Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardy har har

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Meanwhile, the leader of The Party of Lincoln is actively tweeting in support of the Confederacy.

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Meanwhile, the leader of The Party of Lincoln is actively tweeting in support of the Confederacy.

Zactly. If we were truly post-racial and all that, nobody would care about these hunks of bronze and marble. When it seemed like this country was truly overcoming its past and becoming a place for true opportunity for all, those statues seemed like relics of a chapter best forgotten.

But with Jefferson Beuregard Sessions bringing back the war on drugs, a string of shootings of unarmed (and in one case, lawfully armed and compliant) black folks, the stripping of Voting Rights Act protections, they seem more relevant.

But most importantly, all these fucking white domestic terrorist numbskulls coming out of the woodwork. It happened in South Carolina and that forced the takedown of the Battle Flag from the SC State Capitol, which I thought would *never* happen. Now these numbskulls do it again in C'ville and a string of Confederate statues tumble across Dixie.

Troomps support isn't helping the cause either.
  • Options
    Wow. Didn't know about that one.

The Trump family crest is a fakery, too.
  • Options

I think people have always had an issue with these monuments. Down south there were defenders. In the north we? didn't know that most of those existed. Just yesterday the LA and Seattle Times both reported on monuments in cemeteries. The LA one is gone already.

There was nothing romantic about the old south or the civil war. We lost more per capita than any war we fought in.

Clinton did in fact use the stars and bars on campaign literature in the 90's. Down south. My wife hated his guts. And loved Hillary. I still tread lightly around the election.

We were talking the other night and she was going on about people being lazy and needing to get of their ass and find a job and how our jobs are all in Mexico and China.

I was drunk and high so I said "you sound like Trump" because she did.

The random generator switches on and Trump is a racist elected by racists.

"So I'm a racist now?"

Well not you.

But you can see how in order to divert from the failed economic policies and the lack of progress after 8 years for young Black males in particular economically, the race card still works.

Bannon is right. Trump delivers on the economy and the same coalition that abandoned Hillary will re elect him. And we will remain divided along racial and economic lines.

Because both parties do want this division. As I once said - divide and conquer. Everybody does it.

Take them all down.

Everything about this post made a lost of sense except the "Trump delivers on the economy" part.

I still haven't seen how he's going to help the bumfucks that elected him.
  • Options
    What has Trump done, substantively, on the economy since he was elected?

The stock market's happy and market confidence is driving growth. But that has nothing to do with any actual policy of the administration's.

Any new GOP tax cut will shoot a hole in the bubble and we'll crash again and the deficit will scream skyward. Just like every GOP administration. Those guys are cargo cultists for tax cuts.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Create anticipation for tax cuts to make US manufacturing competitive.

You have to be a total bury-your-head-in-the-sanders to hide from what is happening today in the US economy with both foreign investment and USCorps planning to bring offshore money back onshore.
  • Options
    doogie said:

You have to be a total bury-your-head-in-the-sanders to hide from what is happening today in the US economy with both foreign investment and USCorps planning to bring offshore money back onshore.

I don't see anything fundamental besides market exuberance. Which is great, but the fundamentals of this economy are still O'bummers. Once Trump gets his own Prez of the Fed and his tax cuts in there, we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    You don't have one single semblance of a fucking clue.

Actual and planned capital investment is off the fucking charts right now. The single biggest problem/concern is the fear too much money will pour in too soon.
  • Options
    "Actual and planned capital investment" has nothing to do with Federal economic policy and everything to do with market confidence, but still.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,846
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

What has Trump done, substantively, on the economy since he was elected?

The stock market's happy and market confidence is driving growth. But that has nothing to do with any actual policy of the administration's.

Any new GOP tax cut will shoot a hole in the bubble and we'll crash again and the deficit will scream skyward. Just like every GOP administration. Those guys are cargo cultists for tax cuts.

Making long term progress on our structural deficits will be far better for our economy in the long run that any short term juicing from tax cuts. Yes, we need to overhaul the tax code and remove all the BS therein, but ultimately revenues are going to have to increase some. Any denial of this fact is pure fantasy.
  • Options
    There isn't a single person around talking about how the Fed is going to reduce a 5 Trillion balance sheet of dogshit into a tapped global market, with rising rates, without choking off the bond market completely from everyone else.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    doogie said:

There isn't a single person around talking about how the Fed is going to reduce a 5 Trillion balance sheet of dogshit into a tapped global market, with rising rates, without choking off the bond market completely from everyone else.

In Engrish please.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would have been embarrassed to make a post 7 months into Obama's term saying he would never do anything because he hadn't so far

There has been progress and some of it even shows up on the scoreboard.

Health care and taxes need to be addressed. Cut or raise isn't as important as knowing what the rules are going to be for the next few years
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,631
    AZDuck said:

The hategasm in Charlottesville is causing moar cities to remove their Confederate monuments. Including cities that weren't even planning on removing them.

Yeah it's causing idiots to try and tear down the peace monument in Atlanta because they thought it was a confederate monument.
  • Options
    doogie said:

The theory sounds chinteresting.

Waiting to see results though.
  • Options

I would have been embarrassed to make a post 7 months into Obama's term saying he would never do anything because he hadn't so far

Health care and taxes need to be addressed. Cut or raise isn't as important as knowing what the rules are going to be for the next few years

Agree.

Let me know when the President and Congress come up with workable plans for either one.
  • Options
    doogie said:

You don't have one single semblance of a fucking clue.

Actual and planned capital investment is off the fucking charts right now. The single biggest problem/concern is the fear too much money will pour in too soon.

Link?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agree.

Let me know when the President and Congress come up with workable plans for either one.
    I'm starting with the man in the mirror