Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Flynn and Kislyak were trying bypass U.S. National Security

jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
"Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy"
"Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race"
"The 18 calls and electronic messages took place between April and November 2016 as hackers engaged in what U.S. intelligence concluded in January was part of a Kremlin campaign to discredit the vote and influence the outcome of the election in favor of Trump over his Democratic challenger, former secretary of state Hillary Clinton."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-contacts-idUSKCN18E106

something something fake news, right @RaceBannon ?

Comments

• phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,494
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    edited May 2017
    Establishing back-channel communications with the Russians isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Kennedy made extensive use of back-channel negotiations with Khrushchev through RFK and Dobrynin during the Cuban Missile Crisis, effectively bypassing the ExComm that he's generally lauded for using during the crisis. However, State was kinda pissed afterwards because the wording of the agreement that came out of those back-channel negotiations wasn't vetted properly and came back to bite us in 1970.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    BearsWiin said:

Establishing back-channel communications with the Russians isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Kennedy made extensive use of back-channel negotiations with Khrushchev through RFK and Dobrynin during the Cuban Missile Crisis, effectively bypassing the ExComm that he's generally lauded for using during the crisis. However, State was kinda pissed afterwards because the agreement that came out of those back-channel negotiations wasn't vetted properly and came back to bite us in 1970.

Back-channel communications superiority guy
    dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Establishing back-channel communications with the Russians isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Kennedy made extensive use of back-channel negotiations with Khrushchev through RFK and Dobrynin during the Cuban Missile Crisis, effectively bypassing the ExComm that he's generally lauded for using during the crisis. However, State was kinda pissed afterwards because the agreement that came out of those back-channel negotiations wasn't vetted properly and came back to bite us in 1970.

I'm a yuge fan of back channels.

Feeling extra frisky right now because I just finished replacing my washing machine drain pump. Appliance repair superiority guy
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Feeling extra frisky right now because I just finished replacing my washing machine drain pump. Appliance repair superiority guy
    Sounds like a perfect time for some back channel appliance repair victory coitus
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Sounds like a perfect time for some back channel appliance repair victory coitus
    Wife's at work, but the dog is here
    any port in an Aptos storm
    dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

any port in an Aptos storm
    Hey, that bitch is tight
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

Tldr

flynn and the russian ambassador were trying to bypass the US national security systems so Trump and Pootin could talk, and also trying to sabotage hillary.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    BearsWiin said:

Establishing back-channel communications with the Russians isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself. Kennedy made extensive use of back-channel negotiations with Khrushchev through RFK and Dobrynin during the Cuban Missile Crisis, effectively bypassing the ExComm that he's generally lauded for using during the crisis. However, State was kinda pissed afterwards because the wording of the agreement that came out of those back-channel negotiations wasn't vetted properly and came back to bite us in 1970.

It's never the action that gets you in trouble. It's the cover up.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

BearsWiin said:

Obligatory....nothing special
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Let me help your helpless attempt to engage in a rational conversation with me by pasting the part of the article you left out

The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far. But the disclosure could increase the pressure on Trump and his aides to provide the FBI and Congress with a full account of interactions with Russian officials and others with links to the Kremlin during and immediately after the 2016 election.

You called it fake news. I am inclined to agree
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,858
    The only thing I dislike about Trump is that he's made me start agreeing with a thousand year old doog.