Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which assistant coaches

Get fired during the offseason to help preserve Sark's job? I'm thinking Nansen for sure, Cozzetto and Ivan should be released as well. Their unit still sucks after 5 years. Maybe Kiesau?

We all know the problem is the head coach but lets be realistic here for a minute and that is probably what Pool boy will require.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I like to ask different questions to answer the original question ...

If you were a new coach taking the job, what coaches on staff would you strongly consider keeping on staff?

All 4 of the defensive coaches you could make strong arguments for retaining.

You could make a strong argument for retaining Tui.

Taking recruiting out of the picture, you could make an argument for keeping Cozzetto. But you could probably find someone comparable (and that's before recruiting).

I couldn't think of a good reason to retain Kiseau, Nansen, or Poopoo or whatever his name is.

That basically tells you who SHOULD get fired.

As for Sark, no chance he fires Nansen ... if he survived the Holt firings, then you know there's a reason he's tied w/ Sark.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

If you were a new coach taking the job, what coaches on staff would you strongly consider keeping on staff?

Taking recruiting out of the picture, you could make an argument for keeping Cozzetto. But you could probably find someone comparable (and that's before recruiting).

I couldn't think of a good reason to retain Kiseau, Nansen, or Poopoo or whatever his name is.

As for Sark, no chance he fires Nansen ... if he survived the Holt firings, then you know there's a reason he's tied w/ Sark.

If you keep anyone from the current staff, you deserve to be fired faster than Alabama fired Mike Price.
    Our defensive coaches are not the problem
    Tequilla said:

Giving up 98 points and 1,200+ yards in two weeks is a problem.

In related news: Water is wet.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Tequilla said:

El oh el.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    I'll take the D staff and the RB coach. Everyone else can fuck off.
    Tequilla said:

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Nansen is the rb coach....

My guess is Tosh & Heyward be kept. Wilcox & Sirmon are a package deal and would probably look elsewhere. Mora might keep them but DeRuyter would not.

Tequilla said:

When the PAC schedule is over, come back and tell me how many defenses gave up less than 45 points to Oregon. Bad example.

Sark fucked the defense at ASU with a giant plunger in the first half. If Sark didn't have his head straight up his ass, the defense would have done a hell of a job to get to the locker room down 15-7 all things considered.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    TierbsHsotBoobs is giving you a great example of how you don't want to act when you're 40
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

When the PAC schedule is over, come back and tell me how many defenses gave up less than 45 points to Oregon. Bad example.

Sark fucked the defense at ASU with a giant plunger in the first half. If Sark didn't have his head straight up his ass, the defense would have done a hell of a job to get to the locker room down 15-7 all things considered.
    Sometimes, the defense has to get itself off the field too.

While we're inventing hypotheticals for the defense, let's say they gave up 59 points against Oregon too. Dropped wide open pass plus mercy kneeldown at the end took 14 points off the bored.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I like Wilcox, but did you see the fucking tackling last week?

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    Guys, it's all on the head man. Assistants can only mask his problems for so long. Wilcox is good, but he's not a god. Same goes for the others, though I'm not sold on Lupoi.
    RoadDawg,

I saw better tackling on the lawn of UW frats by Oregon frat kids after the Oregon plungering ...

I also saw better kicking when an Oregon frat boy decided to use a UW frat boy's head as a football.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Tequilla said:

Our defensive coaches are not the problem until we face a team that is actually good

Fixed for accuracy

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    As we learned with Baer, Donatello, and Holt, the problem is not the DC.

#FireSark
  • WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184
    edited October 2013
    The only coach I retain is Tui. Although, I do think that a major part of the defenses problem at ASU was the FUCKTARDED offense.

Tackling would have helped too.
  • dnc said:

As we learned with Baer, Donatello, and Holt, the problem is not the DC.

#FireSark

But the players spoke about the difference between Baer 2007 and Donatello 2008......
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam

I am so over this.

The one inch of my dick that is still Doog got excited in 2009 when we defensively kicked the shit out if the Cougs and Cal. I admit (confession to the high priest of HHB) that I was excited when Sark hired Holt.

And as I confessed to Derek in a conversation last year, when our defense came up big against Nebraska in the Holiday Bowl it gave me reason to believe.

Only to see the amazingness of plunger ness to follow.

I felt jilted, cold, and angry.

Show me consistency. I got a Doog boner during the BSU game but kept it in check. Im glad I did
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581
    Nansen needs to be shit canned based on ST performance alone.

Cozetto probably should be gone but I do wonder if half the problem is the OL recruits are just pussies that don't like being yelled at more than he's a bad coach. Either way if he's turning off talent with his approach than he should be gone.

Kieasu seems pointless, he'll just be replaced with some other guy that's an OC in name only.