Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fa'atui Tuitele, 5* 2019 DL, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Missing on Pola-Mao last year fucked us twice.

Same with Marlon, since Tremblay got the USC offer because Marlon's back gave out.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

DTs we have no shot at: Pola-Mao, Tuitele, Jacob Bandes

DTs we have a decent shot at: Noa Ngalu, Jayden Jernigan, Siaki "Apu" Ika

DTs we have a great shot at:

Calling it:

USC: Pola-Mao, Tuitele
    UCLA: Bandes
    Oregon: Ika
    Texas Tech: Jernigan
    Cal: Ngalu

Jernigan is UW
    It was partially sarcastic. We could beat out Cal for Ngalu too
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2017
    I have a better chance of growing a Ron Jeremy size dick out of my forehead than we have signing this kid.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I have a better chance of growing a Ron Jeremy size dick out of my forehead than we have signing this kid.

Brb
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Nobody in their right mind willingly chooses to play defense in Lubbock
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    RDR said:
    His brother went to UO. It's not anything to worry about IMO.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Allegedly Mom likes Oregon, Dad likes USC

"After the visit Oregon is definitely up there now on my list," Tuitele told ScoopDuck. "I loved it and my family absolutely loved it. it was definitely a 10, it was a perfect visit."

There is one massive hurdle to every recruitment, and that is mom. It would appear Oregon has an ace in the hole there.

"She loved Oregon. Mom is a huge Oregon fan."

Dad sent the above nice message during the visit.

Also...

"We ate together and had a fun time. After I had a chance to meet with some of the players. Lana Apelu, Adam Stack, Isaac Slade-Matautia and Austin Faoliu came by and I hung out with them for a while. It was cool to see them again and spend some time with them in Eugene."

No doubt coach Joe Salave'a was a big part of this trip and will be a big factor for Oregon.

"Coach Joe, I mean there's really nothing more you can say about him. He's the best. He's a legend in our community. He's actually from the same village as me which is a big thing for our culture. So he's pretty much like family. It's also a big plus he will be my position coach."

Although not a Poly coach, Mario Cristobal made a big impression of his own.

"Coach Cristobal is a good man. He's down to earth and he understands our family. We just really enjoy talking to him. He won at Alabama so he knows what it takes to win at Oregon."

Marcus Mariota is a Saint Louis grad. That was not forgotten by the Tuitele family.

"Marcus paved the way for us kids from Saint Louis."

Most people who care about such things don't think he has 5-star tape yet. It's early but initial signs are promising.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2018/02/faatui_tuitele_5-star_dt_from.html#incart_river_index

"Good analysis of Washington's D vs. Ducks. Oregon has the edge in the DB area...LB is a push...Washington is much better on the DL. Ducks D will be able to hang with Huskies' offense in '18. "

"Graham starts at Washington guaranteed."

Wheeeeeeeee

Memnoch8701: Washington's defense allowed a 65.2% completion rate and snagged 14 interceptions with their SOS @ #60 of 130 while Oregon defense was slightly better at a completion % of 55.1 with the 58th ranked strength of schedule. Oregon snagged 16 interceptions last year. Washington rotated their secondary pretty heavily I believe in 2017 and everyone got playing time. Nine DBs saw the field last year. Oregon rotated six or seven. Keep player development in mind while gauging their current year and performance against slightly inferior competition in regards to Washingtons SOS vs Oregon.

Your most productive returning DB is All Pac 12 First Team select Junior Taylor Rapp. In 13 games he tallied 42 solo tackles 1 int, 0 passes defended (either bad positioning or lack of attempts to his side, judging from his tackle output I'd say he's not very good at defending passes but a great tackler) and 1 forced fumble.

Oregon most productive returning DB is Senior Ugo Amadi. In 13 games he tallied 31 solo tackles 4 int, 8 passes defended (in good position to make plays and his int numbers back that up) 2 fumble recoveries and 1 defensive touchdown and 3 forced fumble.

