Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark says defense wore out midway thru first half

Due to the heat. Says part of the reason for skipping practice today was so Ivan caught get them stronger wnd whip them into shape for this weekend.

Comments

• loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    So we are out of shape once again after another rape in the heat and altitude of the desert.

5 years of being out if shape. You'd figure with our defense going up against this "vaunted" high tempo offense in practice that they'd be in reasonable physical shape against the Devils.

But what do you expect when you get about 8 straight 3 and outs because you're too stupid to pull out the injured and battered starter and give some decent time to the presumed heir apparent for next years QB position. Eventually those guys on defense wear out.
  • Sark is making a much better argument for why he needs to be fired than we ever could.

Holy shit! I thought in August he said this was the best shape we've ever been? lol.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    It's starting to sound like Sark is listening to the talking heads on TV to come up with excuses.

Yah, it's hot in Tempe in mid-October, but where were the cooling fans and benches like we had for the Whammy in Miami? I was at the Whammy and nothing in Tempe could have been near that bad for the athletes on the field. I'm really not surprised that our kids are out of shape. How can any coach condition a defense to play so much of the game when the offense can't stay on the field long enough to give their defensive teammates a blow?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    Shouldn't the conditioning have been taking place in the offseason?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    I miss Warrshington.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Ever see one of DJ's teams lose the "conditioning war?"

Real Coach > Frat Boy Visor Fag
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The defense was on the field way too often in the first half. Add that with our shitty DL depth, and it's a bad formula. It's one of the many reasons why Sark needs to get fired.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    edited October 2013
    Midway through the first half? They have a name for that. It's called the first fucking quarter. Our defense was wheezing in the first quarter is what he's telling us.

Seriously, Ivan? Fucking fraud. I hear Trent Greener is tanned, rested, and ready. Couldn't get much worse.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,132 Founders Club
    Players were wore out or did they just fucking quit on their fraud of a coach?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    The sad fact is that the temp on Saturday was below the historical average as was the humidity.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    What would Mora do to an O-LINE that quit in game?

Certainly not beat around the bush like Dude Brahh.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Players were wore out or did AND they just fucking quit on their fraud of a coach?

The players also lead lives of abundance.

• TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I witnessed the dumpster fire from Sun Devil Stadium firsthand. A few thoughts: (1) It wasn't *that* hot. I never saw a measured temp that afternoon, but the two forecasts I saw called for highs of 87 and 88. (2) For reasons I will never understand, ASU gives the visitor the west sideline, which was entirely shaded by the early second quarter. The home sideline, by contrast, was in direct sun the entire first half. (3) ASU had "cool zones" going on their sideline; UW mysteriously did not. Just didn't bring them, I guess.

The defense kept UW in that game longer than Seven would ever have the right to expect. They eventually wore out due to the simple fact that Seven's fucktarded offense couldn't get a first down. Seriously, you have the nation's leading rusher in your backfield and an OL far worse at pass blocking than run blocking -- yet you don't even try running the damn ball?

The problem wasn't temperature. The problems were poor preparation and poor offensive playcalling.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    No "cool zones"? Does anybody in the Seattle media have either the intelligence, interest, or balls to ask Sark why? With the stadium renovation, is Woody cutting corners already? Geeezzz.....
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Paging Dr Feelgood