Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tequilla, a Q

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tequilla said:

Stamping the hire was probably not the best choice of words.

I'm well aware of all of those quotes from Emmert.

The truth is rarely as neatly packaged as the story you hear publicly.

Emmert isn't without his fair share of blame/responsibility for Tyrone. But it's not all on him either.

At this point, it really shouldn't even be an issue going forward:

Emmert isn't here. We're 5 years past Tyrone. Turner's long gone.

We've seen that Emmert's screwed the pooch at the NCAA. The years haven't been kind to him.

Going back to this discussion is really just beating a dead horse. It's diverting attention away from the decisions that need to be made today.

And there are some parallels that we can see between 2007 and 2013 ...

The question is can we learn from them?

I guess I was trying to determine if you learned anything in the last five years or not. I'm hoping not just you, but the rest of the doogs have. But it's not looking good.

Basically, all you have to say is "don't believe what Emmert and others say publically". That's a very grinolds type of thing to say.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Anybody that says that I"m defending Emmert clearly isn't reading anything that I wrote.

He's been abject failure at the NCAA.

He lacked the guts to fire Tyrone after 2007 and caved to the race-related pressures.

He was clearly involved in the decision to hire Tyrone (the debate as to what level he was instrumental in the hire is really insignificant).

He lacked the guts to fire Turner while he was alienating the alumni base and only got lucky by losing Turner when he resigned for refusing to fire Tyrone.

Where in any of the above is that defending Emmert?

The only difference that I may have with many regarding Emmert is the amount of blame that I lay at his feet. Many of you around here think 100%. And that's fine. I don't think Emmert was 100% to blame. He had help - a lot of it. But he's far from innocent and his decisions have clearly shown that he lacked the backbone to correct mistakes that were made in a timely manner. I've said that consistently over time.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tequilla said:

Anybody that says that I"m defending Emmert clearly isn't reading anything that I wrote.

He's been abject failure at the NCAA.

He lacked the guts to fire Tyrone after 2007 and caved to the race-related pressures.

He was clearly involved in the decision to hire Tyrone (the debate as to what level he was instrumental in the hire is really insignificant).

He lacked the guts to fire Turner while he was alienating the alumni base and only got lucky by losing Turner when he resigned for refusing to fire Tyrone.

Where in any of the above is that defending Emmert?

The only difference that I may have with many regarding Emmert is the amount of blame that I lay at his feet. Many of you around here think 100%. And that's fine. I don't think Emmert was 100% to blame. He had help - a lot of it. But he's far from innocent and his decisions have clearly shown that he lacked the backbone to correct mistakes that were made in a timely manner. I've said that consistently over time.

1) He was an abject failure at the UW, not just the NCAA. The record speaks for itself.
    2) There is no debate about his involvement hiring Ty, other than you choosing to ignore statements from Emmert and others and passing it off as a vague "don't believe what's said publicly" Kimism

Emmert hired Turner and if it was done during the transition into his job, I can see how maybe it a good manager could mess it up. But a good CEO would know fairly quickly after that his hire was bad and would fix it in a timely manner, not after the hire ran the company into the ground 4 years later. I would lay the blame 100% on him. He is the only person that could have stopped this mess and fixed it sooner rather than when it was too late, then bolting. His management of the NCAA is just the next thing he fucked up, not the first thing.

So that's put to rest. Let's talk about Dr. Young. Seems like he is just next in the line of "Football presidents" that are either incompetent or just don't care.
  • Holy fuck is this the real Tequilla? Nobody has time to read that shit!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Dr. Young hasn't given a reason to think that he's overly competent at this point
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Colonel Emmert: "They say my methods are unsound........ Are my methods unsound, young captain?"

Captain Tequilla: I don't see..... any method at all.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I heart Mike Damone.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Did anyone actually read any of this shit?

TL,DR
    Tequilllllla Long, didnt read.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Losers hire losers, winners hire winners

We have had losers at the top for a long time
  • Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    Tequilla said:

lol
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Good hell tequilla I once thought you were just semi annoying for the long rants and over emotional and a doog at heart. Now you are just delusional.

Two of the greatest things race and iDawg have ever said that are eternal truths ( and I don't want them to be right but they just are so pull your head out of the sand).

1. Just throw out the worst possible scenarios and more often than not they happen with uw football. It's funny how true that is.

2. With regards to Woodward and Emmert, never believe the back channel rumors. Everything they say publicly has turned out to reflect them to a tee.

Claim your sanity and come back to reality.