Following Rapp is All Pac 12 Second Team Junior DB JoJo McIntosh who in 12 games tallied 37 solo tackles 1 int, 1 defended pass and 1 fumble recovery. Starter.

Following Amadi is Oregon Sophomore Thomas Graham Jr. As a freshman in 2017 in 13 games as a starter, he tallied 49 solo tackles, 3 int, 4 passes defended and 1 fumble recovery.

So I'll pause and provide a bit of context before continuing. Oregon's defense leaves only 3 DBs on the field as they have 4 DL, 3LB, with a Hybrid FS/LB up at the line (Fotu Leiato) alongside the LBs. This leaves the corners on an island. Graham outperformed 2 All Pac 12 selectees, against somewhat superior competition, on an island by himself...as a freshman.

Austin Joyner, a junior in 2017 is next with 35 solo tackles in 11 games 1 int, 1 pass defense and 1 fumble recovery. Shrugs.

Next behind Graham we have another Freshman. Deommodore Lenoir. In 12 games he tallied 17 solo tackles 1 int with 5 passes defended.

Washingtons best freshman was pretty good in 6 games. 13 solo tackles, 2 interceptions, 7 defended passes and 1 forced fumble.

I didn't forget Miles Bryant or Jordan Miller. I just figured they are a bit further down the totem pole on the roster and my entire point was to counter your theory regarding the starters in the secondary on both squads.

I'll add to that by saying I believe Washington upgraded at the safety position by signing Julius Irvin. If he doesn't start in 2018 I'll be shocked. Kwiatkowski is a great coordinator. Formidable even, but whether he can develop a player remains to be seen. Shaq and Budda were going to be good regardless. Taylor Rapp is coming along but I expected more from him by this time. Leavitt is a better developer of talent (Arrion Springs 2016 vs 2017 was like night and day) and an even better Defensive coordinator as is evident by the huge jump from 116 in 2016 to 46 in 2017. I see Brendan Schooler who started at safety for Oregon in 2017 either transferring or backing up either Jevon Holland or Steve Stephens. Both highly rated recruits. Time Will tell but I'll wager that Oregon has a top 5-10 defense in 2018. Too much speed, to many coaches who are proven developers of talent and too much talent. Imagine:

Steve Stephens (Best coverage corner in the class, Ed Reed comparisons galore) and Jevon Holland are immediate plug and play starters at the safety spots. Hollins,Dye and 4 star burner (watch his highlight tape, he's a 6'3 210-215 pound gazelle. Hawks RB with 15-20 yrd head start down from behind) Jackson at the LB position with Fotu at the Duck LB/Safety Hybrid position. Miami DE transfer Johnson and Jelks at DE with Scott in the middle. Graham and Amadi start on the outside islands with Deommodore at the slot. I'm stoked for this season. I don't think Washington has better corners and I think we'll be seeing you at the top this season.
    This has a bit of a 5 Reasons vibe to it. Nobody could be that stupid, right?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    that oregon piece isn't real, is it
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2018
    Damn I missed this on the first read through lmao

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2018/02/faatui_tuitele_5-star_dt_from.html#incart_river_index

"Good analysis of Washington's D vs. Ducks. Oregon has the edge in the DB area...LB is a push...Washington is much better on the DL. Ducks D will be able to hang with Huskies' offense in '18. "

Wheeeeeeeee

Memnoch8701: Kwiatkowski is a great coordinator. Formidable even, but whether he can develop a player remains to be seen. Shaq and Budda were going to be good regardless.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

Damn I missed this on the first read through lmao

Wheeeeeeeee

Memnoch8701: Kwiatkowski is a great coordinator. Formidable even, but whether he can develop a player remains to be seen. Shaq and Budda were going to be good regardless.
    That is where I got suspicious that I was being trolled.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Wheeeeeeeee

Memnoch8701: Washington's defense allowed a 65.2% completion rate and snagged 14 interceptions with their SOS @ #60 of 130 while Oregon defense was slightly better at a completion % of 55.1 with the 58th ranked strength of schedule. Oregon snagged 16 interceptions last year. Washington rotated their secondary pretty heavily I believe in 2017 and everyone got playing time. Nine DBs saw the field last year. Oregon rotated six or seven. Keep player development in mind while gauging their current year and performance against slightly inferior competition in regards to Washingtons SOS vs Oregon.

