Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worldwide leader 2nd best cfb game of 2017 playing

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
With 5 minutes still left in the THIRD QTR Penn State over SC in the Rose Bowl 42-35

And that tells you everything you need to know about what is wrong with cfb today. In the attempt to gain more eyeballs, the game has become the fall outdoor version of Arena Football.

Ultimately I don't think it works, but with CTE, the game in it's current version will not be around in another 25 years anyway. My fear is it becomes 7 on 7 underwear flag football Olympics.

Now back to the big story. The status of Taylor Rapp??

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    No ... what CTE require is for the game to be made safer through a combination of equipment and technique
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Maybe technique, but when you have 250 lb linebackers running a 4.5 colliding with a 220 lb running back running a 4.3 that collision is just plain violent and nasty.

If the helmets can be constructed to support the neck and absorb the contact so as to eliminate or reduce 98% of the concussions then I think there's still a chance.

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    PC America, the game has about 10 years left.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Tequilla said:

No ... what CTE require is for the game to be made safer through a combination of equipment and technique

That'll help about as much as seatbelts in a plane crash.
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

With 5 minutes still left in the THIRD QTR Penn State over SC in the Rose Bowl 42-35

And that tells you everything you need to know about what is wrong with cfb today. In the attempt to gain more eyeballs, the game has become the fall outdoor version of Arena Football.

Ultimately I don't think it works, but with CTE, the game in it's current version will not be around in another 25 years anyway. My fear is it becomes 7 on 7 underwear flag football Olympics.

Now back to the big story. The status of Taylor Rapp??

Underwear flag Olympics? Yummy.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

That'll help about as much as seatbelts in a plane crash.
    @OZONE true?!?!?!?!!??!

Sorry, forgot he ded. Answered the question though.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,367 Founders Club
    edited August 2017

Yeah there were never shootouts until now. Every game was won with defense, grit and determination. I yearn for the days of the 3-3 tie.

This Beamer pic ALWAYS gets an upvote from @RaceBannon. Always makes me LOL a little extra
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    My perception is that CTE cases (at least the ones that have been made public) tend to be former players who played positions in which numerous low impact hits occurred every game over a long period of time, Lineman and linebackers, mostly. Key words = low impact

The personal fouls and ejections to prevent head hunting defensive backs looks good cosmetically but doesn't really do much. WR's and DB's are low risk.

The problem isn't even being fixed right now.