Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HHB's Raising Money to Get Sark Fired

I tried to create a crowdfunding campaign on http://www.indiegogo.com/ but I don't have a business/premier paypal account, which is necessary.

However, I think if someone else could take the horns on this it could be a successful campaign.

First of all, you can make all donations for the cause of firing Sark refundable if the monetary goal is not reached, or if Sark is not fired. When I tried to create one I set the goal at $100,000 dollars with a deadline of December 8th.

I personally pledge $200 to anyone who wants to run with this.

Or don't. I just believe it would raise awareness that fans are upset with Sark, and could potentially have some sway with the AD.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Will this accept bitcoins?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,333
    How about Facebook credits?
  • Can I donate some house money?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    What you and Damone have said is interesting. If we can get Sark's buyout I bet it can be done. I am not sure what $100k accomplishes. Like sure it shows a gesture but I am not sure that it will be well received. There are better sources of free pub. Some would even be free! (Although a $3M goal would make waves if met)
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,601 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2013
    I get Century Link bucks that can be exchanged for concessions at Sounders (!!!!) games. Can I contribute those?
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    How are people that live in their mother's basement going to afford this?
  • Colonel_AngusColonel_Angus Member Posts: 49
    Will it accept my EBT card?
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    waste of money guys... you can't get rid of Sark and expect Woody and the rest of the administration to do what needs to get done.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 765
    Maybe we could set up one up that refunds everyone after Sark is fired? I can manage the money, and I'll only collect the interest as a fee. Or, we could set up a Fire Sark pyramid scheme. I'm down with either.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,833 Swaye's Wigwam
    "Jim, consider this the fucking Bat signal"
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Every little bit helps

I've got some old Papiermarks and Deutsche Marks I'd be willing to part with
  • I should add that it's pretty easy to create a business account. I was just too lazy. I got 80% of the way through the setup in about 10 minutes before I ran into the paypal snag. I'd be glad to help if someone else takes the reigns.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

I tried to create a crowdfunding campaign on http://www.indiegogo.com/ but I don't have a business/premier paypal account, which is necessary.

However, I think if someone else could take the horns on this it could be a successful campaign.

First of all, you can make all donations for the cause of firing Sark refundable if the monetary goal is not reached, or if Sark is not fired. When I tried to create one I set the goal at $100,000 dollars with a deadline of December 8th.

Or don't. I just believe it would raise awareness that fans are upset with Sark, and could potentially have some sway with the AD.

CollegeDoog, I applaud you for your efforts. It is refreshing to see younger fans like yourself (I'm only 26, so I get how most people in our age range think after watching losing football) who actually get it, but save your money for an 8 ball and a bottle of rum. Worry about bare pickling some rich, slutty Hampton socialites two holes, not the shitty UW program. Believe me, it's not worth it.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    I am 26, all but one of my friends are avidly anti-Sark. And the lone exception is a our black sheep.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Gladstone said:

I am 26, all but one of my friends are avidly anti-Sark. And the lone exception is a our black sheep.

Ray-cist

• I tried to create a crowdfunding campaign on http://www.indiegogo.com/ but I don't have a business/premier paypal account, which is necessary.

CollegeDoog, I applaud you for your efforts. It is refreshing to see younger fans like yourself (I'm only 26, so I get how most people in our age range think after watching losing football) who actually get it, but save your money for an 8 ball and a bottle of rum. Worry about bare pickling some rich, slutty Hampton socialites two holes, not the shitty UW program. Believe me, it's not worth it.

Who says abundance isn't an option?