Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fa'atui Tuitele, 5* 2019 DL, Honolulu (St. Louis), HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If we get Wright is this the best DL class in conference history?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I never doubted Malloe for a second. He's amazing and the fact that he's a Dawg himself makes it even better. Perfect hire by Coach Pete. Defensive line is the hardest position to recruit and he's doing a phenomenal job and becoming one of the best recruiters in the nation. I'm so happy for him and excited about the future. UW's D-line is going to be the best in the Pac-12 by far. No Pac-12 O-line will stand a chance because the rest the conference will not prepare them for going against UW. :):p>:)
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm hearing it's our next 3 headed monster.

Tui = Vea
    Bandes = Gaines
    Wright = Qualls
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2018

I think what happened is that we knew we were taking 4-5 DLs this year and through some mix of circumstances we tried to obscure that until the last one visited (Wright).

I think once Wright visited it was ok with us for Tuitele to come out. I think it’s the same reason why we told people we were recruiting Pa’ama as a OG as well.

If you look at Tuitele’s pics at UW that’s from this last summer. So I’m pretty sure he visited, went home and committed.

I think Ballz is right to say he’s like Derrick Brown. Pa’ama is close to Vita. Ngalu reminds me of Gaines in that he’s 6-2, 265 and plays RB too. Bandes is like Danny Shelton and Wright is kind of like a 6-4, 280 Jojo Mathis (who was 6-2, 250).

If we somehow manage to get Wright this is probably one of the better DL classes ever. As it stands now it’s our best ever.

That’s on top of getting Taki and Tuli last year who will both be big time. I’m sure Liu will be a Gaines-y type eventually as well.

And please God, move Bynum to TE.

We beat a bunch of huge schools for Bandes, Tuitele and Pa’ama. This is a completely different level.

Do you think they would’ve waited until after Wright’s commitment if we were actually getting him? Yet again it’s entirely possible he’s already committed to the staff.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I'm sure it's just WDWHA, but some Alabama fan is claiming he had a shitty senior season and they dropped him because of it.

In the summer Bama was the clear front-runner on him. From what I've heard, he had a horrendous summer and subpar senior year. With Ishmael Sopsher potentially coming to Bama, I heard Bama just passed on Tuitele.

Yeah, he was big on Bama's board before the majority of the elite 2019 DT/DE commits to Bama. From my understanding, he played well this past spring, but then during all the camps over the summer he just laid an egg. And he had a mediocre senior season so Bama decided to pass on him and focus their efforts on a few other prospects.

Any truth?
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

I'm sure it's just WDWHA, but some Alabama fan is claiming he had a shitty senior season and they dropped him because of it.

In the summer Bama was the clear front-runner on him. From what I've heard, he had a horrendous summer and subpar senior year. With Ishmael Sopsher potentially coming to Bama, I heard Bama just passed on Tuitele.

Yeah, he was big on Bama's board before the majority of the elite 2019 DT/DE commits to Bama. From my understanding, he played well this past spring, but then during all the camps over the summer he just laid an egg. And he had a mediocre senior season so Bama decided to pass on him and focus their efforts on a few other prospects.

Any truth?
    As clear a case of abundance as I’ve ever seen
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664

If Bandes deserves an immediate pod so does Tuitele you fucks. A year ago you were all saying “well the best DL on the west coast is in Hawaii, true 5*, no chance we get him, all faith, family, football for him in that order..” Now we’ve got Ikaika “da God” Malloe fucking on another level, and frankly besides trolling ND Jimmy has disappointed this cycle. He’s shown that he can find underrated guys, great. I want him to close Steel, Ricks, Ringo, and close the door on elite west coast DB’s looking to the east coast “DBu’s.”

STOp. The DB class is nails and it's not done yet. Lake closes with the best of them.
    The class is solid, but he’s leveling off instead of leveling up, especially when he’s supposed to have expanded duties with BUCK recruiting.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Being op in this ebullient thread makes up for the Ngata shit-notifications

Da fuq is an ebullient?