Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Iran deal has never looked better...

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

We should have offered them a deal in 1979 and by that I mean free the hostages within 72 hours or declaration of war. They needed to be made an example of and should have never gotten away with that bull shit.

Carter has proven to be a good statesman and philanthropist in his years after being President but they had not a clue how to handle that situation at the time. And Iran demanded nothing short than the Shahs head on a stick at the time. After Vietnam the US had no appetite nor solid local infrastructure to send troops to Iran at that point. Reagan wasn't afraid to get greasy by playing Iraq and then deal with Iran at the same time by providing arms. It's possible that Carter could have done the same thing as the war with Iraq was imminent. Carter just wasn't greasy like that though.
    Good philanthropist yes, good statesman? Only if you believe America's interests should be sacrificed "for the greater good" or some other such nonsense. On the statesman front he's been more of a meddler and worse. That douchebag has played a central role in brokering shitty deals like the nuclear arms deal Clinton made with North Korea. We'd? all be much better off if he stuck to peanut farming and building houses. Regarding Iran, no doubt there was no appetite for war at the time, but the role of a leader includes making tough decisions in the face of adversity. On Iran parts I and II he has only shown that he is a fuck up and has no balls.
    Carter was a shitty President no doubt. He wouldn't Print money to save the economy which some may have thought as a good thing and hadn't a clue on how to handle the hostage situation. But Carter was the by product of Nixon and the stiff that Was Gerald Ford. Just as Trump is the by product of Black Carter.
    Speaking of the monies and interest rates and what not, some people forget that it was Carter who appointed Paul Volcker. Reagan had balls and gave him the necessary political cover. Hard to imagine that happening with today's pols.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

We should have offered them a deal in 1979 and by that I mean free the hostages within 72 hours or declaration of war. They needed to be made an example of and should have never gotten away with that bull shit.

Carter has proven to be a good statesman and philanthropist in his years after being President but they had not a clue how to handle that situation at the time. And Iran demanded nothing short than the Shahs head on a stick at the time. After Vietnam the US had no appetite nor solid local infrastructure to send troops to Iran at that point. Reagan wasn't afraid to get greasy by playing Iraq and then deal with Iran at the same time by providing arms. It's possible that Carter could have done the same thing as the war with Iraq was imminent. Carter just wasn't greasy like that though.
    Good philanthropist yes, good statesman? Only if you believe America's interests should be sacrificed "for the greater good" or some other such nonsense. On the statesman front he's been more of a meddler and worse. That douchebag has played a central role in brokering shitty deals like the nuclear arms deal Clinton made with North Korea. We'd? all be much better off if he stuck to peanut farming and building houses. Regarding Iran, no doubt there was no appetite for war at the time, but the role of a leader includes making tough decisions in the face of adversity. On Iran parts I and II he has only shown that he is a fuck up and has no balls.
    Carter was a shitty President no doubt. He wouldn't Print money to save the economy which some may have thought as a good thing and hadn't a clue on how to handle the hostage situation. But Carter was the by product of Nixon and the stiff that Was Gerald Ford. Just as Trump is the by product of Black Carter.
    Holy shit, it's the white whale of chins- i.e., @BearsWiin .

Just when I thought I had validation too.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Pics?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Hell, I might of just done one of the greatest chin cock blocks of all time in this place. But fuck, if I can't get a Chin with a bad ass gif of Captain Ahab as played by the most famous Cal Rowing Alums of all times, then no one gets one.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Hell, I might of just done one of the greatest chin cock blocks of all time in this place. But fuck, if I can't get a Chin with a bad ass gif of Captain Ahab as played by the most famous Cal Rowing Alums of all times, then no one gets one.
    Pressing
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Pressing
    A infamous non UW poster here once told me that do to over use "pressing" is now pressing. Seems legit.
    I'll wait for @CuntWaffle to weigh in first.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    DISAGREE

Instant classic gifs this belongs.
    tyfys*

*suggestion
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Pressing
    A infamous non UW poster here once told me that do to over use "pressing" is now pressing. Seems legit.
    I don't know that I've ever used it before, so I don't know if using it once can be overusing it. Seemed appropriate here tho, all thing cunsidered
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Pressing
    I don't know that I've ever used it before, so I don't know if using it once can be overusing it. Seemed appropriate here tho, all thing cunsidered
    It's OK; it was my maiden voyage with "pressing" as well.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Pressing
    Pressing
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Ima ChinTease
    Pressing
    Pressing
    It's getting to be like revenge of the nerds around here.
  • Options
    @BearsWiin was right. The Placenta won.