Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Imagine how sad the Doogs are going to be

Comments

• Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

If he's good, he's good. Who cares about the soap opera bullshit?

Fair point re: soap opera. And I'm willing to bet he'll be pretty talented. What remains to be seen is if he also inherited his father's softness and lack of leadership skills. If so, I'd guess CCP will have zero problem saying no thanks.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    We? can turn down Millen's kid first.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'll promise an epic rant if we get a verbal from Damon's kid just on principal
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

I don't think his dad was that soft. Uncle Brock (and Luke), yes. Damon was different. He just wasn't mega talented.

But I think he would have been damn good under DJ. Or Pete.

Agree. Damon was OK. The James era was a hard act to follow. Damon was obviously involved in some huge highs and lows. But we wouldn't have stuck around in the NFL so long without some merit.
  • Options
    Damon definitely was talented, thus his long NFL career. But word on the street by UW teammates was that he wasn't much of a leader and had a rep of being a whiner in the huddle. This likely contributed to the unspectacular record at UW and him being almost exclusively a backup in the NFL.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Saracen said:

Damon definitely was talented, thus his long NFL career. But word on the street by UW teammates was that he wasn't much of a leader and had a rep of being a whiner in the huddle. This likely contributed to the unspectacular record at UW and him being almost exclusively a backup in the NFL.

You sir are full of shit.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Saracen said:

You sir are full of shit.
    Or someone who knows a bit. To be fair, he's actually a really nice guy. However, that and what I said about him on the field don't have to be mutually exclusive. Also, facts - he was never better than 7-4 and never a team captain.
  • Options
    Let's forget about the fact that Damon's the worst radio commentator of anybody to ever do the job ... he's brutally bad.

The problem I have with Damon is 81% tied to the fact that he threw the ball to Kenny Wheaton ...

Brock was a back peddling shell shocked pretty boy that didn't want to get hit in the mouth continuously ... I can understand that. Moreover, I have a good idea how he's going to perform in various situations and that's that. Unlike his brother, he's actually very good as a color commentator and shows that he has a brain and knows how to use it.

The problem with Damon is that he was more of a "Try Hard All Star" than he was anything else ... he's one of those guys that thinks he can do things that he can't do. That leads to stupid shit like throwing INTs (like to Kenny Wheaton) ... in his 3 years as a starter, he had 28 INTs in 32 starts ... in comparison ... while similar TD:INT ratios to that of Tui, I think we'd all agree that what Tui brought to the table was night/day different than what Damon brought to the table.

So why do I hate Damon Huard, let me sum it up:

1) I hate "Try Hard All Stars" ... guys that are bound to do stupid shit that they aren't capable of doing which results in either losing games and/or getting people hurt ...

2) He's the worst radio commentator of all time ... the way he cheers things on IF you were watching the game in the bar with him you'd still want to tell him to FUCK OFF ...

3) He threw the ball to Kenny Wheaton ... which led to Oregon going to a Rose Bowl ... which led to Phil Knight getting interested in football ... which led to Oregon going from irrelevant to very relevant ... it's taken over 20 years to right that fucking wrong.

That's with one glove off ... the second glove comes off with some rambling commentary under the influence of tequila.
  • Options
    At best, Damon was a mediocre athlete, a shit QB, who played for a shit - and Doog Legend- coach. That said Damon was popular in the huddle. The faction you're alluding to quit on the team and happily pointed fingers. Losers lose.

Hugh Millen, yes that Hugh Millen, has a fake Natty ring. Just sayin
  • Options
    Baseman said:

At best, Damon was a mediocre athlete, a shit QB, who played for a shit - and Doog Legend- coach. That said Damon was popular in the huddle. The faction you're alluding to quit on the team and happily pointed fingers. Losers lose.

Hugh Millen, yes that Hugh Millen, has a fake Natty ring. Just sayin

The fact that he's in charge of whatever alumni relations title that he has tells you that he's a "brah's brah" type of guy ...

Those 93-94 teams were really strange in that they were talented but clearly didn't show up consistently because what did they really have to play for?

One of the biggest challenges as a program gets to that national elite level is keeping complacency out of the program where players just expect that because of the name of who they represent that the results will automatically follow.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can we at least put the Damon stuff into the proper 5 Reasons format?

Derek abandons us for a few days to go on a well deserved bender with a harem of Indian ladies and you guys forget our brand.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I believe Kenny Wheaton's son is class of 2025. Just saying.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2017

I believe Kenny Wheaton's son is class of 2025. Just saying.

So if little Huard redshirts and little Wheaton starts as a true frosh, college football can officially begin in 2025!