Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coke, DDY an OL Q?

From your prolific stockings have you a) picked up on where UW is recruiting the following OL recruits (who I see as our most likely gets): Steven Jones, Victor Curne, MJ Ale? b) based on your own analysis do you see them ending up somewhere different for us than what they're being told (ala Trey Lowe)?

Priimarily interested in G or T but if you have a sense for which side that's great too. I feel like Ale's definitely a T but I've seen Jones and Curne both listed at either spot. My guess is we're recruiting Jones at G and Curne at T but not confident in that.

TYIA

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ale has mentioned that Huff sees him as an OG. If any become OTs likely the right side.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mele is a legit LT prospect. Ale has the length and power but not the feet which is why he's being recruited as a guard.

Curne could easily play right tackle, but he's better moving north-south and climbing to the second level than he is in a kick-slide. That combined with his strength and a mean streak means his ceiling as a guard is much higher than as a tackle.

Jones has size and strength and a pretty high floor. Like Ale though, I think he's probably a guard only. I also doubt he's coming here so I haven't watched him much.

Curne has the quickness to be a pulling guard, which I'm not sure Jones or Ale does. In this scheme, I think that would make Curne a left guard, and Ale and Jones right guards, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

That being said, they pull both guards, and sometimes the center or a tackle, so it's not a hugely important distinction anyway. Jones plays on the left side in high school while Ale plays on the right side and familiarity can also play a role.

Yup... this.

I think Curne is a super LG prospect for us but he could play RT. Ale is a guard, could be RT if his feet improve. Jones is very likely a guard too.

The reason I want to take a shot on Beresford is because I can see him at RT.
    If I had to guess, I'd say we could land Beresford, but he'd likely have to be a greyshirt depending on how our class finishes. Not sure if we can fit 4 Offensive Lineman without him doing that.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

My guess is this: they want Curne and Ale the most out of the realistic options.

Here's my view of things for the guys on our board:

1. Penis Swell: RT - we have no shot.
    2. Victor Curne: G - I think we'll get him, which is amazing. I think he 'could' play RT, but he's a G.
    3. Will Craig: G - Looks like a great RG for us, but we'll never get him.
    4. MJ Ale: G - like Coker said, he's a G. Big and strong.
    5. Steven Jones: G - he's basically a fat Ale.
    6. B-Mello: T - whatever.
    7. Beresford: T - he's a T and I like him.

And you see Mele as an LT correct? So basically you see us taking an LT and two G in this class, with the possibility of an RT if we add Beresford?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

Out of the guys they have offered so far if they take anybody not named Victor Curne, Penei Sewell, Chris Murray, Will Craig, or Joey Ramos I am going to fucking kill somebody.

MJ Ale is trash. He's big but he's stiff, unflexible, unathletic, with slow feet and I seriously doubt he can pull and pass pro at the college level. Fuck him.

Same goes for Steven Jones. He looked decent when he weighed 310 lbs but now he's a fat 360 lbs and worthless at both Tackle and Guard. He can fuck off. Don't want his lazy, unathletic, fat ass.

Mello plays too high and isn't as athletic as the guys that I want but I wouldn't be suicidal if they took him. I just wouldn't be excited about him.

Cade Baresford: FUCK NO! Preferred walk-on only. No more fucking project lineman like Devin Burleson.

I want Mele, Curne, and Murray. Just keep fucking winning and hold off the other guys until Curne and Murray are ready to commit and close on them. The interior O-line is the biggest need of this class. Do not fuck this up Huff.

Get an avatar and LEAVE!!!!
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

Out of the guys they have offered so far if they take anybody not named Victor Curne, Penei Sewell, Chris Murray, Will Craig, or Joey Ramos I am going to fucking kill somebody.

MJ Ale is trash. He's big but he's stiff, unflexible, unathletic, with slow feet and I seriously doubt he can pull and pass pro at the college level. Fuck him.

Same goes for Steven Jones. He looked decent when he weighed 310 lbs but now he's a fat 360 lbs and worthless at both Tackle and Guard. He can fuck off. Don't want his lazy, unathletic, fat ass.

Mello plays too high and isn't as athletic as the guys that I want but I wouldn't be suicidal if they took him. I just wouldn't be excited about him.

Cade Baresford: FUCK NO! Preferred walk-on only. No more fucking project lineman like Devin Burleson.

I want Mele, Curne, and Murray. Just keep fucking winning and hold off the other guys until Curne and Murray are ready to commit and close on them. The interior O-line is the biggest need of this class. Do not fuck this up Huff.

Get an avatar and LEAVE!!!!
    crisped

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Personally, I definitely see Curne as a better guard than a tackle. He could maybe play RT but I think he needs a lot more development to get to the point where he's technically good enough to pass block against speed rushers. I think it would be easier to throw him at guard and let him use his strength to maul people.

I think we'll know more about Ale after his Senior year, he's still so raw its hard to project.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    BallzDeep said:

YBE by default but NYBE
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2017
    BallzDeep said:

Ignoring the rest of your post, what makes you think Murray is ready to commit? I've heard nothing about him
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

Ignoring the rest of your post, what makes you think Murray is ready to commit? I've heard nothing about him
    He didn't say he's ready to commit
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I would think that Ale is coming in as a DT/OL. Sam ....... is probably going to commit very late in the process. UW needs size at DT with Vea and Gaines gone soon. I think Ale still has his offer even if Curne and another OL commit. Bynum and Cravens are too small right now to see time.