Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's wrong bored Thursday

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

I feel fat.

Sports club where I lift weights is hosting an international tennis tournament, so this week there have been a lot of tall lean athletic twentysomething guys throwing their Babolat bags around in the gym and taking up valuable workout space stretching, instead of doing their warmups in the pilates studios where they have open space, plenty of mats, and 2-lb. shitweights. Then, last night, I spent two hours at the Scotts Valley Parkour gym because my son's friends invited him to an open gym intro evening there, and I got to see all these 130-lb. acrobats doing swings, jumps, twists, and climbs.

Oh yeah, I feel old, too. Old and fat.

What was you old and fat 20K time?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

BearsWiin said:

I feel fat.

Sports club where I lift weights is hosting an international tennis tournament, so this week there have been a lot of tall lean athletic twentysomething guys throwing their Babolat bags around in the gym and taking up valuable workout space stretching, instead of doing their warmups in the pilates studios where they have open space, plenty of mats, and 2-lb. shitweights. Then, last night, I spent two hours at the Scotts Valley Parkour gym because my son's friends invited him to an open gym intro evening there, and I got to see all these 130-lb. acrobats doing swings, jumps, twists, and climbs.

Never do that distance. Half marathon was 1:28 or so, back a few years ago when I was doing those from time to time. 5'11" 180lb. isn't the best rowing physique, not enough muscle mass and leverage.
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I feel fat.

Never do that distance. Half marathon was 1:28 or so, back a few years ago when I was doing those from time to time. 5'11" 180lb. isn't the best rowing physique, not enough muscle mass and leverage.
    Coulda sworn you mentioned doing 20,000 meters pieces in a thread a while back. Yep, the physics are stacked against the guys sub, say, 6'2", although my frosh coach was only like 6' and rowed in Barcelona Olympics.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

I feel fat.

Coulda sworn you mentioned doing 20,000 meters pieces in a thread a while back. Yep, the physics are stacked against the guys sub, say, 6'2", although my frosh coach was only like 6' and rowed in Barcelona Olympics.
    I don't recall saying that, but maybe I did. It's just that if you're going to do 20k you may as well do the extra 1097m so you can get a ranking of your time on the C2 website.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    Swaye said:

Instead of rowing and running a lot, I just drink.

Preach
    Swaye said:

Instead of rowing and running a lot, I just drink.

I will never judge.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    My work out is doing 16 ounce diminishing curls, and I am ambidextrous
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,972

Running long distance is definitely a ball shrinking move.

Wind sprints FTW.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    It's a Friday so start another poast fucktards!
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was asked the other day what my blood type is

"Hamburger grease and IPA'S"
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    It's getting to be revenge of the nerds round this bitch.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    BearsWiin said:

I feel fat.

Parkour? Fuck man, that freestyle walking shit was something we did 15 years ago to get some laughs. T's and P's to your son. At least if he's like his old man, he will be a smart, intellectual douchebag. That skill goes a long way in life.