Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

For those who claim LBJ is #2 all time

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Exactly ...

And the other dirty secret is that 2 of LBJ's 3 titles required all the bounces in the world going in his favor

If he had 1 title instead of 3 there's ZERO discussion of him being anywhere near Jordan ok the all time list
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Exactly ...

And the other dirty secret is that 2 of LBJ's 3 titles required all the bounces in the world going in his favor

If he had 1 title instead of 3 there's ZERO discussion of him being anywhere near Jordan ok the all time list

He got some lucky bounces, but he's earned his three rings.

They just aren't enough.
  • Options
    At the highest levels how you win your titles is a factor ...

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We don't have to have this discussion in hockey.

1. Gretzky
    2. Everybody else
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Exactly ...

Stop with the AuburnDawg nonsense. Ravenna wants to give him another ring in 2015 because Kyrie and Love were hurt, you want to take two rings away from him.

As Boobs said, he's earned three. He's a three time Finals MVP and honestly should be four time (he was the MVP in 2015 too). Only MJ has more. Magic and Shaq also have three. (Yes Russell would have more if it was around in his era.)

He's a four time NBA MVP.

Only MJ, Kareem, and Russell have more MVP awards.

Only Russell and his teammates been to more consecutive NBA Finals and they played in an era with less than half the teams there are now .

He's the best two way regular season player of all time, and the best playoff player of all time for the first 47 minutes.

That last minute keeps him from the top, but puts him above everyone else IMO.

Sincerely,

Lifelong LeBron Hater.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Exactly ...

Stop with the AuburnDawg nonsense. Ravenna wants to give him another ring in 2015 because Kyrie and Love were hurt, you want to take two rings away from him.

As Boobs said, he's earned three. He's a three time Finals MVP and honestly should be four time (he was the MVP in 2015 too). Only MJ has more. Magic and Shaq also have three. (Yes Russell would have more if it was around in his era.)

He's a four time NBA MVP.

Only MJ, Kareem, and Russell have more MVP awards.

Only Russell and his teammates been to more consecutive NBA Finals and they played in an era with less than half the teams there are now .

He's the best two way regular season player of all time, and the best playoff player of all time for the first 47 minutes.

That last minute keeps him from the top, but puts him above everyone else IMO.

Sincerely,

Lifelong LeBron Hater.
    Flagged for subjective awards bullshit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I may have said Lebron is better than Jordan - I say a lot of shit. But he isn't and he never really was that close. Is he #2? Who knows, he is in the top 5 discussion, its been a blast the last 7 years, and we won't see this again for a while. It was about 10 years between Jordan's last finals and Lebron's first.

My man Dr J says the 83 Sixers are the best single season team and LBJ is the best player he has ever seen.

That's called being in the discussion.
  • Options

I may have said Lebron is better than Jordan - I say a lot of shit. But he isn't and he never really was that close. Is he #2? Who knows, he is in the top 5 discussion, its been a blast the last 7 years, and we won't see this again for a while. It was about 10 years between Jordan's last finals and Lebron's first.

My man Dr J says the 83 Sixers are the best single season team and LBJ is the best player he has ever seen.

Dr J is McCain's supplier.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You want to bash the Doctor and we're going to throw down bitch
  • Options

I loved him as a player. But calling the 83 Sixers the best single season team ever is ridiculous. This year's Warriors were 2 games better in the regular season and are 15-0 in the playoffs (the Sixers went 12-1).
  • Options

I loved him as a player. But calling the 83 Sixers the best single season team ever is ridiculous. This year's Warriors were 2 games better in the regular season and are 15-0 in the playoffs (the Sixers went 12-1).
    The Warriors are 3-0 in the playoffs.
    Fair. The Sixers went 4-0 in their playoffs. The Knicks and Bucks were terribad that year.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I think there's an outside chance we get here again very quickly with Kawhi. But if it's not him there's no one on the horizon.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think there's an outside chance we get here again very quickly with Kawhi. But if it's not him there's no one on the horizon.
    Definitely not if Steph and KD don't break up real soon.

I think like I said with Curry last year Kawhi's first few years were so relatively unimpressive that it's going to make it tough for him to truly get in the discussion for anything above best peak. But if the Spurs add Paul and can knock off the Warriors, I agree KL could work into the discussion for that at least.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

J?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    He'd have to beat Durant and Curry on his way to a title, yes. He does that and his resume then has Lebron and those two on it. He'd also only be hitting his prime at that point, being only 25 now. He beats GS when he's 27 and he sets himself up to rip off 3 or 4 titles in his prime and he's right there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The old man in me is still not a Kawai guy. To be fair I hardly ever watch the Spurs. Would have been interesting if he hadn't got hurt this year. Maybe.

If Lebron were closing out this series to go 6-2 in Finals it would have been a real debate. You could argue away the 07 and Hickory High losses. You can never get rid of Dallas.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

At the highest levels how you win your titles is a factor ...

Says the guy sucking Durant's dick for winning a title with a team that won 73 games before he got there.
    Only thing I've said about Durant is that there's a legit conversation of him being the best player in the game ...

He's got a long way to go to get to Top 5-10 player of all time status