Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

There is now something called the Celebration Bowl

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Levi stadium is the dumbest location for it

The absolute fucking worst.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Even if Stanford wins the South every year Levi is stupid because Stanford fans don't give a shit

Either Mile High or HAWKS Stadium would have been sold out last year

I had to walk an hour after the game to find a car back to Oakland that was under $200
    Jesus.

Even the prior way of doing it where it was at one of the teams stadiums was better.

I was living out east at the time but apparently it worked well with good attendance in 2013 when at sun devil stadium. When did they start doing Levi?

2014 or 2015?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Even if Stanford wins the South every year Levi is stupid because Stanford fans don't give a shit

I had to walk an hour after the game to find a car back to Oakland that was under $200
    Jesus.

Even the prior way of doing it where it was at one of the teams stadiums was better.

I was living out east at the time but apparently it worked well with good attendance in 2013 when at sun devil stadium. When did they start doing Levi?

2014 or 2015?
    Except the conference tried to fuck season ticket holders.

The first year it existed it was at Autzen. Back in those days it was never a question who was winning the North that year so all of us season ticket guys wanted info. Well it wasn't like bowl seating where your donor preference got you first dibs on tickets. All of us wanted our normal seats of course, but that wasn't really in the mix either because it was a Pac-12 event, not an Oregon event even though it was at Oregon's stadium and everyone was there to see Oregon.

Anyways they worked out a deal to where it was something like $75 a piece for us to get our seats for the CCG through the Duck Athletic Office. Then the conference sold every seat in the house after that regardless of where it was for $35. Of course we were fucking pissed. I sold mine on eBay and bought four through the Pac-12 and ended up a section over and four rows higher, which was only row 14.

The home stadium thing was stupid, but Santa Clara is also stupid. It should have been in Phoenix from the start. It's a place people want to go late in the year and ASU is never making the game so there is no advantage.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Mosster47 said:

Jesus.

2014 or 2015?
    Except the conference tried to fuck season ticket holders.

The first year it existed it was at Autzen. Back in those days it was never a question who was winning the North that year so all of us season ticket guys wanted info. Well it wasn't like bowl seating where your donor preference got you first dibs on tickets. All of us wanted our normal seats of course, but that wasn't really in the mix either because it was a Pac-12 event, not an Oregon event even though it was at Oregon's stadium and everyone was there to see Oregon.

Anyways they worked out a deal to where it was something like $75 a piece for us to get our seats for the CCG through the Duck Athletic Office. Then the conference sold every seat in the house after that regardless of where it was for $35. Of course we were fucking pissed. I sold mine on eBay and bought four through the Pac-12 and ended up a section over and four rows higher, which was only row 14.

The home stadium thing was stupid, but Santa Clara is also stupid. It should have been in Phoenix from the start. It's a place people want to go late in the year and ASU is never making the game so there is no advantage.
    Except , you know, ASU making it and playing there.

And then getting crushed by Stanford.

I watched that debacle at Penn social in DC. I'm sure @swaye has been there.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Put it in Pullman and charge $150 per seat including all the beer you can drink.

It will always be a neutral site because the Cuogs will never make it - but those dumb motherfuckers will take the beer drinking challenge as some badge of honor and fill the place up.

Somehow talk Gameday into airing from there and those sumbitches will make it look like Mardi Gras.

To be fair i would take that challenge too.

But as always...I agree with the throbber on all things.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    everything about Levi's Stadium sucks. People here in the Bay Area hate it. Location sucks, access to/from is a mess, and basically everyone who has attended a game there is unimpressed with the "billion dollar" site.

My wife tried to buy me a ticket to the Pac12 Championship last December and I declined because I'd rather watch on my own tv than go to that shit stadium.

Anyway, Larry Scott obviously knows more than I do because he thinks it should be there every year...plus he is sending our teams to play games in time zones that are so fucking far away that we don't watch the games...and he's also leading the world's most amazing television network, so my opinion doesn't mean much.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

everything about Levi's Stadium sucks. People here in the Bay Area hate it. Location sucks, access to/from is a mess, and basically everyone who has attended a game there is unimpressed with the "billion dollar" site.

My wife tried to buy me a ticket to the Pac12 Championship last December and I declined because I'd rather watch on my own tv than go to that shit stadium.

Anyway, Larry Scott obviously knows more than I do because he thinks it should be there every year...plus he is sending our teams to play games in time zones that are so fucking far away that we don't watch the games...and he's also leading the world's most amazing television network, so my opinion doesn't mean much.

It's a fucking nightmare. The easiest way to do it in the Bay Area is to just get a hotel for the night with everybody else.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Put it in Pullman and charge $150 per seat including all the beer you can drink.

It will always be a neutral site because the Cuogs will never make it - but those dumb motherfuckers will take the beer drinking challenge as some badge of honor and fill the place up.

Somehow talk Gameday into airing from there and those sumbitches will make it look like Mardi Gras.

HRYK

Except for the part where the Cougs get over the Hump in 2017 and take advantage of a tragic hot tub incident that renders Jake unavailable for AC 2017.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

HRYK

Except for the part where the Cougs get over the Hump in 2017 and take advantage of a tragic hot tub incident that renders Jake unavailable for AC 2017.
    I know it's an ACL but I never would have guessed it's in a hot tub. Im also 81 percent sure he's a virgin.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

HRYK

I know it's an ACL but I never would have guessed it's in a hot tub. Im also 81 percent sure he's a virgin.
    Jerking it so much explains the noodle arm.

Real pros know to develop the left hand.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I wonder how long before we'll have the "Pride Bowl"???

@dflea, Can you offer any chinsight on this?

lulzing for a fren.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

$200 is a smoking deal to buy a car

HTH