Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just listened to yesterday's Mora interview again.

2»

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    What does Seattle being the worse city on the planet (source?) have to do with Husky Fans and Seahawk fans being passionate about defense?

Secondly, what does politics have to do with fans being tolerant of shitty sports teams. The most intolerant fans I know are in Philadelphia, Boston, New York, and Chicago - all cities that lean to the left politically.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Passion said:

What does Seattle being the worse city on the planet (source?) have to do with Husky Fans and Seahawk fans being passionate about defense?

Secondly, what does politics have to do with fans being tolerant of shitty sports teams. The most intolerant fans I know are in Philadelphia, Boston, New York, and Chicago - all cities that lean to the left politically.

Seattle's politics have nothing to do with its status as being the worst sports city on the planet.

It's the fucking residents of Seattle (and all of Puget Sound really) that openly embrace the pussification of its sports that make it the worst sports city on the planet. The current incarnation of the Seahawks are an exception to the rule.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Passion said:

Seattle's politics have nothing to do with its status as being the worst sports city on the planet.

It's the fucking residents of Seattle (and all of Puget Sound really) that openly embrace the pussification of its sports that make it the worst sports city on the planet. The current incarnation of the Seahawks are an exception to the rule.
    Seahawk fans are your typical Seattle bandwagoners, just like the M's fans in 2001. I went to a Seahawks game in Carrol's first year and the fans sucked. Until last year, they had been absent since 2007.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Anyone still have the Dream on video Mooser made?
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    I think @MrsMora might have it
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Very cool video. Never seen it.
    One thing that struck me is the
    gold helmet with the purple W
    should NEVER be fucked with.
    If we have to wear pink to get
    the best players fine, but you don't
    fuck with that helmet. Some things
    are sacred.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club

Passion said:

This man wants the Husky job.

Let's make it happen.

Well, I just listened to the interview. I think saying that "this man wants the Husky job" may be a little wishful thinking on your part. Maybe he does, but what I heard is a man that clearly loves Don James and appreciates the impact James had on his life.

I also clearly heard Mora express an appreciation for a certain "blue collar" mentality of northwesterners that translates into an appreciation for defense. I really agree with that statement. As much as some people on this website like to bash Seattle-area people as soft liberals, I will assure you that I know several "liberal" sports fans that are passionate about their teams, and don't tolerate bullshit players or coaches. Regardless of whether it's the chilly weather or our lumber/outdoorsy roots, people in the Puget Sound area are tough - Democrats and Republicans.

Anyway, I just don't know if I heard enough to convince me that he wants the job...although I hope you're right.
    How long have you been living in DC? Shit's changed up here. Seattle went TUFF libs who'll bash your face in to SOFT libs that don't like keeping score.
    I still know some TUFF LIB Longshoreman and Commercial fishermen types, but they are usually so coked up they couldn't give two shits about anything, much less Husky football.

Passion said:

Let's make it happen.

Well, I just listened to the interview. I think saying that "this man wants the Husky job" may be a little wishful thinking on your part. Maybe he does, but what I heard is a man that clearly loves Don James and appreciates the impact James had on his life.

I also clearly heard Mora express an appreciation for a certain "blue collar" mentality of northwesterners that translates into an appreciation for defense. I really agree with that statement. As much as some people on this website like to bash Seattle-area people as soft liberals, I will assure you that I know several "liberal" sports fans that are passionate about their teams, and don't tolerate bullshit players or coaches. Regardless of whether it's the chilly weather or our lumber/outdoorsy roots, people in the Puget Sound area are tough - Democrats and Republicans.

Anyway, I just don't know if I heard enough to convince me that he wants the job...although I hope you're right.
    How long have you been living in DC? Shit's changed up here. Seattle went TUFF libs who'll bash your face in to SOFT libs that don't like keeping score.
    Not sure I'm completely with you, but that makes a little more sense. I come from a family of blue collar, construction worker, union-member Democrats. People that believe in better healthcare and wages for "working men," got drunk from Ranier beer, hunted, fished, and would get in bar fights for stupid reasons. Picture Matt Damon's friends in "Good Will Hunting." Whatever, I love 'em.

I'm the first in my family to go to college.

