Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who is the most important recruit left to you?

Assuming we keep the commits already on bored, there are two guys in the "reasonable shot to get them" category that are a tier above everybody else for me in importance. One of them plays a position that we have cleaned up at in recruiting the last few years, the other plays a position where we literally took no one last season. So yeah, that guy is the most important left for me.

1. Caleb Tremblay
2. Kyler Gordon

Everyone else.

Cal (still TOO high?)

Keep the commits, get Tremblay and Gordon and it's going to be very hard for me to be disappointed in this class. Whiff on either one and I'll be pretty disappointed. Miss on them both and it's suicide hotline time.

Tick tick tick tick tick tick...

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gordon's alive... ive... ive...
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PGOS
    Stump
    Center
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    I've been in love with Julius Irvin since before we even offered him. Dude is crazy athletic and can line up anywhere in the secondary. I love Gordon too, but Irvin could be really special. He's basically what Tre'Shaun could be on defense, but with the footwork to play corner. After that, Kaho is the only elite prospect we have a legit shot at it seems.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I've been in love with Julius Irvin since before we even offered him. Dude is crazy athletic and can line up anywhere in the secondary. I love Gordon too, but Irvin could be really special. He's basically what Tre'Shaun could be on defense, but with the footwork to play corner. After that, Kaho is the only elite prospect we have a legit shot at it seems.

Kaho would be #3 for me, Taimani 4, Irvin 5.

I just think we need Tremblay positionally speaking more than anybody, and given Tre'Shaun's defection we don't need to lose Gordon as well. Those two make me feel good about their positions regardless of who else we get.

But I'd love Kaho and Irvin for sure.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I completely agree, Dr. J is my favorite guy we have a legitimate chance at. Dude would be a monster safety for us
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Turning TreShaun around seems like a pretty high priority.
  • Options
    @Passion has it right. The most important position is DL and we are getting fucked. If I could bring to mind ONE FUCKING d-liner that I think we have a shot with and is also good, I would put him here.

But I honestly can't even think of one.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tremblay.

Will Craig would be nice tho
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2017

@Passion has it right.

Can we thumbtack this thread at the top of the bored?

Great D-lines are the foundation of dominating championship defenses, and at the very least they keep teams in games.

Right now we have Vea, Gaines and Jaylen Johnson. I have little faith in Ricky McCoy or anyone else on the roster. WE ARE PAPER THIN!

It's depressing that we're in late July and already our odds for getting a standout interior DT are so slim. That backstabbing poly kid from oregon last year really screwed us.

The Formula: Push up the Middle and Heat from the Edge.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Passion said:

@Passion has it right.

Can we thumbtack this thread at the top of the bored?

Great D-lines are the foundation of dominating championship defenses, and at the very least they keep teams in games.

Right now we have Vea, Gaines and Jaylen Johnson. I have little faith in Ricky McCoy or anyone else on the roster. WE ARE PAPER THIN!

It's depressing that we're in late July and already our odds for getting a standout interior DT are so slim. That backstabbing poly kid from oregon last year really screwed us.

The Formula: Push up the Middle and Heat from the Edge.