Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
In following the arguments here it seems to me that we should only want guys that REALLY want to be DAWGS. I'll take a lower rated guy that wants to be here over chasing high ranked guys that we may not get and who may not fit in when they get here.

I TRUST Coach Pete more than a bunch of crippled fags hiding behind a computer screen. Empterman was not even ranked with ANY stars.

We have a long way to go until February. Maybe push back your chair and take a walk with your wife and get some PERSPECTIVE for goodness sakes.

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

In following the arguments here it seems to me that we should only want guys that REALLY want to be DAWGS. I'll take a lower rated guy that wants to be here over chasing high ranked guys that we may not get and who may not fit in when they get here.

I TRUST Coach Pete more than a bunch of crippled fags hiding behind a computer screen. Empterman was not even ranked with ANY stars.

We have a long way to go until February. Maybe push back your chair and take a walk with your wife and get some PERSPECTIVE for goodness sakes.

a few thoughts:

- I agree. Let the coaching staff develop these players that fit with their culture and system. If we can't get the best on the board we just move forward, get better, eventually they will seriously consider the program or come to Washington. ie: Boise St v2.0, high end.
    - if we can't get those players due to poor recruiting it will take awhile to remove and replace ie: Strausser and Malloe, for example. That will take more time though and it's a trial by error to a degree. We will also lose our share of good staff as success happens down the line ..
    - Emptermann was a low star ... but let's be honest, he was one of those guys who had huge potential (like many kids) but actually had the work ethic, attitude and the vitamins had a potential fulfilling effect. Lots of kids work kind hard, have an okay attitude and the vitamins have decent effect ... but I think we got a little lucky that he landed on our doorstep.

also, look at any top end athletes on vitamins. If they reach their potential the real key then is how long can they last before blowing their tire/engine and becoming gimped. Emptermann made it through college without getting seriously injured and we reaped the benefit ... gets drafted #1 overall ... has a really good rookie season that gets cut way short due to injury. Injuries pile up and he's basically washed out of league after a few years then a stop at Miami and then out. Like a Ferrari that gets blown up. No matter what you do to fix the car it's just not the same.

- at this point, i'm just gonna chill and sit back and jack off ... because we have adults in charge now and directing traffic. It's going to be great for the next 5 years ... worrying about getting every 5* croot is just getting greedy.
    - i'm waiting for the point where we hopefully become like Alabama where 5* croots sit, wait, take their vitamins, develop and then emerge in their redshirt sophomore or junior year to wreak havoc, then either leave to get drafted high as a redshirt junior or senior. Like D'Shawn Hand. Dude hasn't even seen regular d-line duty for Alabama yet and he was the #1 croot for the tide. Rinse and repeat.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,481
    Founders Club
    animate said:

a few thoughts:

- I agree. Let the coaching staff develop these players that fit with their culture and system. If we can't get the best on the board we just move forward, get better, eventually they will seriously consider the program or come to Washington. ie: Boise St v2.0, high end.
    - if we can't get those players due to poor recruiting it will take awhile to remove and replace ie: Strausser and Malloe, for example. That will take more time though and it's a trial by error to a degree. We will also lose our share of good staff as success happens down the line ..
    - Emptermann was a low star ... but let's be honest, he was one of those guys who had huge potential (like many kids) but actually had the work ethic, attitude and the vitamins had a potential fulfilling effect. Lots of kids work kind hard, have an okay attitude and the vitamins have decent effect ... but I think we got a little lucky that he landed on our doorstep.

also, look at any top end athletes on vitamins. If they reach their potential the real key then is how long can they last before blowing their tire/engine and becoming gimped. Emptermann made it through college without getting seriously injured and we reaped the benefit ... gets drafted #1 overall ... has a really good rookie season that gets cut way short due to injury. Injuries pile up and he's basically washed out of league after a few years then a stop at Miami and then out. Like a Ferrari that gets blown up. No matter what you do to fix the car it's just not the same.

