Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Two more wins

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
Cal and Colorado look like probably wins. UCLA, OSU and WSU look like losses. Based on where it seems they are, I wouldn't be surprised if the drop one at home.

After the Stanford game I thought they could play with and beat any team but Oregon. They were tuff, hit hard, had balls. What the fuck happened? Coaching is the only thing I can think of.

It almost seems like when sark has some success he takes his foot off the gas as if all the work is done and he can coast. House money. The talent is there. This is a 10-2 team talent wise. But a 4-8 team coach wise. They meet in the middle. I'm now saying 6 wins.

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    7 with plunger rapes at UCLA and OSU.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited October 2013
    It will be funny/sad to see all the doogman villains get back onto frat boy's jock after he beats two of the shittiest teams in d1 in colorado and cal.

and they will get back onto his jock. just you watch.
  • It doesn't help when you are 4-0 and your head coach spends the next two weeks pimping himself out obviously trying to position himself for the USC job.

I think after the Oregon loss the players realized they couldn't play for the Rose Bowl. They are veterans so a lot of them are probably in the "fuck it" mode right now. Tired of playing in minor bowl games and were actually thinking we'd play in a Rose Bowl.

This wasn't the same team that played Stanford.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    Gladstone said:

It will be funny/sad to see all the doogman villains get back onto frat boy's jock after he beats two of the shittiest teams in d1 in colorado and cal.

This.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Cal and Colorado look like probably wins. UCLA, OSU and WSU look like losses. Based on where it seems they are, I wouldn't be surprised if the drop one at home.

After the Stanford game I thought they could play with and beat any team but Oregon. They were tuff, hit hard, had balls. What the fuck happened? Coaching is the only thing I can think of.

It almost seems like when sark has some success he takes his foot off the gas as if all the work is done and he can coast. House money. The talent is there. This is a 10-2 team talent wise. But a 4-8 team coach wise. They meet in the middle. I'm now saying 6 wins.

As for Sark coasting, say following the season opener over BSU, the mess back in Chicago against Illinois could not have fooled any head coach paying attention. Discounting the cupcake feast hosting ISU, there have been things needing desperate attention coming out of every game, win or lose, and none of it appears to have been fixed in the seven weeks since the BSU game.

I have a different theory. Sark's program of week-long preparations for the next opponent, whatever it is, does not allow sufficient time and effort for fixing glaring problems such as penalties, OL/DL deficiencies, or the mediocre kicking game, much less allow for actual team or individual improvement as the season goes on. It was so obvious on Saturday that aside from the head to the desert, ASU's coaching staff had Sark for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Call it laziness or something else, but I think Sark like Gilby and Neuheisel before him, prefers to work on the fun stuff during the week at least to the extent that the hard boring work on discipline and fundamentals are to some degree neglected by the head coach. Thus, the defense likely doesn't get as much scrimmage time or scout team work during the week as needed and special teams are largely neglected, all so the head coach can have his fun tinkering with the new offense.

• beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    They will beat Wsu at home but 7 and 5 looks like a done deal what crud they play on road thats all on coaching
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    I think the team partied Friday night. Only way the entire team looks like shit at the same time.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Gladstone said:

"Why can't we just enjoy a win? Any Pac 12 win is a good win. Some of you guys would be miserable if we went 12-0."

-Kim Grinolds after a sloppy win over a terrible Cal team.
    if someone had told u we would be 5-3 at this point everyone would've taken it, right?

my score predictions for the rest of the season
    Cal: 34-13 win
    CU: 49-17 win
    @UCLA 38-17 loss
    @OSU 42-35 loss
    WSU: 31-23 win
    we recieve a birth to the kraft fight hunger bowl
  • "Five years ago you would have killed for 6-3! Where is Peter at now?! How come he's not demanding Sark be fired now?!"- Drunk BairdFS after we beat Colorado.
    edited October 2013
    "what does that asshole peter have to say now?"
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    How could anyone say right now that they will beat wsu??? They lost to a high school team last year in Pullman up18.

Sark doesn't know what he is doing, that is the problem.
    jecornel said:

How could anyone say right now that they will beat wsu??? They lost to a high school team last year in Pullman up18.

Sark doesn't know what he is doing, that is the problem.

sark for the most part beats middling teams at home
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    beelzebub said:

They will beat Wsu at home but 7 and 5 looks like a done deal what crud they play on road thats all on coaching

WSU is far from a win. It won't be.

• beelzebub said:

This is the only game on the schedule I can't figure out. I do think at 6-5 Sark will be coaching for his job. Curious if the players will quit on him or fight hard to save his job.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727

beelzebub said:

agree
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,007

yeah, I am now worried about the apple cup. i can see a scenario where we actually get our asses kicked if we can't figure out a way to get D line pressure.