Your most productive returning DB is All Pac 12 First Team select Junior Taylor Rapp. In 13 games he tallied 42 solo tackles 1 int, 0 passes defended (either bad positioning or lack of attempts to his side, judging from his tackle output I'd say he's not very good at defending passes but a great tackler) and 1 forced fumble.

Oregon most productive returning DB is Senior Ugo Amadi. In 13 games he tallied 31 solo tackles 4 int, 8 passes defended (in good position to make plays and his int numbers back that up) 2 fumble recoveries and 1 defensive touchdown and 3 forced fumble.

Following Rapp is All Pac 12 Second Team Junior DB JoJo McIntosh who in 12 games tallied 37 solo tackles 1 int, 1 defended pass and 1 fumble recovery. Starter.

Following Amadi is Oregon Sophomore Thomas Graham Jr. As a freshman in 2017 in 13 games as a starter, he tallied 49 solo tackles, 3 int, 4 passes defended and 1 fumble recovery.

So I'll pause and provide a bit of context before continuing. Oregon's defense leaves only 3 DBs on the field as they have 4 DL, 3LB, with a Hybrid FS/LB up at the line (Fotu Leiato) alongside the LBs. This leaves the corners on an island. Graham outperformed 2 All Pac 12 selectees, against somewhat superior competition, on an island by himself...as a freshman.

Austin Joyner, a junior in 2017 is next with 35 solo tackles in 11 games 1 int, 1 pass defense and 1 fumble recovery. Shrugs.

Next behind Graham we have another Freshman. Deommodore Lenoir. In 12 games he tallied 17 solo tackles 1 int with 5 passes defended.

Washingtons best freshman was pretty good in 6 games. 13 solo tackles, 2 interceptions, 7 defended passes and 1 forced fumble.

I didn't forget Miles Bryant or Jordan Miller. I just figured they are a bit further down the totem pole on the roster and my entire point was to counter your theory regarding the starters in the secondary on both squads.

I'll add to that by saying I believe Washington upgraded at the safety position by signing Julius Irvin. If he doesn't start in 2018 I'll be shocked. Kwiatkowski is a great coordinator. Formidable even, but whether he can develop a player remains to be seen. Shaq and Budda were going to be good regardless. Taylor Rapp is coming along but I expected more from him by this time. Leavitt is a better developer of talent (Arrion Springs 2016 vs 2017 was like night and day) and an even better Defensive coordinator as is evident by the huge jump from 116 in 2016 to 46 in 2017. I see Brendan Schooler who started at safety for Oregon in 2017 either transferring or backing up either Jevon Holland or Steve Stephens. Both highly rated recruits. Time Will tell but I'll wager that Oregon has a top 5-10 defense in 2018. Too much speed, to many coaches who are proven developers of talent and too much talent. Imagine:

Steve Stephens (Best coverage corner in the class, Ed Reed comparisons galore) and Jevon Holland are immediate plug and play starters at the safety spots. Hollins,Dye and 4 star burner (watch his highlight tape, he's a 6'3 210-215 pound gazelle. Hawks RB with 15-20 yrd head start down from behind) Jackson at the LB position with Fotu at the Duck LB/Safety Hybrid position. Miami DE transfer Johnson and Jelks at DE with Scott in the middle. Graham and Amadi start on the outside islands with Deommodore at the slot. I'm stoked for this season. I don't think Washington has better corners and I think we'll be seeing you at the top this season.
    This has a bit of a 5 Reasons vibe to it. Nobody could be that stupid, right?
    I believed it.

Go to Oregonian.com and read the comments in any duck article ... the koolaid is very, very real.