Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What is, because Greg Gaines broke 3 ribs & a shoulder?
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    there has only been one qb to forego the draft when guaranteed going #1 overall...our own Jack. I can't see anyone else being stupid enough to turn down the money again.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

there has only been one qb to forego the draft when guaranteed going #1 overall...our own Jack. I can't see anyone else being stupid enough to turn down the money again.

Jack was never guaranteed number one.

Leinart was a lot closer to that than Jack was.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This was last week's manufactured topic of the moment down here,

Barkley and Leinhart stayed and ended up losing money and sucking so Darnold should stay even though Palmer left and did better than any of them.

Some analytic tard said the more passes you throw in college the better your second contract is so he should stay

Its just epic homerism
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Leinart stayed another year because he needed to show NFL scouts that his noodle arm could hold up for a full season, which it hadn't previously. He had surgery for tendonitis on his throwing elbow right after the 2004 season, couldn't participate in any combine or tryout workouts, and even Carroll said that nobody would risk a 1st-round raft pick on him in that condition.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Meek said:

he was going higher than the 8th he ended up going...plus he made that amazing decision to not go when the rookies were getting unlimited guaranteed contracts. He ended up with a guarantee of somewhere around $10M from what i heard and if he had come out earlier he would have likely made $45+.
    All of this is true.

And he was never guaranteed to go number one.

Abundance.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Darnold is the kind of QB the LA Rams need. He gone.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Meek said:

dnc said:

Meek said:

he was going higher than the 8th he ended up going...plus he made that amazing decision to not go when the rookies were getting unlimited guaranteed contracts. He ended up with a guarantee of somewhere around $10M from what i heard and if he had come out earlier he would have likely made $45+.
    True Dawg,

Bled Black and Chrome gold.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,637
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Meek said:

dnc said:

Meek said:

True Dawg,

Bled Black and Chrome gold.
    Be fair. He couldn't see the colors with his helmet pulled down over his eyes.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2017
    Leinart was a fantastic bust. I think fucking Brock osweiler ended up making more money than him. Let that sink in.

Although leinart did enjoy banging Scottsdale girls at pool parties.
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I think Darnold gets injured this year - he'll have a second less to throw each play with his new OL. His #s should definitely go down. Mayfield and Darnold will inevitably battle for the top QB pick tho.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited July 2017
    priapism said:

I think Darnold gets injured this year - he'll have a second less to throw each play with his new OL. His #s should definitely go down. Mayfield and Darnold will inevitably battle for the top QB pick tho.

It's a coin toss between browning and darnold for the acl sweepstakes (although throwing arm rotator cuff is acceptable)

I would prefer darnold because weve seen what USC looks like with the other guy. And I think we can all agree that would be preferable to browning for both of our teams.

But id personally be ecstatic with abundance.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Browning already had his injury, so Darnold is due. Couple that with Ivan and a new OL, and you just may get your wish.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,607
    Swaye's Wigwam
    priapism said:

Darnold didn't need time. UW rushed him hard and he'd slip outside and kill us
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I here he's throwing picks in practice and is poised for a let-down year. I also here he's not down with the academis.

That's just what I'm heering. Don't twist.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

priapism said:

Darnold didn't need time. UW rushed him hard and he'd slip outside and kill us
    Yep. But, but he's throwing picks in practice ... Jesus.

The guy's a winner; I don't mind him at all. Like Mariotta, winners win, and losers hate winners. Let him do his thing and beat him if you can.

Browning is a chocolate skid mark on the face of college football. Washington should be embarrassed that little homo is pulling the trigger for the proud huskies. A pussy who tries to act tuff only when it's safe. Such fag, jake, such fag. At least Dorsey knew he was a pussy and didn't try so hard.

I'm for Browning in the ACL sweeps. Put me down for $5. It's all a pretend lawyer can afford.