My dad was born in a logging camp and Dave Beck was a hero in our house growing up. Jackson and Maggie would have soon as nuked you as looked at you if you fucked with the USA. Hence the tough liberals who would smash your face in that we unveiled on an early podcast. Now we get Patti Murray and Osama Bin Laden's daycare program for future terrorists

Well, I don't want to get into a spat with you, but Patti Murray is no shrinking violet. You might want to check out all the shit she has tried to do to improve veterans' healthcare...and who has blocked her efforts in the Senate. She might not be able to kick and pull hair with some of Swaye's girlfriends at a parking lot in Lynnwood, but she's not afraid to take on tough fights.

Just sayin'
  • But why would he leave an Alabama esque dynasty in the making???!!!
  • You're in the minority, but you're not alone. I think he would be a damn fool to leave UCLA for UW. After having shit expectations for a decade, UW fans would actually be tough on Mora. Plus Seattle just plain fucking sucks lifestyle wise compared to LA when you have money.

I did laugh at the thought of replacing Chan Gailey Jr. with Chan Gailey though.

I think they'd be tough on Mora because he's tough. That's the issue. He's a bad fit culturally for this pussy town. But I don't think they'd be tough on him for 7 wins. Frat boy's doing just fine last I checked.

Mora's problems would stem from his occasional PR gaffs and the like, and people would probably remember his Seahawk days, when he did, like Papa, put his foot in his mouth a time or two. He's a Mora - he's going to do that again. He's going to go off on a reporter who asks the wrong question at the wrong time or who takes a call during the presser. He doesn't know how to smoothly tell someone to fuck off like 7 does. Mora actually says, "fuck off". 7 actually says, "sorry bro, I haven't really thought about that" or "sorry, man, I just covered that". Seriously, that would be the pertinent difference. Today's Seattle would freak the fuck out the first time Mora went ape shit on someone, with or without the wins.

But I can't fathom he'd be feeling pressure for 7 wins. Sark isn't.

That's why Mora would be so great. He'd win games and all those media fags(75K) like Softy, Kim, Jerry Brewer, etc would have to watch what they ask or he'd hand them their fucking lunch.

In fact I'd love it if Mora just refused to even speak to Kim after all the shit he has said. That alone would make the hire perfect.

Mora already has better local ties up here than Sark ever will. The fence would be alive and he's proven he can land big time OL which tells me his programs will always be in the top third of the conference.
  • Passion said:

If you noticed who was the only head coach in the past decade the fans didn't give a chance? The only guy who fucking wins which is Carroll.

Carroll doesn't give a fuck about anything other than wins. For years I heard Seahawks fans telling me how they loved Ruskell because he was bringing in "good character guys".

Now like Ty nobody claims to have ever supported him.

Mora would rub some people the wrong way because sven is right Seattle is a pussy fucking city. Look at how our politicians rolled over on the Sonics moving if you need a "source?".

Look how Husky Football and Mariners baseball basically became extinct without anyone raising a fuss besides a few guys living in their mom's basement.

The PNW is the passive aggressive capitol of the United State. I sometimes wonder why I still live up here and didn't move to SoCal.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303

Passion said:

Let's make it happen.

We could definitely use some of those old TUFF Libs in the fanbase. Maybe there are a few still out there, but I doubt it.

Back in the 90s, I had a guy like this talk shit/try to pick a fight out on Hood Canal. We were trying to gas up a friends fishing boat which had a huge Coog decal (his dad went there). Had to explain to him the situation and he finally settled the fuck down. Don't think that kind of thing happens anymore.
  • When was that pic taken? If that guy was holding up the sign bye bye Ty in 2006 and 2007 then good for him. If he was holding that sign in 2008 then fuck that guy!
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

When was that pic taken? If that guy was holding up the sign bye bye Ty in 2006 and 2007 then good for him. If he was holding that sign in 2008 then fuck that guy!

It's not real. Photoshop. Actual sign said "Kent Rocks"!

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Passion said:

My dad was born in a logging camp and Dave Beck was a hero in our house growing up. Jackson and Maggie would have soon as nuked you as looked at you if you fucked with the USA. Hence the tough liberals who would smash your face in that we unveiled on an early podcast. Now we get Patti Murray and Osama Bin Laden's daycare program for future terrorists

Well, I don't want to get into a spat with you, but Patti Murray is no shrinking violet. You might want to check out all the shit she has tried to do to improve veterans' healthcare...and who has blocked her efforts in the Senate. She might not be able to kick and pull hair with some of Swaye's girlfriends at a parking lot in Lynnwood, but she's not afraid to take on tough fights.

Just sayin'
    FREE PUB!