Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

here's an email that was CC'd to Scott Woodward

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
(names and info removed to preserve anonymity). It is so well written that I am moved to post it here:

Well, it looks like the era of afternoon football games, looking at the fall
colors on the campus, the view to the lake, the game day experience of
anticipation and watching the activities of the tailgaters, the band coming
through the parking lot is sadly ending. Instead, the University has
prostituted itself to the television networks, and the revenues from airing
the games. Who cares if you have a new facility if you are going in for an
8:00 p.m. kickoff. You are in the dark.

The athletic department has your season ticket monies, so they don't care if
you are in your seat. They want the additional T.V. revenue. When you buy
your seats, you don't have a clue as to when most of the games will
start......it becomes a crap shoot. Who, in the other markets, is going to
sit up and watch this game, with up to a three hour time differential if it
is broadcast back east ? They will all be in bed.

When we went to the 7:00 Boise State game, we ended up climbing into bed in
XXXXXXXXX at 3:00 a.m. That was fine, and we tolerated it, as it was a
special event. Whoever agreed to this Cal game starting at 8:00 has
forgotten about the fans. It is a slap in the face to the people that invest
in and come to the games to support the Dawgs. We are very unhappy.

We are going to pass on the Cal game. Not something we want to do, as we
would rather be there to support the team, and spend time with you as we
have for over twenty years. 8:00 p.m. .........unbelievable !

Comments

• trackertracker Member Posts: 866

Well said from the OP.

Could someone please post Woodward's email and also President Young's?
    BOR would be nice, too.
    Thanks.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    The fucktarded starting times are the least of Huskie football's problems right now.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Gotta go higher than Woodward.
    He's a major part of the problem.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    edited October 2013
    That leaves us with Young and while we initially thought Emmert was a football president given his LSU roots, what evidence is out there that says Young gives a flying fuck about anything other than his million dollar salary and free mansion in Madrona?

The Board of Regents I can't speak for but clearly they don't think academic success and athletic success can happen simultaneously unless it's a title IX sport.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    I understand why people are frustrated about an 8 p.m. starting time, but lots of teams play at 8 or 8:30 in college and the NFL. it sucks if you live farther than Olympia and Snohomish County but TV sets the schedules now. Yeah it's kind of annoying but like Sven said Husky football has WAY bigger problems.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    edited October 2013
    whuggy said:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

BOR and down just don't give a fuck.

Unless you have some crazy fucking billionaire who is going to fund and when necessary threaten to pull funds ... football in the NW is fucking dead.

I have never read anything not written by Race F. Bannon that was as dead balls accurate as the WSJ article.

7-6 and a bowl trip is just fine with these fucktards.

It's why I moved to Texas ... didn't want my sons growing up around a bunch of fucking pansies.

I should say it is great they made a 280 million dollar investment ... if the BOR has to start paying for that shit without the football money, then they will look the other way and bring in a winner.

But of course I am sure those bonds are covered by the winners like Oregon who will go to big bowl games and spread the wealth around. And the Pac12 network money.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    topdawgnc said:

whuggy said:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

Unless you have some crazy fucking billionaire who is going to fund and when necessary threaten to pull funds ... football in the NW is fucking dead.

I have never read anything not written by Race F. Bannon that was as dead balls accurate as the WSJ article.

It's why I moved to Texas ... didn't want my sons growing up around a bunch of fucking pansies.

I should say it is great they made a 280 million dollar investment ... if the BOR has to start paying for that shit without the football money, then they will look the other way and bring in a winner.

But of course I am sure those bonds are covered by the winners like Oregon who will go to big bowl games and spread the wealth around. And the Pac12 network money.
    I like to joke about UC-Eugene as much as anyone, but last I checked Eugene is still in the Northwest.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    edited October 2013
    topdawgnc said:

whuggy said:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

We all know you meant to say "faggots". You must need the $75k.

topdawgnc said:

whuggy said:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

I like to joke about UC-Eugene as much as anyone, but last I checked Eugene is still in the Northwest.

I believe they have a crazy fucking billionaire on their speed dial.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    The anonymous emailer seems to have forgotten Husky Stadium is the house that Sark built. Sark likes late games, we get late games - Sark's house, Sark's rules.
    edited October 2013
    The difference is that Oregon is lucky enough to have not only a billionaire but the billionaire whose company namesake graces the jerseys and pocketbooks of most every college sports program in the country. Phil set his goals and reached them to a T. UW sat by and let it happen while we repeatedly killed ourselves in the foot. Seattle in the meantime embraced football mediocrity but went all in for NCs in Olympic sports. Never understood the philosophy of taking a shit on the cash cow yet have no problems taking it for granted.

Football in the NW is dead when you just look north of the Columbia River. It's fine in the state of Oregon.
    Meek said:

The anonymous emailer seems to have forgotten Husky Stadium is the house that Sark built. Sark likes late games, we get late games - Sark's house, Sark's rules.

And house money
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I don't undersand what the end game of this letter is. Should the PAC 12 have taken less money to play more afternoon games? DisAgree if that is the case.
    Night games do suck when you have to play a ton of them. But te money outweighs any negatives.
    loadsock said:

The difference is that Oregon is lucky enough to have not only a billionaire but the billionaire whose company namesake graces the jerseys and pocketbooks of most every college sports program in the country. Phil set his goals and reached them to a T. UW sat by and let it happen while we repeatedly killed ourselves in the foot. Seattle in the meantime embraced football mediocrity but went all in for NCs in Olympic sports. Never understood the philosophy of taking a shit on the cash cow yet have no problems taking it for granted.

Football in the NW is dead when you just look north of the Columbia River. It's fine in the state of Oregon.

If Phil Knight ever dies, Oregon's run is over.

The fucking left wing whacko's will move in quick.

They already tried to throw him overboard once. Cooler heads prevailed and they were beaten into submission through his threat of pulling all money.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Tell your dad that's a great letter. He should poast more.

ha ha.. not my dad
  • AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    Not sure I like the letter: Sark is the problem. The late starts are aggravating but would be tolerable if we had a team worth watching. Nobody, young or old, wants to stay up until 3:00 am to watch two shit teams go at it (remember last year's Cal game). I don't see the point of writing the AD if your not going to address the real problemhe real problem.
  • Dick_BDick_B Member Posts: 1,301
    If UW football was worth watching, TV wouldn't put it on at 8:00. UW and Cal- two of the worst programs in the pac. No one is going to give a shit about that game.