Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Finals Prediction Pole

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Warriors in 7

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LOL Tristan Thompson an All Star

Name three better centers in the East. Embiid was hurt, maybe Horford.... And?

Thompson gets a double double and plays good D.
    The "center" is a dying species in the NBA

Both of the guys you mentioned as better are PF by historical standards ...

Porzingis is 7'4" and nobody thinks of him as a center ...

Thompson is perfect for the team he is on ... but isn't an All Star
    Which is why Thompson is so valuable. He's a PF in the olden days and a center today.

Thompson right now shits on Porzingis. The NBA is the most veteran centric league of all the professional sports.
    Man I go your way in these debates with Teq 81% of the tim but I'm not feeling this. Thompson is solid. He's not really close to an all star. And I wouldn't take him over Porzingis. Okay for Cleveland I would since they don't need the scoring but Thompson isn't a significantly better rebounder and Porzingis blocks double the shots while scoring and stretching the floor. I don't see why you'd take Thompson over Porz in a vacuum. He isn't close to shitting on Porzingis IMO.
    Not long term, but right now Thompson is a more valuable player than Porzingis. It's not in a vacuum.

Obviously Porzingis has skills Thompson can't touch, but Thompson is a better player than people give him credit for. Thompson is a bum all star to me. Young players in the NBA aren't shit and you would have to go deep in the well to find one that actually contributed to a contender. Kawhii Leonard is about the only guy I can think of.

It's a complicated subject because the best youngsters are on the worst teams, but the NBA is a veteran game. The lifestyle is too amazing for a young player to really care about compared to a guy that has been there, done that.
    If Thompson was all that, he'd be pulling better squish than Lamar Odom's leftovers.

That's celebrity pussy. Future and all the other rappers now want to hang out with him way more. Throbber, these guys get the greatest pussy around. You should know this better than anyone.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,276
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cavs in 5

Just listened to Stugotz say the only reason he's picking the Cavs in 4 is because they cannot win in 3.

I think the Warriors will be able to steal one.

Someone should have told Stugotz the Dubs will be guarding Lebron with Draymond or Andre, not Kelly fucking Olynyk.

You say that like it matters

Ravenna is even more of a beast than Race for keeping the faith last year.
    He's the only one that didn't bail at 1-3
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,202
    Warriors in 5

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

LOL Tristan Thompson an All Star

Name three better centers in the East. Embiid was hurt, maybe Horford.... And?

Thompson gets a double double and plays good D.
    The "center" is a dying species in the NBA

Both of the guys you mentioned as better are PF by historical standards ...

Porzingis is 7'4" and nobody thinks of him as a center ...

Thompson is perfect for the team he is on ... but isn't an All Star
    Which is why Thompson is so valuable. He's a PF in the olden days and a center today.

Thompson right now shits on Porzingis. The NBA is the most veteran centric league of all the professional sports.
    Man I go your way in these debates with Teq 81% of the tim but I'm not feeling this. Thompson is solid. He's not really close to an all star. And I wouldn't take him over Porzingis. Okay for Cleveland I would since they don't need the scoring but Thompson isn't a significantly better rebounder and Porzingis blocks double the shots while scoring and stretching the floor. I don't see why you'd take Thompson over Porz in a vacuum. He isn't close to shitting on Porzingis IMO.
    Not long term, but right now Thompson is a more valuable player than Porzingis. It's not in a vacuum.

Obviously Porzingis has skills Thompson can't touch, but Thompson is a better player than people give him credit for. Thompson is a bum all star to me. Young players in the NBA aren't shit and you would have to go deep in the well to find one that actually contributed to a contender. Kawhii Leonard is about the only guy I can think of.

It's a complicated subject because the best youngsters are on the worst teams, but the NBA is a veteran game. The lifestyle is too amazing for a young player to really care about compared to a guy that has been there, done that.
    If Thompson was all that, he'd be pulling better squish than Lamar Odom's leftovers.

That's celebrity pussy. Future and all the other rappers now want to hang out with him way more. Throbber, these guys get the greatest pussy around. You should know this better than anyone.
    The Throbber would not put his Throbber anywhere near orifices that Lamar Odom had previously populated.

That's just good hygiene.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Warriors in 5
    @RoadDawg55

You are the king of taking things I say way out of context ... those that pay attention know that

Thompson is a great fit on the Cavs because his skill set fits what they need ... place him on a .500 team and he's nothing special

Think about it this way ... Steven Adams was super valuable with BOTH KD and Westbrook because they took the shots and that played into his strengths ... now this year with the need for more shots it calls out his offensive shortcomings

As for the young player vs veteran argument ... there are many reasons for that (some you mentioned) ... but it is particularly true for role players
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Warriors in 6

Thompson is an all star. The Cavs aren't defending champs without him. I suppose Rodman wasn't an all star either.

Tequilla knows less about basketball than he does about football

Thompson's Rodman now?

Holy fuck.

I agree with your second and fourth sentences.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,276
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cavs in 5
    dnc said:

Thompson is an all star. The Cavs aren't defending champs without him. I suppose Rodman wasn't an all star either.

Thompson's Rodman now?

Holy fuck.

He plays the same role - rebounds and defense. Ever watched a NBA game? Ever seen a grown man naked?
  • Options
    Warriors in 6

dnc said:

Thompson's Rodman now?

Holy fuck.

He plays the same role - rebounds and defense. Ever watched a NBA game? Ever seen a grown man naked?
    Yes and yes.

Playing the same role and playing it at the same level are not the same things.

Thompson is above average at the role. Rodman was damn near the best ever at it.

Rodman had ten years of double digit rebounds per game and was over 15 per game in six of those. Thompson's never averaged more than 9.4 per game.

He's good. He's not in Rodman's universe.

Rodman's a first ballot hall of famer. Thompson's a guy who might make an all star game once in his career.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Warriors in 5

dnc said:

Thompson's Rodman now?

Holy fuck.

There hasn't been a NBA game since last June, but still.
  • Options
    RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    Name Dropper Photogenic 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Cavs in 5
    Interesting article this week on how Thompson is the most demoralizing player in the NBA. After a team thinks they have a defensive stop, he comes in like Moses for an offensive rebound to give the Cavs another shot. Or he hits one of his awkward looking floaters.

You don't have to be Rodman to be the rebound/defense guy that gets multiple rings.

• Options
    Warriors in 6

Interesting article this week on how Thompson is the most demoralizing player in the NBA. After a team thinks they have a defensive stop, he comes in like Moses for an offensive rebound to give the Cavs another shot. Or he hits one of his awkward looking floaters.

You don't have to be Rodman to be the rebound/defense guy that gets multiple rings.

Agree with this
  • Options
    Warriors in 6
    Der Golve is our first prognosticator eliminated.

Good job, good effort.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Warriors in 4
    I like my chances in this 1
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Warriors in 6
    steph curry's mom tho
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Warriors in 5
    LOL at comparing Tristan Thompson to Paul Silas ...

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Warriors in 7
    Doogles said:

Dubs aren't winning both games in Cleveland. Take your screenshots.
  • Options
    Warriors in 6

Doogles said:

Dubs aren't winning both games in Cleveland. Take your screenshots.
    I wouldn't be shocked if Cleveland wins game 2. They ain't winning the series though.