Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Lenius...(warning, poast contains football talk)

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,465 Swaye's Wigwam
edited June 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Something tells me this guy is going to be really good this year. He has the frame to dominate the shitty Pac 12 CBs, Pettis' good speed and great route running will draw a lot of attention, and Chico will get faster and play poor man's John Ross. Teams wont be able to play in nickel because our veteran line and rbs are going to be fucking legit.

Plus, I trust Petersen wouldn't have kept him in the program if the guy couldnt ball. He had great catches as a freshman but was inconsistent.

Socha seems to be dealing the roids as our players look like an actual football team now. If Lenius has been busting his ass in the weight room like he shouldve been - somewhere around 6'5" 220 lbs - I would not be shocked for him to come back and get 600+ yards and 6 tds or so next year.

Under Sark this guy would be playing at Montana State right now. Under Pete I think he is going to be a key player next year.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,465 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Agreed.

One thing you didn't mention was his blocking. He should be a terror blocking smaller, shitty CBs. I hope you're right about everything else. An Andrew Hudson style resurgence wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yeah that is a good point. I just never feel like a player is going to be worthless under Petersen. Our 2nd string would likely finish in the top half of the conference.

That said, im not a huge fan of Fuller and Baccielia. They don't seem that fast, arent muscular at all, and are short. Maybe they improve, but I think Jones, Ahmed, and Bryant will be better the second they step on campus.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Gladstone said:

... im not a huge fan of Fuller and Baccielia. They don't seem that fast, arent muscular at all, and are short. Maybe they improve, but I think Jones, Ahmed, and Bryant will be better the second they step on campus.

I like the depth at WR, especially with some bigger guys coming into the program.

Fuller has skills, which was a surprise for me. Even against Bammer, he was productive.

Baccellia tests well. But I agree he hasn't shown much yet on the field.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,465 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Lenius has been a lazy turd so far. All the tools, none of the drive. I do like his Mom though.

If he was a lazy turd now though Pete would run him
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye said:

Lenius has been a lazy turd so far. All the tools, none of the drive. I do like his Mom though.

If he was a lazy turd now though Pete would run him
    So you're saying he'd be banned?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I wouldn't be surprised if Bynum and Cook both redshirt, though I could see one of them returning kicks. TMFJ will play from day one IMO.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    chuck said:

We* really don't need to redshirt the incoming WRs if they're ready to play, which makes Lenius less critical. Jones and Cook are both big receivers and Cook has speed. Bynum is more of a Pettis type which we're* less on need of so I expect him to RS unless he's just really good.

That said I'd still rather see Lenius break out. Its not critical bit would be better for the team than relying on new guys.

You can't teach fucking size like that. Would be a nice red zone option
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

As one of the big Lenius haters out here I actually think he might be a player this year, it's tough to admit. One of the practices I went to at Spring ball he was beasting our DB's on 50/50 balls.

I just can't get the images out of my head of him not being able to separate, running away from the first down marker, being afraid of contact, and being a terrible blocker.

If he actually makes a step it would be a big, big deal for UW.

Holy fuck.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

As one of the big Lenius haters out here I actually think he might be a player this year, it's tough to admit. One of the practices I went to at Spring ball he was beasting our DB's on 50/50 balls.

I just can't get the images out of my head of him not being able to separate, running away from the first down marker, being afraid of contact, and being a terrible blocker.

Holy fuck.
    Sorry I like football?
    SHAME!!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

All the WR's were bad back then. Pettis was pretty bad his sophomore year. Jayden Mickens was out leading receiver.

He's too big with great hands to not have an impact.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

All the WR's were bad back then. Pettis was pretty bad his sophomore year. Jayden Mickens was out leading receiver.

Just needed one more year to wash all of shit habits he learned from Jaydon "lemme juke right out of bounds in my crop top" mickens.
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

Just needed one more year to wash all of shit habits he learned from Jaydon "lemme juke right out of bounds in my crop top" mickens.
    He just needed more tim is what *your saying?