Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Things will not get better with Tosh's recruiting

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
Look what happened to Cal... Recruit 4 star athletes who are primadonnas, and watch the team unity fall apart when adversity comes.

Comments

• Yea I never got into the whole Tosh is the greatest recruiter ever!!!!!!!!!!!

He might be a great recruiter but I kept looking at Cal and particularly how our soft ass team was always tougher than them. How on a key 4th and goal for the win our OL blew up their DL for the win.

I was never a big fan of Tosh like so many Doogs were.

He got us Shaq Thompson but his recruiting effect has been minimal IMO.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I looked at our roster, we have 17 players listed as DB's and 16 as DL, great recruiter or not it's obvious what the philosphy is
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I don't think he has done great with the DL, but Tosh Lupoi is near the very bottom when it comes to problems with the program.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited October 2013
    I don't think you can pin Cal's collapse on Tosh. Their D was 1st in the league in most stats in 2010 & 2011 and the DL was the strength. The D held things together because they had no quarterback. If Cal had Price instead of Maynard they would have been a 8-10 win team those years.

Fact is, Tosh is an excellent recruiter...

A few years ago he stole Shaq and Vatuvei at the last minute. Yes Vatuvei is no longer but he was a guy that USC wanted. Last year the DL class was very strong with Qualls, Mathis and Farria. Qualls and Mathis were offered by both UCLA and USC.

The previous DL recruiting was a dreckfest...getting Potoe, Tupou & Finau- 3 complete busts. Missing out on Scott Chricton & DeAndre Coleman.

The new coach will likely keep Tosh because of his recruiting prowess in CA. UW needs to rebuild its recruiting in-state badly....which makes Mora an interesting candidate. He could rebuild in-state recruiting quickly and combined with Tosh continue to recruit CA quite well.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    Tosh has not come close to the amount of hype he had coming in on the recruiting front. But, like someone else said, he is the least of our problems
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited October 2013

Tosh has not come close to the amount of hype he had coming in on the recruiting front. But, like someone else said, he is the least of our problems

I think he's done well and very well considering he works for Seven and has to recruit against a string of 7-7-7 seasons. If he's working for Mora at UCLA or Oregon he'd be a monster.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I think he has done good as a recruiter and the people he has brought in are young. LIpo. Cals defensive line was a strength when he was there.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Cut off the head.

Go for Woody first.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    his recruiting doesn't matter when the HC doesn't believe in the LOS. I repeat we have more DB's on the roster than Dlineman. We also have as many WR's/TE's as Olineman