Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recent Trends

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,993
edited June 2017 in College Football Forum
I've noticed something creeping into my social circles in recent years: Kewgs hate the Ducks as much, and I'm starting to think more, than the good folks who follow Washington. Seriously. They don't like that fucking progrum.

To the creep, that is entirely counterintuitive and suggestive of something to which I don't think my fellow Cuog alumni would want to admit.

But make no mistake ... the creep has actually listened attentively while several of his Palouse Pals have articulated a view that is rather consistent with "beat Oregon; nothing else matters."

Saturday, it was a fellow fuck-up and a Husky bonding over their mutual hatred of Oregon. Waxing on about how they respect OSU (of course you do) and shit like that.

Is it me? Or shouldn't we!?!?! fucking love Oregon as much as Washington hates them? You know, enemy of your enemy and all that??

Thoughts? (Not you @salemcoog) - you're just a Husky pretending to be a coog trying to make Washington State look bad.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Quooks v Coogs is my favorite week of the season
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,999 Founders Club
    Oregon is our main rival.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,993

I just don't get it. Unless my boys are secretly vying for Husky affection. Could it be?
    PurpleJ said:

NO THEY'RE NOT!! WE?!?!?!?! ARE DAMNIT!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I just don't get it. Unless my boys are secretly vying for Husky affection. Could it be?
    I like to watch them fight each other
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    It's fine with me. The only people that like the dukcs are their fans. Everybody else hates them.

Cal is our traditional rival

True true
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Agree.

There are not many traditions in the collegiate rowing community that match the color, consistency or intensity of the Washington/California rivalry.

Since the first 1.5 mile race in fours on Lake Washington on June 3, 1903, these programs have set aside a weekend each year to race, even if it meant for the first 60 years loading shells onto steamships or railcars to make the 800-mile trip.

Add to that the fact that these two teams – both men and women – have consistently been two of the strongest rowing programs in the nation, and you get an annual event that is as good as it gets to anyone who follows collegiate rowing in our country.

The Washington-California men’s varsity eight dual series dates back to 1903, with 105 meetings between the two schools. UW currently leads the varsity series 73-31-1.At stake is the Schoch Cup, named after Delos “Dutch” Schoch of Washington’s class of 1936. Schoch lettered three years (1934-36) as a Husky oarsman and was the spare to the 1936 Olympic team.
    73-31-1 isn't a rivalry.

Cal sucks.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Agree.

There are not many traditions in the collegiate rowing community that match the color, consistency or intensity of the Washington/California rivalry.

Since the first 1.5 mile race in fours on Lake Washington on June 3, 1903, these programs have set aside a weekend each year to race, even if it meant for the first 60 years loading shells onto steamships or railcars to make the 800-mile trip.

Add to that the fact that these two teams – both men and women – have consistently been two of the strongest rowing programs in the nation, and you get an annual event that is as good as it gets to anyone who follows collegiate rowing in our country.

The Washington-California men’s varsity eight dual series dates back to 1903, with 105 meetings between the two schools. UW currently leads the varsity series 73-31-1.At stake is the Schoch Cup, named after Delos “Dutch” Schoch of Washington’s class of 1936. Schoch lettered three years (1934-36) as a Husky oarsman and was the spare to the 1936 Olympic team.
    73-31-1 isn't a rivalry.

Cal sucks.
    They just needed more time, and in a lot of those seasons they might have finished the year as the faster crew.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    In the days of Gil Dobie it was true in football too.
    edited June 2017
    I think if you're a true WSU fan it's Beat UW, Nothing Else Matters or GTFO. Trying to act like there is any other rivalry that matters is fucking stupid. Hell, you can go 1-11 and still consider the season a success if they win the Apple Cup.

Husky Stadium and Memorial Stadium both were built in the early 1920's and the latter held 70,000 vs 30,000 for our facility. People tend to forget that.

Husky Stadium and Memorial Stadium both were built in the early 1920's and the latter held 70,000 vs 30,000 for our facility. People tend to forget that.
    Yes, I tend to forget that, because I don't care. Cal sucks. That's all we need to know.

Yes, I tend to forget that, because I don't care. Cal sucks. That's all we need to know.
    They've had a few flashes in the past decades, but still suck. I'm fond though of reminding people why they had a 70,000 seat stadium in the first place. They are the original Minnesota/Syracuse.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

PurpleJ said:

WE???? What about the Hurrah Cans?
    edited June 2017

PurpleJ said:

WE???? What about the Hurrah Cans?
    I am, alas, a coog by virtue of my humble birth, pedestrian IQ and low station in life. A creepy. motherfucking. coooooog.

Jesus. That's fucking hard to say out loud. But the facts is the facts. I'm a man of the Palouse. I know you think you're better than me.