Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ts & Ps for @Creepycoug

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988
The Tez passed away today. A true man amongst boys (not like that) as an interior D lineman.

Trust me; nothing got the creep going more than watching that fucker swallow up Tony Rice and then enjoying Holtz go 'slobber all over himself' ape shit as Tez did "the Tez" over the corpse.

Those big fuckers have to lose weight when they're done playing (see, e.g., Ed Cunningham) or they won't make it to 60.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    When you are the NFL Defensive Player of the Year on a 2-14 team you are great
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,988

When you are the NFL Defensive Player of the Year on a 2-14 team you are great

Yes. In his rookie year and first regular season game on the road at Chi town, he was being held up, and held, by two O lineman, and Neil Anderson, who as you may recall was a biggish tailback who could move, was coming through a 'parting of the red sea' hole at Mach 5 completely untouched.

Kennedy, again being held straight up by two O lineman, reaches out his right paw, grabs the charging Anderson mid-stride by the scruff of his jersey, and with his arm, and his arm alone, plants him face-mask into the dirt - all still while being held up by two dudes.

I'll never forget that play. The guy was a fucking bull.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Who had him next in their dead Kennedy's pool?
    salemcoog said:

You just signed your death warrant fucko!!!!!!!! I wouldn't get gas at you know where for a while.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    I was too young to appreciate cortez
    edited May 2017
    phineas said:

I was too young to appreciate cortez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTycAlWhrt8

there are a couple of clips in this one that shows him ground level at full speed - the one against the niners - after you've seen what a bull he was against the run, to watch him run, especially on some of the picks he had ... just one of those rare guys who can carry 300 lbs. and all that that implies, but still retain athleticism, quickness and some semblance of speed.

the guy was ridiculous. there's another clip out there somewhere of him going off on Michigan State ... that's a Big 10 o line back when that was a real thing, and he's making those guys look like they're in high school.

Cane blinders aside, best I've ever seen in terms of interior guys who could both (1) man-handle an o line push to stop the run in the interior line, and (2) rush the passer as a legitimate threat to not only collapse the pocket but run the guy down. if there's another guy who did both of those things as well and as consistently as he did, or better, I missed him.

salemcoog said:

You just signed your death warrant fucko!!!!!!!! I wouldn't get gas at you know where for a while.
    Whatever...

Pump my Gas Cane!!!!!
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Overrated.

I was waiting for a more sophisticated "Empterman was better" argument. Where the fuck is Royotis when you need him?
    Great player on a shit team. He was like the 3rd best DL on his team, if I remember right, coming out of school. He maxed his talents out IMO.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,985 Founders Club
    So he got push up the middle and heat from the edge?
    edited May 2017
    salemcoog said:

Great player on a shit team. He was like the 3rd best DL on his team, if I remember right, coming out of school. He maxed his talents out IMO.

I am assuming this is sarcasm… But coming from you, I can never be too sure about your ability to reach new depths of stupid. No offense Cuog. Then again, if you are serious, I can't blame you; there has clearly never been, in the entire history of Washington State football, a player of Kennedy's caliber. So your inability to recognize gr stress is well understood.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,663 Standard Supporter
    Uncle Denny says he's the best player he ever coached.

Even in his most drunken moments, that's high praise coming from Denny.