Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sven in the Wigwam...

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    I thought a wigwam was just another word for teepee
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Actually, there are significant differences between them. Teepee's are much more mobile structures, made for being torn down and moved quickly, and made famous by western tribes who followed buffalo and hunted for food. Eastern tribes lives an existence more centered on farming, and supplemented by hunting, which allowed for more permanent structures like wigwams.

I have gone after a combo lifestyle with my trailer, where it seems permanent, but kick some concrete blocks out and steal a truck, and BAM, that motherfucker is on the move!

Interesting that east coast Indians were pussies just like the whites who stayed there because they were too scared to move west
    Actually Race, for Injuns, the East was the West. Their route into the Americans started in the Pacific, unless you're a Mormon, in which case they came on boats from the Kingdom of Israel.
    Cool story but I clearly said the whites were afraid to move west

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Actually, there are significant differences between them. Teepee's are much more mobile structures, made for being torn down and moved quickly, and made famous by western tribes who followed buffalo and hunted for food. Eastern tribes lives an existence more centered on farming, and supplemented by hunting, which allowed for more permanent structures like wigwams.

I have gone after a combo lifestyle with my trailer, where it seems permanent, but kick some concrete blocks out and steal a truck, and BAM, that motherfucker is on the move!

@SpiritHorse PSAs are the best!
    Do you like pancakes?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    Yeah, the PNW tribes had some good livin'. Great fishing, plentiful foraging, and were the last to see the white man.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,474 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Interesting that east coast Indians were pussies just like the whites who stayed there because they were too scared to move west
    Actually Race, for Injuns, the East was the West. Their route into the Americans started in the Pacific, unless you're a Mormon, in which case they came on boats from the Kingdom of Israel.
    Cool story but I clearly said the whites were afraid to move west

True, but you imply that the East Coast Injuns (i.e., Swaye's ancestors) were soft because they were farmers and stayed put in Wigwams vs being Tuff, nomadic, tatanka hunters like the Plains injuns. I was attempting to make the argument that the East Coast injuns were actually the smart ones, because their tuff and brave ancestors left the dry and harsh Plains and kept moving the East where living was easy. The smartest of all injuns were those of PNW- i.e., why take up farming, when you have an endless supply of salmon, berries, and Quilcene oysters.

So they aren't soft because they moved to where living was soft?

There were some tuff tribes that moved west to get away from whitey and beat the shit out of the tribes in there way
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club
    (Some) people forget that the Comanches, Apaches and Cheyenne didn't reach ultimate tuffness until they got the white man's ponies.