Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jalen Hurts - WARNING - stat bullshit

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
CHICK-FIL-A PEACH BOWL - CFP SEMIFINAL
12/31 Washington W 24-7 COMP - 7 FOR14 57 YARDS 50.0% 19 RUSHES FOR 50 YARDS

CFP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME PRESENTED BY AT&T
1/9 Clemson L 35-31 13 FOR 31 131YARDS 41.9% 10 RUSHES FOR 63 YARDS

In my mind I assumed he played a lot better than he did against Clemson since they scored 31 legit points as opposed to 17 - thanks brownsocks!

The only conclusion is that OUR rushing defense was better even though that was the only way Bama could score.

For you Kiffin haters, well you hate Sark too, but look at the passing attempts if you want to see why Clemson was able to hang in until they could win it at the end.

14 against our DAWGS - 31 under Sark against Clemson. Holee fuck that is bad.

Tequila asked if it would have made a difference if Sark had been OC against us. I'm now thinking it might have. Saban threatened Kiffin with death on the sideline if he kept throwing it. Sark was up in the box blowing the game and eating boogers.

On the other hand 7 points seemed to be our max output. Clemson had a real QB and offense

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Many of us in the game thread were horrified by Sark's play calling in that game.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

Say what you will about Joey Freshwater, at least he knew what he had in Hurts; an athletic QB who can't read a defense either before or after the snap. Which is why they ran the ball, and only let Hurts make simple half-field reads when they threw it. I wonder if that's all Hurts is ever going to be. Alabama have been slowly shifting away from a lot of the pro-style stuff.

Even in his last season, Deshaun Watson was still predominantly asked to make half-field reads. Which is why he's gonna be a huge bust in the NFL. I hope that's not a trend for college offenses. Some of these spread offenses are boring enough as they are.

Either way I'm glad we're running a legit offense. And say what you will about Browning; he usually goes through his progressions properly before he freaks out and does something stupid.

The exception being when there are unblocked pass rushers headed straight for him, and he proceeds to shit his pants
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    I wouldn't be surprised if Tua Tagovailoa is starting by midseason. Better passer and almost as mobile as Hurts
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter
    Saban needs to own that shit. He could have just as well called his own plays in the NCG and done a better job than Sarktard.

Saban could have just run the fucking ball every down and dropped 31. Only question would be whether to go right, left or up the middle.

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901

Swaye said:

And say what you will about Browning; he usually goes through his progressions properly before he freaks out and does something stupid.

Sounds just like me at the bar on Friday night.
    I'm currently at a bar on Pacific Beach.

Gonna attempt to do just that.
    So easy to do in PB
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Smoke weed, talk shit, run the ball.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Say what you will about Joey Freshwater, at least he knew what he had in Hurts; an athletic QB who can't read a defense either before or after the snap. Which is why they ran the ball, and only let Hurts make simple half-field reads when they threw it. I wonder if that's all Hurts is ever going to be. Alabama have been slowly shifting away from a lot of the pro-style stuff.

Even in his last season, Deshaun Watson was still predominantly asked to make half-field reads. Which is why he's gonna be a huge bust in the NFL. I hope that's not a trend for college offenses. Some of these spread offenses are boring enough as they are.

Either way I'm glad we're running a legit offense. And say what you will about Browning; he usually goes through his progressions properly before he freaks out and does something stupid.

Hurts sucks. Watson doesn't suck. Who gives a fuck about progressions. Make plays, and win. It worked 50 years ago. It works now.

Run the Wing-T if it brings a Natty.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

And say what you will about Browning; he usually goes through his progressions properly before he freaks out and does something stupid.

Sounds just like me at the bar on Friday night.
    I'm currently at a bar on Pacific Beach.

Gonna attempt to do just that.
    Which Bar? Lahaina? I'm hoping it's not Pennant or Beachcomber or your* gonna end up with an old broad.

Swing by MB Tattoo afterwards. always a few young chicks with daddy issues down there checking out the artwork.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I'm glad I made you THINK and CARE @RaceBannon
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

In my mind I assumed he played a lot better than he did against Clemson since they scored 31 legit points as opposed to 17 - thanks brownsocks!

The only conclusion is that OUR rushing defense was better even though that was the only way Bama could score.

For you Kiffin haters, well you hate Sark too, but look at the passing attempts if you want to see why Clemson was able to hang in until they could win it at the end.

Tequila asked if it would have made a difference if Sark had been OC against us. I'm now thinking it might have. Saban threatened Kiffin with death on the sideline if he kept throwing it. Sark was up in the box blowing the game and eating boogers.

On the other hand 7 points seemed to be our max output. Clemson had a real QB and offense

Sark called a great game, especially that masterful drive to win game at end. His offense beat Clemson. Saban's defense couldnt hold serve.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

Sark called a great game, especially that masterful drive to win game at end. His offense beat Clemson. Saban's defense couldnt hold serve.
    Good to know you and Sark are still on great terms
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Puppy smart at everything