Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ty Willingham husky that would crack starting lineup this year?

13»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

In addition to several other names floated above, I'd add this guy to the mix:

Reece went to four straight ProBowls, and he's still (barely) hanging around with SEA at age 32. Think of what Hamdan could have done with a legit big body out wide against Bammer's secondary last year.

Same diff if we had Stringfellow as well. Alas.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:
    Somehow missed it. Next time smoke signal that shit to me
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe Marcell Reece. Dan
    chuck said:

It's funny to think about the good players uw had during the ty years in the context of how shitty the teams were.

I think Kearse would be a sure thing starter this year. Shackleford was good but was also a RN recruit. Gunheim would look great at OLB in this defense.

I don't know if Polk would be the starter over the guys we have or not, but I bet he'd get a near even split on carries or other touches (he was a good and underutilized receiver).

Butler and Foster were as good as or better than the two current ILBs.

Hemphill...lol what a joke. Plodding safeties that come in late with their head down and miss the cheap shot probably wouldn't cut it with the current staff and talent level.

It's hard to say that Victor and Bierria are better than Butler of Foster, but it's not a crazy debate.

Both Butler and Foster would have been amazing under this staff. Foster was great under Sark and Holt.

Ta'Amu would have been a monster as well. I don't think he would start over Vea or Gaines though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

Jack Lockner would start at QB, TE, OLB, and Safety. Mason Foster. Gunheim, Savannah, Ossai, Marcel Reece would get on the field somewhere,

You turds have always had talent.

We had shitty talent because we had shitty coaching and recruiting.

A couple good players can't make a team good. We saw that even in Pete's first year.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,115
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Jack Lockner would start at QB, TE, OLB, and Safety. Mason Foster. Gunheim, Savannah, Ossai, Marcel Reece would get on the field somewhere,

You turds have always had talent.

Who?

• Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Was it academics with EJ or he get in trouble? Can't remember
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Was it academics with EJ or he get in trouble? Can't remember

or?
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Or he get in trouble??!!?? U son of a bitch answer the question
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited August 2017
    chuck said:

It's funny to think about the good players uw had during the ty years in the context of how shitty the teams were.

I think Kearse would be a sure thing starter this year. Shackleford was good but was also a RN recruit. Gunheim would look great at OLB in this defense.

I don't know if Polk would be the starter over the guys we have or not, but I bet he'd get a near even split on carries or other touches (he was a good and underutilized receiver).

Butler and Foster were as good as or better than the two current ILBs.

Hemphill...lol what a joke. Plodding safeties that come in late with their head down and miss the cheap shot probably wouldn't cut it with the current staff and talent level.

Disagree with most of what you say.

Shakleford was mostly ineffective, slow he had trouble separating. Many of Brother Shacks touches came against prevent zones when UW trailed by double digits.

Gunheim looked good in a uniform, but was hardly a good football player

If Polk doesn't start for the 2017 team he gets plenty of carries. Butler and Foster were good players, but not in Azeems league. Yes, both are better than Bieria.

Hemphill was no joke, Ty wasted his talent. He wasn't a bad kid, and likely would have thrived playing for Pete and J-Lake.

Kearse made big plays but was plagued by big drops. Though no Mickens, Pete likely wouldnt tolerate the drops, meaning Kearse shares time as the second receiver.