Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Washington Huskies football statistical leaders

GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies_football_statistical_leaders

The Washington Huskies football statistical leaders are individual statistical leaders of the Washington Huskies football program in various categories. The Huskies represent the University of Washington in the NCAA's Pac-12 Conference. Washington's first football season was in 1889.

These lists are dominated by more recent players for several reasons:

Since 1920s, seasons have increased to 10 or more games.
The NCAA didn't allow freshmen to play varsity football until 1972 (with the exception of the World War II years), allowing players to have four-year careers.
In 1975, the Pacific-8 Conference removed a restriction which limited the league's bowl game participation to a single representative tied to the Rose Bowl Game
The official NCAA record book does not include bowl games in statistical records until 2002,[1] with most colleges also structure their record books this way.
These lists are updated through the end of the 2016 season.

Contents [hide]
1 Passing
1.1 Passing yards
1.2 Passing touchdowns
2 Rushing
2.1 Rushing yards
2.2 Rushing touchdowns
3 Receiving
3.1 Receptions
3.2 Receiving yards
3.3 Receiving touchdowns
4 Total offense
4.1 Total offense yards
5 Defense
5.1 Interceptions
5.2 Tackles
5.3 Sacks
6 Kicking
6.1 Field goals made
6.2 Field goal percentage
7 See also
8 References

_______

- Looks like Browning should shatter most QB records assuming he stays all four years.
- Hugh McElhenny had a 300 yard rushing game in 1950!
- Will Reggie's WR yards # ever be broken?

Anything surprise you in there?

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,696 Founders Club
    Stats are for losers.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,167
    I'm surprised to see Louis "Dancy Pants" Rankin as a top 10 career rusher for us and I'm surprised Andrew Hudson is so high on the sack list. Also we used to have LBs who made a lot of tackles. I suppose everyone used to rush more though.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    Gladstone said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies_football_statistical_leaders

The Washington Huskies football statistical leaders are individual statistical leaders of the Washington Huskies football program in various categories. The Huskies represent the University of Washington in the NCAA's Pac-12 Conference. Washington's first football season was in 1889.

These lists are dominated by more recent players for several reasons:

Since 1920s, seasons have increased to 10 or more games.
    The NCAA didn't allow freshmen to play varsity football until 1972 (with the exception of the World War II years), allowing players to have four-year careers.
    In 1975, the Pacific-8 Conference removed a restriction which limited the league's bowl game participation to a single representative tied to the Rose Bowl Game
    The official NCAA record book does not include bowl games in statistical records until 2002,[1] with most colleges also structure their record books this way.
    These lists are updated through the end of the 2016 season.

Contents [hide]
    1 Passing
    1.1 Passing yards
    1.2 Passing touchdowns
    2 Rushing
    2.1 Rushing yards
    2.2 Rushing touchdowns
    3 Receiving
    3.1 Receptions
    3.2 Receiving yards
    3.3 Receiving touchdowns
    4 Total offense
    4.1 Total offense yards
    5 Defense
    5.1 Interceptions
    5.2 Tackles
    5.3 Sacks
    6 Kicking
    6.1 Field goals made
    6.2 Field goal percentage
    7 See also
    8 References

_______

- Looks like Browning should shatter most QB records assuming he stays all four years.
    - Hugh McElhenny had a 300 yard rushing game in 1950!
    - Will Reggie's WR yards # ever be broken?

Anything surprise you in there?

I forgot that the cowboy from Idaho was such a proficient passer. I use that term loosely as proficient would normally indicate tons of tds but his td total pales in comparison to brown sox.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

I'm surprised to see Louis "Dancy Pants" Rankin as a top 10 career rusher for us and I'm surprised Andrew Hudson is so high on the sack list. Also we used to have LBs who made a lot of tackles. I suppose everyone used to rush more though.

Rankin was really good his senior year and had so many carries before that he was bound to be top ten. He's basically Dwayne Washington minus the well documented fumbling problem and well documented Myles Gaskin problem.
    Pretty close comparison. I think Rankin was a huge waste of talent, even more so than Washington. One thing I think he was stellar at, which he didn't get to do often, was returning kicks. He actually had vision, small space quickness and moves (both of which DW lacked though nobody told him), and similar open field speed. He didn't put it all to use consistently but was still better than DW.

On the other hand the one play I always think of first when Rankin is mentioned is one where Locker was out blocking for him on a long run and Rankin just kind of quit the play and drifted put of bounds. Unfortunately that one kind of defined his style.