Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fab 5 freshman who won't redshirt this year

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Love needs another year in the weight room. This years freshman man class came physically more ready to play collegeball
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Love needs another year in the weight room. This years freshman man class came physically more ready to play collegeball

Every year they do
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Not sure if I'm a fan of stacking 6 DBs all into the same graduating class... with Murphy, Glichrist, and Love having all redshirted last season

A few or more will end up leaving early anyway. At least this will spare us from seeing Dotson during garbage time.
    A few or more?

There won't be more than a few of those 6 DB's leaving early. At most Murphy and Molden and maybe one other emerges to that level.
    So a few or more is still correct, cool.
    A few at most

I'd set the o/u at 1.5
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Not sure if I'm a fan of stacking 6 DBs all into the same graduating class... with Murphy, Glichrist, and Love having all redshirted last season

A few or more will end up leaving early anyway. At least this will spare us from seeing Dotson during garbage time.
    A few or more?

There won't be more than a few of those 6 DB's leaving early. At most Murphy and Molden and maybe one other emerges to that level.
    So a few or more is still correct, cool.
    A few at most

I'd set the o/u at 1.5
    I take that bet. Pete loves redshirts. We have decent -great dbs if he didnt think these guys would make an impact now and likely be gone in 3 years he wouldn't play them.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Offensive skill players and cornerbacks shouldn't be redshirted.

Because if they are any good they'll leave after year 4 or they should be recruited over.

Everyone else should unless you have a depth crisis or they are a true freak.

So everyone should redshirt unless your good.

NSPOTY
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HuskyJW said:

Offensive skill players and cornerbacks shouldn't be redshirted.

Because if they are any good they'll leave after year 4 or they should be recruited over.

Everyone else should unless you have a depth crisis or they are a true freak.

So everyone should redshirt unless your good.

NSPOTY
    Nah the rest need an off-season to work harder than ever.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

All three DB's playing is not good news.

Chinteresting he didn't list TMFJ. Lenius must have showed enough that they think they might be able to redshirt him.

This is what happens when you lose 3 starters and 2 of whom are underclassmen.

You lose Walker this offseason and decent chance JoJo could consider leaving (lesser chance that Miller balls out and leaves but it's definitely greater than a 0% chance).

What's more likely with the DBs is as follows:

1) they will get some Special Teams run

2) potentially a bad sign for DBs in the RS Frosh and Soph ranks ... specifically guys like Kentrell Love
    Disagree.

I don't think they were the least bit caught off guard by the departures. They knew Budda was a three year player from day one, and they knew it with SMFJ at least halfway through his sophomore year. They planned for those guys to leave.

It's bad news especially considering a) the emergence of a walkon to be a viable member of the 2 deeps b) they moved Dotson to DB from offense. If all three frosh are playing despite all that, it means your last point about Love and the frosh/soph DB's is a good one. And that's not good.
    Who said that they were caught off guard?

Miles Bryant was caught in a numbers game with his graduating class and essentially was offered a preferred walk-on spot and as soon as room opened up for him to get/earn a scholarship he got one. He'll contribute and is far from your "typical" walk on.

Dotson was moved from RB because he sucked. Because Pete doesn't run off players per se, they offered him a chance to go to the secondary and see if his athleticism translated ... it doesn't. It's not that Dotson isn't a good athlete because he is ... he just sucks at football.

I love Kent Love's film out of HS ... let's just say at the fall practices that I went to he didn't make a favorable impression on me and seemed to be running low on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that he won't develop into a player or that the light won't go on at some point ... but it does mean that if he's playing this year in anything more than garbage time that's probably not a good thing for our secondary.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited August 2017
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Chinteresting he didn't list TMFJ. Lenius must have showed enough that they think they might be able to redshirt him.

You lose Walker this offseason and decent chance JoJo could consider leaving (lesser chance that Miller balls out and leaves but it's definitely greater than a 0% chance).

2) potentially a bad sign for DBs in the RS Frosh and Soph ranks ... specifically guys like Kentrell Love
    Disagree.

I don't think they were the least bit caught off guard by the departures. They knew Budda was a three year player from day one, and they knew it with SMFJ at least halfway through his sophomore year. They planned for those guys to leave.

It's bad news especially considering a) the emergence of a walkon to be a viable member of the 2 deeps b) they moved Dotson to DB from offense. If all three frosh are playing despite all that, it means your last point about Love and the frosh/soph DB's is a good one. And that's not good.

Miles Bryant was caught in a numbers game with his graduating class and essentially was offered a preferred walk-on spot and as soon as room opened up for him to get/earn a scholarship he got one. He'll contribute and is far from your "typical" walk on.

Dotson was moved from RB because he sucked. Because Pete doesn't run off players per se, they offered him a chance to go to the secondary and see if his athleticism translated ... it doesn't. It's not that Dotson isn't a good athlete because he is ... he just sucks at football.

I love Kent Love's film out of HS ... let's just say at the fall practices that I went to he didn't make a favorable impression on me and seemed to be running low on the depth chart. That doesn't mean that he won't develop into a player or that the light won't go on at some point ... but it does mean that if he's playing this year in anything more than garbage time that's probably not a good thing for our secondary.
    That was the implication when you bring up two guys leaving early. Otherwise you'd just say "this is what happens when you lose three starters." The "leaving early" is added for effect to suggest it was unexpected. The coaches knew they were leaving early and planned accordingly. Them leaving early has nothing to do with this.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Disagree.

That was the implication when you bring up two guys leaving early. Otherwise you'd just say "this is what happens when you lose three starters." The "leaving early" is added for effect to suggest it was unexpected. The coaches knew they were leaving early and planned accordingly. Them leaving early has nothing to do with this.
    That's reading way too much into what I said ...

This is a common problem at a lot of top schools ... guys leave early and the next wave likely will as well ... get them game reps if they prove they are ready for it.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This thread reads like Doogman.

Play the best players. Period.

Win or GTFO.

Oh, no shit?

People are trying to figure out what it means that all three true freshmen DBs are among those best.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Win or GTFO.

Oh, no shit?

People are trying to figure out what it means that all three true freshmen DBs are among those best.
    It means their among the best.

HTH
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    It means Molden and Murphy Starting for the next 3 years and will be first round picks and then it starts over
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Win or GTFO.

Oh, no shit?

HTH
    *They're.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Win or GTFO.

Oh, no shit?

HTH
    *They're.

*they're