Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bryce Young, 2020 4* QB, Los Angeles, CA (OFFERED 7/14)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Oh well. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Say good bye to not only him but Myles Murao as well. He's going to SC now to play with his boy. SC stacking talent as usual even with a thumb thumb for a head coach.

I wouldn't throw in the towel for murao yet, though it doesn't help by any means.

Not holding my breath. Murao feels like Dedich 2.0.
    Not saying we’re favored or anything, but we’ve upgraded from strausser to huff since then and I don’t think Dedich was ever as outwardly pro-UW like Murao has been.
    I know Strausser was so bad than literally anyone is an upgrade, but Huff hasn't really done anything yet. Let's see him win a real recruiting battle before we crown him.

I like Huff, and I like all the recruits he's gotten so far, but I don't get why everyone thinks he's elite already. Let's wait until he beats blue-blood programs for an elite out of state recruit.
    Huff is good when the OL dominates the PAC 12 and can hang with the SEC schools. Until then, he's average no matter who he signs.

I'm happy when we beat our good schools for a recruit. I'll be estatic if we beat Auburn. I know you TBS heads want both (duh), but you guys have it so backwards sometimes. I truly feel some of you like the thrill of the chase in recruiting more than the real games.
    You can't win the derby on the back of a donky, @chodedawg.

This is the recruiting bored, dude. As such, the conversation about RideTheLightening was regarding his capacity as a recruiter. His abilities as a corch are a different conversation, probably for a different bored.

I'm with you that results on da field is the name of the fucking game. But whynotboth.gif? The talent we recruit has a direct bearing on whether or not we'll be able to hang with teams like Auburn on crisp fall saturdays.

One of the toughest match-ups against in Atlanta will be their DL verses the interior of our? OL. I think we're gonna get pushed around. That's due to the fact that Auburn's DL is really fucking good, but it's also directly related to the fact that Struasser was busy signing stiffs like Matt James, John Turner, Jesse Sossebee, and Devin Burleson etc.

There's no reasoning with a dude like @bananasnblondes. That guy has such a hard-on for Strausser that he's convinced he would've turned Stump Van Nostrum into an All-American. But I think most people here know that you can't just be good at one or the other. You gotta think AND care. And you gotta coach AND recruit. We're developing a decent sample size on Huff as a recruiter, but we probably still need another year or two to know how good of a coach he is.
    I've literally never posted anything remotely close to that, but ok
    Oh christ. Come on, dude. You were the biggest Strausser apologist in this entire fucking place. And you bristle every time any coach's recruiting abilities are called into question. You do it every. fucking. tim. Just own it.
    Uh...what?
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    bnb is a great poster but he definitely lead the charge in passive aggressive jabs at the TSIO crew, especially around the OL/huff. him and roaddawg.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BaldwinIV said:

bnb is a great poster but he definitely lead the charge in passive aggressive jabs at the TSIO crew, especially around the OL/huff. him and roaddawg.

This.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Hey guys, we're all DAWG fans! We don't eat our own!

Woof!
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited July 2018

Hey guys, we're all DAWG fans! We don't eat our own!

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Squirt said:

I know Strausser was so bad than literally anyone is an upgrade, but Huff hasn't really done anything yet. Let's see him win a real recruiting battle before we crown him.

I like Huff, and I like all the recruits he's gotten so far, but I don't get why everyone thinks he's elite already. Let's wait until he beats blue-blood programs for an elite out of state recruit.

I'm not very good at comprehending @NorwegianHusky's perfect English (or @Tequilla's exquisite expositions), but let's never forget that @NorwegianHusky wants Huff to be fired.
    Yep, this is 100% what I said. Huff should definitely be fired already.
    Why do you hate Huff?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Squirt said:

I'm not very good at comprehending @NorwegianHusky's perfect English (or @Tequilla's exquisite expositions), but let's never forget that @NorwegianHusky wants Huff to be fired.
    Yep, this is 100% what I said. Huff should definitely be fired already.
    Why do you hate Huff?
    I don't. It's just a meme now.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    dnc said:

Oh well. It was a nice dream while it lasted. Say good bye to not only him but Myles Murao as well. He's going to SC now to play with his boy. SC stacking talent as usual even with a thumb thumb for a head coach.

I wouldn't throw in the towel for murao yet, though it doesn't help by any means.

Not holding my breath. Murao feels like Dedich 2.0.
    Not saying we’re favored or anything, but we’ve upgraded from strausser to huff since then and I don’t think Dedich was ever as outwardly pro-UW like Murao has been.

Huff is good when the OL dominates the PAC 12 and can hang with the SEC schools. Until then, he's average no matter who he signs.

I'm happy when we beat our good schools for a recruit. I'll be estatic if we beat Auburn. I know you TBS head want both (duh), but you guys have it so backwards sometimes. I truly feel some of you like the thrill of the chase in recruiting more than the real games.

Clearly Roaddawg never played the NCAA video game. Recruiting > Actual games
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Squirt said:

chuck said:

Malloe was shit until he stopped being shit last class. Huff hit the ground running and OL recruiting immediately improved. This is his second class and is looking really fucking good. Elite? Not yet.

Hold your horses. Let's see how he does after Kalepo isn't carrying all the water for him.
    Huff might be damaged goods
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

So Biggins on his pod with Keith Miller talked about Sam Huards commitment in their recruiting section. During that point he went out of the way to say that UW has been really recruiting Bryce Young hard despite his USC commitment and that there seems to be some mutual interest. Just think this is noteworthy and probably reflective of any delay in us moving on to other 2020 QB offers. To have Sam in the boat and to still be pushing on Bryce Young, sounds like Bush is gonna keep swinging big. This is one of many shitty Rose Bowl opportunities.

Well, now that everyone is gone at SC, there could be something to this. I give it a slim chance, because if you are willing to commit to USC with Clay Helton as coach you are willing to do whatever... ...but I am sure a trip to the Rose Bowl and some time in SoCal would help us.
    Ya I agree it’s a slim chance and likely Biggins hyping it up for a future piece, but tells me more about the mindset of Bush and how our 2020 QB recruiting might play out. With Sam already in, it makes it easier to not have to stress about getting the QB immediately and instead be able to be more picky/aggressive on a specific target.