Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In defense of Dick Baird

I didn't put this together last night but it's likely that he heard the rumor about Don James during the game.

I don't like him or his general outlook on Husky football. But his losing it after BeatMyPete called might deserve a pass.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Fuck. That. Coog.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Huh?

Real reason.

He has been a coach on the hot seat ... He knows Pete was right.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club

I didn't put this together last night but it's likely that he heard the rumor about Don James during the game.

I don't like him or his general outlook on Husky football. But his losing it after BeatMyPete called might deserve a pass.

Kobe, you know I love ya, but lately you're sounding more and more like an ACLU attorney.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    I think Kobe makes a valid poont here.
    If you are too emotional to be on the postgame show, don't be on the postgame show.
  • I would accept this excuse except that BairdFS says this same shit all the time. The more someone is proven wrong the more bitter they become.

Also this game was a blowout so something tells me Baird probably started to hit the bottle earlier than usual.

He also knew Chest was right. You don't get that pissed off at someone if you actually think they are an idiot. You are that upset when deep down inside you know they are right.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

You lost me at "hello".

Baird was a coach. That's all anyone needs to know. The only people dumber than Baird are people who call in expecting anything else from him. Softy may have made the only good point he's made in his life at the end of the segment when he said, and I paraphrase, "this is Baird. this is who he is. what else did you expect? if you don't know him by now you never will."

it was great that at least 4 other people called in to point out that he gets paid millions to do his job. that's why it's not a normal job. that's why you can't expect normal patience for results. it's an odd job that pays an odd salary relative to its importance in society and it therefore comes with odd expectations and success criteria.

why is everything so fucking complicated to people? Baird is a Husky homer and a coach homer. and on top of that he's a old man who reportedly drinks too much.

you're not listening to Charlie Rose when you're listening to the honks.

What's Baseball's greatest gambler have to do with this?
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    tracker said:

Sorry, no. . .professionals don't act that way.
    Think about it. . .when given sad news do most people go on a tirade directed at others?
    Go on a tirade on a platform with thousands of people listening?

My guess is that Baird is frustrated with the program like everyone else.
    He's just too stupid to figure where the real problem lies.

The Honks aren't helping bring football excellence to Washington.
    They're enabling mediocrity.
    I mean, who actually thought of Dick Baird as a professional? No one has ever listened to the Honks and come away thinking "Wow, what a professional that Dick Baird is".

I think it's pretty common for people to be upset about one thing and to take it out on something or someone else. That's like human fucking nature shit.

Of course they're not helping. They should all die in a fire. I'm just saying maybe Baird deserves a break for what he said to HereToBeatMyPete. Fired for every other dumb ass thing he's said. A break for that.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Kobe, you know I love ya, but lately you're sounding more and more like an ACLU attorney.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I don't blame him. Baird being Baird.

In fact I want to thank him....as it will help HuskyFanPodcast gain momentum when we kick off our Fire Sark campaign this week.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    #fireSark > #fireBaird

I don't blame him. Baird being Baird.

In fact I want to thank him....as it will help HuskyFanPodcast gain momentum when we kick off our Fire Sark campaign this week.

I'm looking forward to this great Profile in Courage podcast.