Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Geirean Hatchett, 5* 2020 OL, Ferndale, WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Domicillo said:

Seriously though. He wants to take his visits this spring. There’s no reason to make the UW spring visit an official for locality reasons, and he’s already visited his other top schools unofficially. Expect him to take those officials for spring ball games in April/May and then he’ll do an unofficial UW one at some point towards the end of spring ball. UW staff will then push the value of committing before the school year and senior football season, he’ll wrap up his baseball season and then commit, little brothers in full husky gear. And he’ll still have an official visit to use in a December since UW likes to have a mix of commits with high priority recruits down the stretch.

So you think he takes all 4 other visits?

1. Oklahoma
    2. Oregon
    3. Notre Dame
    4. Ohio State?

Or maybe just get those top three in since those are the 3 with UDUB he said are going the hardest and he’s still got baseball.
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

hes coming to cincinnati you idiots

Skyline Chili is literally the worst food in America. Kill yourself.
    You’re a salmon eating, liberal piece of garbage who is completely delusional when it comes to CFB. I can’t believe you all think that Seattle is a better city then Cincinnati
    I’d rather move to a condemned factory on the verge of collapse in Detroit and drink nothing but Flint water for the rest of my life than live in the nicest house in Cincy.

Reds, Bengals and Bearcats all fucking suck, and you’ve got to live across the river from the homeland of the human turtle Comrade McConnell.
    You sound like you are from Renton or Federal Way or some other trashy shithole. I’ll be at the Taft Museum of Art in Cincinnati if you feel like coming around and saying this shit to my face.
    I’ll wave from 38k feet instead.

I will say one nice thing about Cincy, the Pops Orchestra is actually pretty good.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

A kid from Feendale isn’t fast strategy to the point of visiting a campus once or twice and then committing to spend 3-5 years living in that location on a regular basis very often

The fact that he’s appearing ready to wind it down and is waffling on how many more visits he plans on taking tells me that this one is virtually over

This is another around the end of Spring commit with the official coming together in the December time frame situation

Put the crystal ball in

to the Farm, right?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

A kid from Feendale isn’t fast strategy to the point of visiting a campus once or twice and then committing to spend 3-5 years living in that location on a regular basis very often

The fact that he’s appearing ready to wind it down and is waffling on how many more visits he plans on taking tells me that this one is virtually over

This is another around the end of Spring commit with the official coming together in the December time frame situation

Put the crystal ball in

You never been to Ferndale? That can get reeeeeeeeally fast strategy.
    Can confirm
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Put the crystal ball in

You never been to Ferndale? That can get reeeeeeeeally fast strategy.
    Can confirm
    Do they have a 7-11 there?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I'm hearing Jake Locker just dropped by Ferndale high school with a large gym bag
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Crystal dong to UW. Book it
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ChrisB CrysB - UW

Are any of you nerds keeping track of these?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Dong to UW!!!

@DongJames!!! True???
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Hatchett wants to make his decision before he begins his senior season at Ferndale, and is considering the possibility of graduating in December and enrolling in college early.

“We’ve talked a lot about cutting it down to a top five or top three, depending how I’m feeling over the next little bit or so,” Hatchett said. “Hopefully we can slow lots of it down, so I really know that those are the schools I want to pursue the most.

“I’m not sure if we’ll release it publicly, but I’ll for sure just know these are the three to five schools I’m keeping in contact with the most and want to focus on.”

Washington is a good bet to make that list, whether it’s three or five or public or private. Part of Huff’s urging, Hatchett said, is “about how it would be really cool for my little brothers to come see me play every week, and my family and my friends.” Bill and Jana met as students at Western Washington, and decided they’d prefer to stay in the greater Whatcom County area, if possible. Bill landed a job with the Ferndale Police Department, where he’s worked nearly 20 years and is an operations lieutenant. Jana, a human-resources professional, worked for two years in the Seattle area after graduating from college, but was able to move back north and work from home. They moved from Bellingham to Ferndale in 2012, seeking more of a small-town feel. The family is tight-knit, and the boys are active, always running off to a practice or game for one sport or another.

“That’s definitely a big appeal with me with the University of Washington,” Hatchett said. “Just being an hour and a half down the road, so anyone from here can go down on Saturday and watch me play.”

Huffman, as plugged into the Pacific Northwest recruiting scene as anybody, forecast Hatchett to UW back in December 2017, and still believes the Huskies are the favorite to land him.

“I think he’s really developed a good relationship with Scott Huff,” Huffman said. “I think this in-state class in 2020 and 2021 has a lot of potential to really be good for the Huskies. I have a hard time seeing him leaving Washington when it’s all said and done.”
    The Oklahoma thing was always overblown. Both of his parents went to college in western Washington, he's lived in western Washington his entire life, yeah he has some family in Oklahoma but he's a northwest kid. He isn't an Arizona Kelee Ringo.