Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
  • Options

So...

Durant is a dick because he ditches the team that grew him up in favor of a super team.

AND

Butler is a dick because he doesn't want to ditch the team that grew him up.

???????

Durant was on a team that had a 3-1 lead in the Western Conference Finals and lost because he sucked in the 4th quarters of game 6 and 7.

Butler is on a middle of the pack Eastern Conference team.

Some of you need to learn the distance.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So he's a loser for not wanting to hitch his ride to a sinking ship in Cleveland?
  • Options

Jimmy Butler sucks. He does nothing to put Cleveland over the hump.

PG-13 (lame nickname) is a better target for CLE.

Agree - I'm not a huge fan of Butler
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Jimmy Butler sucks. He does nothing to put Cleveland over the hump.

PG-13 (lame nickname) is a better target for CLE.

Agree - I'm not a huge fan of Butler
    He doesn't want to go to the Cavs because he doesn't want to be the 3rd option. He can be the top guy on a middling Bulls team and be a "star" that takes too many shots and relies on fouls to score points because he's not that elite of an offensive player.
  • Options
    Random aside ... if your name was Brian Windhorst and you were on TV all the time ... don't you think you'd try to work on identifying your jaw line?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Made me think of this:

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    LeBron is not retiring in Cleveland.... even if Paul George comes on board. That's the problem. The big FA's have no guarantee that Bron stays around and the last place they want to be is in Cleveland anyway and sure as hell don't wanna be stuck there for 3 years after he leaves.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

LeBron is not retiring in Cleveland.... even if Paul George comes on board. That's the problem. The big FA's have no guarantee that Bron stays around and the last place they want to be is in Cleveland anyway and sure as hell don't wanna be stuck there for 3 years after he leaves.

Jimmy Butler has two years left on his contract. So he can go to Cleveland and play in the Finals year one and then be on a mediocre team year two. Or he can be on a mediocre team for both seasons. Seems like an easy choice.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

I would agree that Bron is going to leave. He runs far too much of his image/life as a business and the cavs are the Myspace of the NBA. Bron has a few great/good years left before his body is just crushed and he needs to be the 2nd wheel on a team. Cleveland is not going to lure top talent as mentioned previously based on Brons short term stay.

The question I pose(possibly an entirely new thread), is what team can you put together that faces up the warriors(providing they stay healthy)? More than likely players will have to be willing to take less money and be willing to go to LA to play with Bron. On top of that, they need to be good enough to match up with GS the next few years.

Who's your team of players who could potentially join Bron and is up for FA/trade? I'd say Davis would be a good pairing but I don't see how anyone could put the pieces together to trade for him. Clippers are about the only option but I really don't see Bron making a move to LA and not wearing a laker jersey, even with Jerry West calling the shots.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

So...

Durant is a dick because he ditches the team that grew him up in favor of a super team.

AND

Butler is a dick because he doesn't want to ditch the team that grew him up.

???????

I didn't like the Durant move because I knew it would make an already boring NBA even more boring.

He wanted to win a championship and he made a decision that put him in the best position to do so.

Lebron did the same thing. He wanted to win rings and didn't think Cleveland at the time would be able to accomplish that (and he was right). How good the teams were the year before is irrelevant.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

I would agree that Bron is going to leave. He runs far too much of his image/life as a business and the cavs are the Myspace of the NBA. Bron has a few great/good years left before his body is just crushed and he needs to be the 2nd wheel on a team. Cleveland is not going to lure top talent as mentioned previously based on Brons short term stay.

The question I pose(possibly an entirely new thread), is what team can you put together that faces up the warriors(providing they stay healthy)? More than likely players will have to be willing to take less money and be willing to go to LA to play with Bron. On top of that, they need to be good enough to match up with GS the next few years.

Who's your team of players who could potentially join Bron and is up for FA/trade? I'd say Davis would be a good pairing but I don't see how anyone could put the pieces together to trade for him. Clippers are about the only option but I really don't see Bron making a move to LA and not wearing a laker jersey, even with Jerry West calling the shots.
    Just last year Lebron and some guys beat the Warriors.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

I think Lebron/Kyrie is better than Lebron/Paul George but Lebron/PG might be better vs this Warriors team.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,250
    Founders Club

Made me think of this:

Captain Jack has a problem with authority.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

I think Lebron/Kyrie is better than Lebron/Paul George but Lebron/PG might be better vs this Warriors team.
    I like Kyrie better than most do. But you could be right.