Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Don loves small government

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    dhfacist loves shitposting
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    His announcement brought bipartisan criticism.

Opponents of civil asset forfeiture, which permits law enforcement officials to take money and goods from individuals suspected of crime, provide evidence to suggest that the process accounts for more theft than burglaries.

I don't defend it. Fortunately it is Sessions, not "Don" so it can be stopped rather easily. The GOP congressman from Cali is against it. Libertarians are against it.

"Don" is a populist, not an idealouge. Write your congressman
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dhdawg said:

https://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2017/07/19/sessions-reverses-obamas-scale-down-of-civil-asset-forfeiture-n2357031

Ramping up civil asset forfeiture.
    I'm sure all his mminions can't wait to defend him on this one

Don has never been a fan of small government
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Opponents of civil asset forfeiture, which permits law enforcement officials to take money and goods from individuals suspected of crime, provide evidence to suggest that the process accounts for more theft than burglaries.

I don't defend it. Fortunately it is Sessions, not "Don" so it can be stopped rather easily. The GOP congressman from Cali is against it. Libertarians are against it.

doogie seems to be in support.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

dflea said:

I think it's the most anti American law ever passed

It's designed to stop alleged criminals for paying for a good defense while lining the pockets of corrupt law enforcement

It's a temptation for corruption
    Bannons hot take.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,664 Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

dflea said:

It's designed to stop alleged criminals for paying for a good defense while lining the pockets of corrupt law enforcement

It's a complete load of shit. Sessions is the biggest cunt in Trump's administration.
    Sessions is a cunt. But I think his job is to be a cunt. He's going to be the bad cop for all the crazy shit Trump is throwing out there.

In the meantime, Trump is ditching the US Attorneys and appointing judges.

Sessions will bow out when his cuntiness is no longer needed.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,068 Founders Club
    dflea said:

dflea said:

It's a complete load of shit. Sessions is the biggest cunt in Trump's administration.
    Sessions is the worst human being in all of government.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,216 Standard Supporter
    I know people who are in LE who follow a cartel money pick up person for a while as they buy groceries with food stamps, spend their WIC coupons all while driving a new Navigator and living in their section 8 paid house and then when they get nabbed at the Mexico border with a million or two or three in the car they say "what money"? Deny all knowledge and sign it over.

Money is dirty as hell and everyone knows it. Usually no arrest until the larger case they're working wraps so as not to reveal sources etc. So don't take everything on face value.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Sledog said:

I know people who are in LE who follow a cartel money pick up person for a while as they buy groceries with food stamps, spend their WIC coupons all while driving a new Navigator and living in their section 8 paid house and then when they get nabbed at the Mexico border with a million or two or three in the car they say "what money"? Deny all knowledge and sign it over.

Money is dirty as hell and everyone knows it. Usually no arrest until the larger case they're working wraps so as not to reveal sources etc. So don't take everything on face value.

In this thread: @Sledog shits all over the Fourth Amendment

Rumor mill has Sessions in the cross hairs. Trump supposedly doesn't like how he recused himself

Whatever it takes to get him out is fine with me

I wanted Trey Gowdy anyway.
  • tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    Sledog said:

I know people who are in LE...

Do they let you sniff their holsters ?
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Sledog said:

Rumor mill has Sessions in the cross hairs. Trump supposedly doesn't like how he recused himself

Whatever it takes to get him out is fine with me

I wanted Trey Gowdy anyway.
    gowdy is basically a house version of sessions. AKA same backwards beliefs but even more of a party hack

Sledog said:

No he doesn't. If they deny knowledge and sign it over where is this 4th amendment violation of which you speak? Just an FYI all cars are subject to search at the border. Coming or going. Remember that the next time your running south for some vitamin S or some more exciting medications.
    tenndawg said:

Sledog said:

I know people who are in LE...

Do they let you sniff their holsters ?
    99% can't shoot for shit.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

No he doesn't. If they deny knowledge and sign it over where is this 4th amendment violation of which you speak? Just an FYI all cars are subject to search at the border. Coming or going. Remember that the next time your running south for some vitamin S or some more exciting medications.
    Know the difference between border enforcement & domestic law enforcement.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Know the difference between border enforcement & domestic law enforcement.
    I know the difference. Remember agencies work together. Even Fed's and local LE. They're called task forces. The border makes searching much easier that's all.