Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I wonder where Chip will end up

2»

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited July 2017

If Chip is so good that we should live in fear of him then fire Petersen and hire him here.

We sucked so bad when he was at oregon that he looked awesome. But he also left for a reason. It is unlikely he finds a better college situation than he had there.

Its kind of an odd mix of Bellotti, Chip, and Helfrich that gave Oregon their glory years and almost natty times 2. People forget that Helfrich got the 2nd almost natty. And Bellotti got the first BCS win.

Chip couldn't beat Ohio State or Auburn - a problem we had with Alabama. When we have the players who "do what it takes" to beat Bama, or the coaches that pay for those players we'll be fine. If not, we'll be who we are. Frustrated basement dwellers posting here

Somehow, I don't think Pete fears Chip; and furthermore times change and defenses can be built to take the punch of the HUNH. Not saying Chip isn't a proven, elite coach, so don't twist.
    Blount should have punched Pete after he decked Hout. That would have been fucking funny. This is the Oregon you're going to see in the next couple of years. The bad motherfuckers that have no respect for tradition, USC or voted natties from a previous century, a team whose ambitions don't end at being the Trojan's personal bitch, the team that lays waste to the conference and kicks anyone's ass who stands in the way. The quooks are back bitches.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

If Chip is so good that we should live in fear of him then fire Petersen and hire him here.

We sucked so bad when he was at oregon that he looked awesome. But he also left for a reason. It is unlikely he finds a better college situation than he had there.

Its kind of an odd mix of Bellotti, Chip, and Helfrich that gave Oregon their glory years and almost natty times 2. People forget that Helfrich got the 2nd almost natty. And Bellotti got the first BCS win.

Chip couldn't beat Ohio State or Auburn - a problem we had with Alabama. When we have the players who "do what it takes" to beat Bama, or the coaches that pay for those players we'll be fine. If not, we'll be who we are. Frustrated basement dwellers posting here

Somehow, I don't think Pete fears Chip; and furthermore times change and defenses can be built to take the punch of the HUNH. Not saying Chip isn't a proven, elite coach, so don't twist.
    Blount should have punched Pete after he decked Hout. That would have been fucking funny. This is the Oregon you're going to see in the next couple of years. The bad motherfuckers that have no respect for tradition, USC or voted natties from a previous century, a team whose ambitions don't end at being the Trojan's personal bitch, the team that lays waste to the conference and kicks anyone's ass who stands in the way. The quooks are back bitches.
    Good form on the punch. Pussy move though.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

Too bad yer shitty d fence won't be able to cut the head off our? 500 push up doing cobra snake.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646

There are a good 1,000+ gifs I could respond to this poast with, no clue which one to go with.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    dnc said:

Arizona, officially ending Mosster's CFB bigamy.

And turning all other quooks into Mosster.

Kevin Sumlin is just keeping Chip's chair warm.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2017
    Figures. The #OverratedCoaches thread is where you find the #OverratedDuckFans.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

AZDuck handed OBK the keys to the Ferrari and now its a smoking, twisted heap.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946

I don't think he would be that good again. He inherited about as good of situation as a coach could. Carroll and Harbaugh were gone a year or two after he became coach at Oregon.
    Eh, I don't think so. He clearly had something going on there w/ Oregon that was entirely unlike, and better than, what his predecessors had. Belotti probably had some teams here and there that had better personnel, but his high water mark was 2001 and pretending he wanted at shot at Miami, which was comical.

Chip also beat Pete and some solid SC teams, and Harbaugh and Furd... in fact, he went down to the Farm and humiliated a tuff Harbaugh and Luck Furd team with LaMike and a nose picker at QB.

I only agree with your conclusion that he's not likely to be as good again because that's how the stats play out ... it would be the exception to have a Peterman-like encore.

But inherited about as good a situation? Nah. That's what you say about Dennis Erickson in 1988 and Uncle Fester in 2001. Those are choice situations to step into.

Chip CHANGED Oregon, and they haven't been the same since he left. He is a much, much better coach than his predecessors.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    dflea said:

Just in case anyone was thinking obk isn't a complete faggot, I present this poast.
    We're all faggots here.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

I don't think he would be that good again. He inherited about as good of situation as a coach could. Carroll and Harbaugh were gone a year or two after he became coach at Oregon.
    Eh, I don't think so. He clearly had something going on there w/ Oregon that was entirely unlike, and better than, what his predecessors had. Belotti probably had some teams here and there that had better personnel, but his high water mark was 2001 and pretending he wanted at shot at Miami, which was comical.

Chip also beat Pete and some solid SC teams, and Harbaugh and Furd... in fact, he went down to the Farm and humiliated a tuff Harbaugh and Luck Furd team with LaMike and a nose picker at QB.

I only agree with your conclusion that he's not likely to be as good again because that's how the stats play out ... it would be the exception to have a Peterman-like encore.

But inherited about as good a situation? Nah. That's what you say about Dennis Erickson in 1988 and Uncle Fester in 2001. Those are choice situations to step into.

Chip CHANGED Oregon, and they haven't been the same since he left. He is a much, much better coach than his predecessors.
    Two things I will always like 'bout Cam: (1) he saved the world from Chip's 2010 squad winning a natty (I was fully resigned to this happening) and (2) he likes to punk 12's.

edited July 2017

AZDuck is Chip Kelly is this comparison, riiight.... AZDuck is tame and plays it safe, I've got the it factor and don't give a fuck about chincredibles, upvotes, or harming my stats to stick it to recalcitrant doogs. I'm not afraid to take on the biggest names here and kick their fucking asses, like I did to J, one of the more worthy opponents.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

AZDuck is Chip Kelly is this comparison, riiight.... AZDuck is tame and plays it safe, I've got the it factor and don't give a fuck about chincredibles, upvotes, or harming my stats to stick it to recalcitrant doogs. I'm not afraid to take on the biggest names here and kick their fucking asses, like I did to J, one of the more worthy opponents.
    Well fuck, then. Later guys!
    Baseman said:

Well fuck, then. Later guys!
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527

Dug deep into youur lexicon for that one.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

Don't kid yourself. The ducks were never 'bad motherfuckers'.

The U - those guys were bad motherfuckers. Switzer's Sooners - bad motherfuckers. Emptermann and the fellas - bad motherfuckers.

But nobody is ever going to confuse the ducks with truly bad motherfuckers.

That reminded me of this photo and all of the farks that came out from it... but I can't find those farks today.

The best I remember had him in a tea cup in one of the children's rides