Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP OU Football

2»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They said the same about our Tide when the Bear retired.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,880
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

47 is right. Great move. Cheap band aid until a big-time NCAA OR NFL coordinator comes available, a Tom Hertman pops on the radar from non power 5 or small power 5 or Chip Kelly gets off the couch.

Not enough lube and willing boy toys to attract Chip.

He's Miami bound eventually.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

47 is right. Great move. Cheap band aid until a big-time NCAA OR NFL coordinator comes available, a Tom Hertman pops on the radar from non power 5 or small power 5 or Chip Kelly gets off the couch.

Not enough lube and willing boy toys to attract Chip.

He's Miami bound eventually.
    I like Richt for the time being, and I don't think Chip would be good there for two reasons:

1. he doesn't like to recruit, and while Miami makes its own weather for recruiting purposes, you still have to get off your ass and convince 30+% of them that they should't go to FSU, LSU, Bama or Florida ... and, fuck, Louisville too;

2. I am a firm believer that the magic doesn't follow the magician 95% of the time - Meyer may be the most exceptional of the exceptions to that rule; and

3. He doesn't fit there - Miami is a place that, when at its best, is a little dirty, a little nasty ... more of bully and a tough guy. Something about Chip, beyond being a twink, that just doesn't sell in that environment. It wouldn't matter if he was winning a lot, as we all know, but I don't think he would, and his lack of fit would accelerate his demise.

I do like his insistence on establishing the run, and Miami pulls in great RB recruits in their sleep, so that would be fun. But Richt is doing that now.

Eh, no Chip. Not the man for my Canes. His 15 minutes are up.