Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Conference issues football ban on the Fighting Oryx

LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
Citing questionable recruiting tactics of terrorists, lack of institutional control of slavery, rape, and murder, Qatar has been put on an indefinite football ban by its conference peers. 2022 is not going to be special.

Komo4 futtbuckers
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/05/middleeast/saudi-bahrain-egypt-uae-qatar-terror/index.html

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    This is bigger news than we're giving it credit for as yet. Qatar is claiming that the whole thing is based on hacked emails. We have 11000 military personnel at Al Udeid air base in Qatar, so this directly impacts the US.

I'm still trying to figure out what is actually going on there.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,309
    It's about as big of a non-violent crisis as you can have in the ME and Trumps recent visit with the Saudis can't be too coincidental.

I have a buddy who's in Doha and works for Qatar airlines, he hasn't returned my text yet.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Qatar just needs more time to get their Honey Buckets in there.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

It's about as big of a non-violent crisis as you can have in the ME and Trumps recent visit with the Saudis can't be too coincidental.

I have a buddy who's in Doha and works for Qatar airlines, he hasn't returned my text yet.

Yeah they are fucked without dropping support for Iran. They get 40% of their food from Saudi Arabia, and now can't use airspace from basically the entire peninsula.

Have to laugh at the irony of SA calling Qatar a sponsor of terrorism.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    The Fighting Oryx. @Gladstone just got a boner in his chain mail.