- at this point, i'm just gonna chill and sit back and jack off ... because we have adults in charge now and directing traffic. It's going to be great for the next 5 years ... worrying about getting every 5* croot is just getting greedy.
    - i'm waiting for the point where we hopefully become like Alabama where 5* croots sit, wait, take their vitamins, develop and then emerge in their redshirt sophomore or junior year to wreak havoc, then either leave to get drafted high as a redshirt junior or senior. Like D'Shawn Hand. Dude hasn't even seen regular d-line duty for Alabama yet and he was the #1 croot for the tide. Rinse and repeat.
    I love me a good euphemism
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Agree.......!

I heard Pete say on the radio that he won't take a 5 star kid just because heis a 5 star athlete if he doesn't fit their culture. The culture and team atmosphere is Pete's secret recipe for overcoming not getting the very best athletes.

I do however agree with the crippled faggott that that doesn't mean we?! shouldnt strive for the best athletes possible. As long as they fit the mold that Pete wants. Our?! problem there is that most of those players are soft entitled shit bags that have gotten by purely on talent and could give a fuck less about being an OKG.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    dnc said:

animate said:

a few thoughts:

Ho. Lee. Shit.
    I know, this is too much real football talk for this site.

Let me rephrase.

"God damn fuckers if some fucking 18 star kid doesn't want to come to Washington and fuck him and his mom ... I'd rather jack off to some 3-star kid who bleeds Washington purple ..."

Whew, I feel better now.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

We have a long way to go until February. Maybe push back your chair and take a walk with
    a hooker and get some PERSPECTIVE for goodness sakes.

Fixed.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,690
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think I need @GrandpaSankey to find the question in this post for me.

UW needs to land recruits that other teams with NC aspirations want. Said recruits also need to have good enough attitudes to live up to Petersen's expectations. I'm not sure what those are, but they seem to be mainly about work ethic. I think it's mostly good stuff. They can be pricks and hate everyone as long as they show up on time, work their asses off, and don't choke out the assistant coaches.

Or they need to be guys that the big programs missed but who have rare athleticism and good attitudes.

I don't trust coach Pete. I don't call him coach Pete either because that implies familiarity, and I doubt I'd get a nod from him on the street if I were completely decked out in Black/Gold gear with purple face paint and leading a Go Huskies! chant with the people on the opposite sidewalk.

Back to the trust factor thing though...I think he's pretty good at recruiting and real good at filling gaps, where he couldn't get the guys that SC and Alabama offered, with guys who have a better than average chance at being good given their lack of recognition. There's no trust though. Stan Empterman and his zero stars would be a worthless, space holding piece of shit if he signed with UW right now...until he stopped being one (or if my magic 8 ball told me his highlight film was really good).
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    edited July 2017
    chuck said:

UW needs to land recruits that other teams with NC aspirations want. Said recruits also need to have good enough attitudes to live up to Petersen's expectations. I'm not sure what those are, but they seem to be mainly about work ethic. I think it's mostly good stuff. They can be pricks and hate everyone as long as they show up on time, work their asses off, and don't choke out the assistant coaches.

Or they need to be guys that the big programs missed but who have rare athleticism and good attitudes.

I don't trust coach Pete. I don't call him coach Pete either because that implies familiarity, and I doubt I'd get a nod from him on the street if I were completely decked out in Black/Gold gear with purple face paint and leading a Go Huskies! chant with the people on the opposite sidewalk.

Back to the trust factor thing though...I think he's pretty good at recruiting and real good at filling gaps, where he couldn't get the guys that SC and Alabama offered, with guys who have a better than average chance at being good given their lack of recognition. There's no trust though. Stan Empterman and his zero stars would be a worthless, space holding piece of shit if he signed with UW right now...until he stopped being one (or if my magic 8 ball told me his highlight film was really good).
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2017

I thought we couldn't post Doogman premium content. Mods?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

I think you need @GrandpaSankey Chuck because a blind man could read the sarcasm in my post

Sorry buddy xoxoxo
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

chuck said:

I think you need @GrandpaSankey Chuck because a blind man could read the sarcasm in my post

Sorry buddy xoxoxo
    @animate, @Ice_Holmvik!!!! true???
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,690
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Sorry buddy xoxoxo
    Nah, I recognized it. I've never found cause to bring gramps into things before and I saw an avenue. The rest just spewed out. Guess I felt like making a long, irrelevant post. I read it again and thought it was kind of funny and a decent read. That's all I really aspire to.