Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Shout out to Wazzu

Not that I needed another reason to hate those fucks but apparently my SSN was a part of the data breach. I'm assuming this happened to others here as well. Never applied to that trash school so shout out to the Seattle Public Schools for giving it to them. Incredible amount of incompetence. Probably the most newsworthy thing Wazzu will do for the next 20 years.

Comments

• Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I've seen a lot of people get that notice. Unreal incompetence.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,095
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Since March I have had fraudulent purchases made with both of my bank accounts.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,868
    edited June 2017
    How the FUCK in this day and age, what with cloud services and server farms and co-location and redundancy....HOW THE FUCK are you running weekly backups to hard drives and putting them in an offsite RENTED storage facility?!?

Is Bull Moose in charge of IT security at WSU, too?!?

That is some late 80's/early 90's shit.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Yup I got one those cooged it letters too.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I got the letter too. Is it even worth it to do the free year of credit shield bullshit, or is it just a scam where they hope you won't remember to cancel it?
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183

I got the letter too. Is it even worth it to do the free year of credit shield bullshit, or is it just a scam where they hope you won't remember to cancel it?

Abundance
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Hey fuck off. We're working on it. Everyone makes mistakes asshole!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club
    just got this fucking letter. How is this not a class action suit? If it was a private company that had this information without consent and then fucked it up they'd be litigated to hell.
  • Options

just got this fucking letter. How is this not a class action suit? If it was a private company that had this information without consent and then fucked it up they'd be litigated to hell.

Just for pretend ...

I don't think anyone, as a matter of public policy, wants those cases to stick. You need to be pretty fucking negligent from the cases I've pretended to read. The standard is not strict liability; it's reasonable care.

Who wants to be second-guessed for getting hacked. The standard for anything almost never, if ever, involves having to avail oneself of the best, top, available technology.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I haven't received this (yet?... I never applied there but it sounds like that isn't a requirement) but I would be perhaps most concerned about who was freely passing my ssn around. Sure, they managed the information like the coogs they are. There is a reason I'd never give a coog any meaningful information. It is whoever enabled them to get all this information that is the biggest issue.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    Founders Club

Just for pretend ...

I don't think anyone, as a matter of public policy, wants those cases to stick. You need to be pretty fucking negligent from the cases I've pretended to read. The standard is not strict liability; it's reasonable care.

Who wants to be second-guessed for getting hacked. The standard for anything almost never, if ever, involves having to avail oneself of the best, top, available technology.
    It's not that it was hacked its that they ever had the information to begin with, I'd rather have been a prison janitor than apply to that school. I have had zero interaction with that school.
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

I haven't received this (yet?... I never applied there but it sounds like that isn't a requirement) but I would be perhaps most concerned about who was freely passing my ssn around. Sure, they managed the information like the coogs they are. There is a reason I'd never give a coog any meaningful information. It is whoever enabled them to get all this information that is the biggest issue.

You elitist prick. WSU makes great cheese.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    Standard Supporter
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again...thank God I went to Central.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,868

Mad_Son said:

Truth. Cougar Gold is from *real* God.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Mad_Son said:

Beechers?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    They sent it to my mom's house in Seattle and I haven't lived there since 2002. I thought it was a scam? The return address was in Ohio...
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,294
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yup I got one those cooged it letters too.

Did you file it with the denial letter as well?