Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Serious question. Has Sark lost this team. Kind of like Willingham did?

Yesterdays body language by Sark just screamed that he was in way over his head, and no clue how to manage that game. He's proven that he lacks confidence in his back up QB's when the starter is completely gassed, beat up, or in junk time. Mismanagement on several levels.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    I sure hope so. The players need to go full Grambling the next five games just to make sure that Sark is Door.Ass.Out.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    Good question. I wonder if he lost them the week leading to Oregon, actually.

Oregon game being a rivalry and the game being at home, the players still put up a fight, but I noticed the week leading up to the game Sark was constantly downplaying our chances of winning (it was obvious during gameday for example). Even if your team is probably gonna lose, that is not how you want to communicate. Look at Carroll. Even when we had Tarvaris Jackson and players off the street at some positions, the guy always believed in his guys, and they played with confidence.
    If I was a player and was feeling like my coach doesn't believe in me, I don't know if I would fight the same way. Probably not.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    This upcoming Cal game has many similarities to the Ty game against the 0-9 Stanford team at home. We were huge favorites going in. Stanford punted on 3rd down on their opening drive as I remember. In the end they won easily against a UW team that simply didn't want to be playing football anymore. Eklund says there is no way we lose next week. I day never underestimate a weak-minded team
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Until the stadium looks like this ... nothing will be done.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Cal was dogshit last night, but they were trying for a full 60 minutes. UW should win rather easily, say 52-10, but Cal will hang around if UW lets them.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    topdawgnc said:

Until the stadium looks like this ... nothing will be done.

By all means, let's raze the woof.
  • Hard to say the team has quit on Sark because this type of game happens every year with him. I expect UW to win the next two.

However they'll get killed by UCLA and Oregon State. Sitting at 6-5 going into the Apple Cup I could see the players saying fuck it and WSU upsetting UW to end the Sark era.

I think Sark is gone at 6-6 myself. At 7-5 he SHOULD be gone but I think that is enough to put him on the "hot seat" next year where next year will be a disaster.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Cal won't hang around - they ARE that bad
  • WedgwoodDawgWedgwoodDawg Member Posts: 184

So was WSU 2012.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Yesterdays body language by Sark just screamed that he was in way over his head, and no clue how to manage that game. He's proven that he lacks confidence in his back up QB's when the starter is completely gassed, beat up, or in junk time. Mismanagement on several levels.

I wondered the same thing yesterday. It looked to me a little bit like some of the players quit.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Some quit. Sure. But did anyone else notice asu knew exactly where uw was going about half the time and beat them to the spot? That's preparation
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

So was WSU 2012.

Splitting hairs here but WSU in 2012 played a handful of teams very respectably (UCLA, Stanford, OSU) which is why I had a feeling we'd lose to them. Cal barely beat Portland St at home. They are that bad.