Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kim may finally be right about some of us

If all goes according to the way it should, I may be rooting for the Crimson and Gray over the Purple and Gold for the first time in my life. Yes, I will be rooting for us to fail so that I can be right.

Despite the shitty funk the team is in right now there is little chance that they lose to Cal or Colorado (a loss to either would bring the guillotine down on Sark rather quickly). There is above a 50% chance they lose to both OSU and UCLA. That puts us at 6-5 going into the Apple Cup. By this point the recruiting class will be in shambles, the team will be a wreck, But I am not convinced that this program, currently addicted to mediocrity, will seek help unless they hit rock bottom.

So, staring down a 6-5 record going into the Apple Cup I will be rooting for Mike Leach's team to once again break the passing record and beat our ass up and down the field. The fear I have is that a win over WSU and a win over Navy or San Jose State in the Kraft Hunger Bowl will be seen as a "sign that the program is on the rise" and we will be rebuilding from the disaster of 2014 for years.

Undefeated the rest of the way or #gobears

Comments

• I hate the Coogs too and their annoying fan base. However at 6-5 we all should want WSU to win(not that it matters who we root for).

I know some disagree with me but I think a 6-6 season with a three game losing streak to end the year particularly a loss to WSU would be the end for Sark.

At 7-5 he SHOULD be fired as well but he won't be. I do think at 6-6 he would be fired that following Monday and some assistant would coach the bowl game.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I feel wrong rooting against UW, but we are at that point where losses are beneficial as long as they get Sark out.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Not sure how you could call yourself a Husky fan if you want them to lose.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    edited October 2013

I'm rooting for 4-8. Not so that I can be right, but so everyone else will finally notice that I'm right.

I'm rooting for 7-6. just so I can see 7-6>7-6>7-6>7-6 all off season long. Also, beating your chest is a great incentive in itself.

Seven (4 times) Sarkisian has a nice ring to it.
  • alumni94 said:

It's for the greater good. Worst thing that can happen to UW is an 8-5 season.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    alumni94 said:

You didn't go to UW .... Did you?

I too see 6-5 going into AC ... I fear 7-5 brings an eternity of Sarkaphus (like Sysiphus) pushing that rock up the hill only to have it roll back down and crush him once he approaches 6 conference wins.... Actually it's a plunger he is pushing I think ... And it flips him and goes ass deep..

Is dawgman reverse trolling...?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

You're not very good at this.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

I'm getting a lot of complaints about your posts here. Not sure its worth it anymore. We don't censor, we just ask posters to use common sense

• Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    Don't see Sark getting fired after a 6-6 season. He should be, but he won't. They'll give him one more year with a very vocal "Steve understands that we need to see improvement next year" from Woodward.

So, no, I won't root for us to lose if we're 6-5 heading into the Apple Cup. Win, try and salvage recruiting.. then maybe Woodward will have an epiphany several weeks later and fire Sark anyway.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Don't see Sark getting fired after a 6-6 season. He should be, but he won't. They'll give him one more year with a very vocal "Steve understands that we need to see improvement next year" from Woodward.

So, no, I won't root for us to lose if we're 6-5 heading into the Apple Cup. Win, try and salvage recruiting.. then maybe Woodward will have an epiphany several weeks later and fire Sark anyway.

6-6 with a home loss to WSU and I don't see how he can survive. 7 wins and I think he stays barring a plunger rape in the bowl game.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    I get the logic of rooting for Wazooo but I can't bring myself to do it.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

Maybe not. I don't think the record alone matters. Hence why Steve is still the coach currently (not saying I 100% agree with that). Therefore, I think Steve could win out and still be fired. After the ASU game, not sure if he has a job even if he wins out. That was the type of crap that needed to stop. Therefore, why ask for the team to be crappy?

You're not very good at this.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174

If all goes according to the way it should, I may be rooting for the Crimson and Gray over the Purple and Gold for the first time in my life. Yes, I will be rooting for us to fail so that I can be right.

It's not that you're rooting for us to fail so that you can be right - you're rooting for us to fail so that the healing process can begin sooner. No reason to let the wound fester - just clean it out now rather than wait until it has gangrene.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I'm rooting for 4-8. Not so that I can be right, but so everyone else will finally notice that I'm right.

I'm rooting for 7-6. just so I can see 7-6>7-6>7-6>7-6 all off season long. Also, beating your chest is a great incentive in itself.

Seven (4 times) Sarkisian has a nice ring to it.
    I would miss Steve Sarkisian Day, dammit.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Totally emphatically disagree!! The Huskies must always find a way to not lose to WSU because it means so little to beat the sodbusters. Even if they've lost both hind legs and all their fangs, the 2013 Sarkies will have to gum the coogs into submission and send the Palouse pukes home as a sack of road pizza.

Sark may get fired at any time and we can all celebrate, but it should not happen because our team is losing to Wazzo. There are far too many other more relevant reasons for changing coaches and because of that, it's sadly not likely to happen anytime soon. So, lets think about beating the cooglosers at the very least when the time comes.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    I'm guessing that Woodward is praying that Sark can find safe harbor with 8 wins because the 2014 season schedule has been rigged to such a pathetic degree of softness that a 10-win season is inevitable and then Woodward can point to that as his decision to hire Sark having been a success, to go along with the beautiful stadium that he calls "my baby".
  • I'm guessing that Woodward is praying that Sark can find safe harbor with 8 wins because the 2014 season schedule has been rigged to such a pathetic degree of softness that a 10-win season is inevitable and then Woodward can point to that as his decision to hire Sark having been a success, to go along with the beautiful stadium that he calls "my baby".

Even with that ridiculously soft schedule I'm sure Sark would find a way to not win 10 games or even 9.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Despite the shitty funk the team is in right now there is little chance that they lose to Cal or Colorado (a loss to either would bring the guillotine down on Sark rather quickly). There is above a 50% chance they lose to both OSU and UCLA. That puts us at 6-5 going into the Apple Cup. By this point the recruiting class will be in shambles, the team will be a wreck, But I am not convinced that this program, currently addicted to mediocrity, will seek help unless they hit rock bottom.

So, staring down a 6-5 record going into the Apple Cup I will be rooting for Mike Leach's team to once again break the passing record and beat our ass up and down the field. The fear I have is that a win over WSU and a win over Navy or San Jose State in the Kraft Hunger Bowl will be seen as a "sign that the program is on the rise" and we will be rebuilding from the disaster of 2014 for years.

Undefeated the rest of the way or #gobears

And this is different from last year how? I wanted to lose for same reasons last year. A lot of good that did.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited October 2013

I am also rooting for 4-8. And Woodward deserves to see the Cougs celebrating on the W at midfield of his "baby."