Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Was Vita a Sark recruit?

uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

My buddy (former player that doesn't post) is predicting a drop off on our D after all of the Sark recruits are gone.

He cites Vita as a prime example of the kind of D guys we aren't getting anymore, because some of the best players aren't OKGs...

I'm not even sure. Was Vita a Sark recruit? Who else?

All of the consternation about our DL recruiting has me wondering about this guy's prediction that some of the best players aren't OKGs with great grades from stable families.

Comments

• uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    Now that I found the answer, can I close the discussion to further answers?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    uzi said:

My buddy (former player that doesn't post) is predicting a drop off on our D after all of the Sark recruits are gone.

He cites Vita as a prime example of the kind of D guys we aren't getting anymore, because some of the best players aren't OKGs...

All of the consternation about our DL recruiting has me wondering about this guy's prediction that some of the best players aren't OKGs with great grades from stable families.

Stop being frens with Kim
    edited July 2017
    dnc said:

uzi said:

Stop being frens with Kim
    Isn't Kim. It is a buddy of mine that was on the team in the early 80s (walk on), and has been a season ticket holder ever since. He loves Pete, but is contending that the OKG dynamic is going to lose us some great talent, and that Pete should ease off of that a bit.

Anyway, I was just trying to figure who from the current D were Sark recruits, to see how this theory plays out.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited July 2017
    55 you numbnuts. Huge dropoff in '18. You counted interior ol-dl recruiting under Pete? Horrifying. Still thinks hes in mwc. 2 Dts in 2 years. Levi o could serve there he has to. Peter should call Dick Baird and ask how to recruit properly in Pac.

And im the only pete fa n here. Maybe CowHen can patch me thru to petes cell, ole Pup can have a word with him
    Devs? Seriously, is there a way for me to close my question after it has been answered?

Some of these responses are getting out of hand.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

55 you numbnuts. Huge dropoff in '18. You counted interior ol-dl recruiting under Pete? Horrifying. Still thinks hes in mwc. 2 Dts in 2 years. Levi o could serve there he has to. Peter should call Dick Baird and ask how to recruit properly in Pac.

And im the only pete fa n here. Maybe CowHen can patch me thru to petes cell, ole Pup can have a word with him

It's still better than Sark's OL and DL recruiting. The bar has been raised and it needs to, as well as should, be better, but it's not that bad. Harris will be good and hopefully Roberts and Wattenberg turn out to be players.

Interior OL isn't as worrisome as the tackles. I agree we need some big boys that can play interior DL.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,942 Founders Club

Levi is up 16lbs this year and listed at 290.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,782 Founders Club

Levi is up 16lbs this year and listed at 290.
    That's what Stan Empterman played at.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Maybe there's a better answer out there don't be so close-minded
    edited July 2017
    haie said:

Your friend is retarded.

I don't think he is retarded, but he does have big ego. He was one of the top athletes coming out of Lakes in 1980, but had to accept a walk-on spot at UW under James if he wanted to play at UW (his schollie offers were to smaller programs).

Maybe guys with big egos, aren't as impressed with Petersen's OKG thing, because it doesn't reward having a big ego -- as this very timely ESPN article indicates: http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/137863/why-chris-petersen-believes-washington-can-have-it-all

I'm fine with the OKG thing, as long as we keep getting recruits like Vita, who I thought was a Sark recruit when I posted the initial question -- but later learned was a Petersen signee.

Though, I would have preferred to keep guys like String and Peters on the team -- but I guess they weren't OKGs.
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    Any idiot can see Vea committed to Sark along with Sidney Jones and Budda Baker on July 6th.