Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Big Baller on the big stage

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The East is still the easier conference. GS is loaded and a heavy favorite this year, even against LeBron.

Boston is a good destination. Great franchise, very good coach, and a good team. They have very good role players. IT is a good franchise guy who I know really does work harder than anyone. He had to go to prep school because he skipped class every day to hoop.

Horford is a guy that makes any team better. Avery plays good d, isn't selfish, and hits 3's. Crowder is a tough dude. Smart is inconsistent, but a great energy guy. Brown has obvious talent.

Obviously some guys will eventually leave, but it's a well constructed team. I'm going there if I'm Hayward. I'm trying to get there if I'm Paul George. Utah sucks.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Durant left his team and stayed in the West.

Aldridge left his team and stayed in the West.

Who was the last big free agent to leave his team, and go to a team in the East?

Fans may be all enamored by the Warriors or Westbrook's triple doubles, but the players know what the reality is.

It is basic economics. Because of the max salary, no player in the league is as underpaid as LeBron, so whichever team he is on has $30M of extra cap room that no one else has.

I agree, but Curry at 11 mil is a fucking steal.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,076
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Who was the last big free agent to leave his team, and go to a team in the East?

Fans may be all enamored by the Warriors or Westbrook's triple doubles, but the players know what the reality is.

It is basic economics. Because of the max salary, no player in the league is as underpaid as LeBron, so whichever team he is on has $30M of extra cap room that no one else has.

The only decent place to go in the East is Miami.

Maybe New Orleans for the party. Maybe Toronto but the taxes are shit.

NYC, dump. DC, dump. Boston, dump dump. Chicago dangerous dump. Cleveland-river used to catch on fire dump. Charlotte - not such a dump but losers.

San Antonio -cool vibe, nice place. Dallas- upscale, pretty decent. Hell, even OKC is nicer than the shit in the east. Memphis is probably the biggest dump in the west but Beale Street and delicious BBQ are cool.

• Options

Hayward is staying in Utah.

He gets more money, and its easier to get to the finals in the West than in the East.

He gets the fancy feast in Utah way easier...which is nice.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

NYC, dump. DC, dump. Boston, dump dump. Chicago dangerous dump. Cleveland-river used to catch on fire dump. Charlotte - not such a dump but losers.

San Antonio -cool vibe, nice place. Dallas- upscale, pretty decent. Hell, even OKC is nicer than the shit in the east. Memphis is probably the biggest dump in the west but Beale Street and delicious BBQ are cool.

New Orleans is in the west, but still.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited May 2017
    Literally every time LeBron has been a free agent he's signed in the east.

It's easier to win in the east.

Durant didn't sign with GS because he was scared of LeBron he signed in GS because he was scared of GS.

LeBron has maybe two years of elite level basketball left. Utah isn't sniffing the finals in the next five years let alone two. Boston gets there in 2020 at the latest without him.

I don't think Boston wants Heyward but he'd be nuts not to want them.
  • Options

New Orleans is in the west, but still.
    True. They are.

The east is a cesspool of basketball and cities.

• Options
    dnc said:

Literally every time LeBron has been a free agent he's signed in the east.

It's easier to win in the east.

Durant didn't sign with GS because he was scared of LeBron he signed in GS because he was scared of GS.

LeBron has maybe two years of elite level basketball left. Utah isn't sniffing the finals in the next five years let alone two. Boston gets there in 2020 at the latest without him.

I don't think Boston wants Heyward but he'd be nuts not to want them.

So chowdah can make for a fancy feast, too?

Probably want to let it cool down a bit before using it as a ranch dressing substitute.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Some (most) of the NBA talk in this bored is cringe worthy.
  • Options

hurtful
  • Options
    dnc said:

hurtful
    I like Memphis a lot. Central BBQ is delicious. Graceland is cheesy cool. Not sure if I've enjoyed nightlife more than Beale Street and that includes New Orleans, NYC, Vegas and Nashville.

But there are some real shit parts of town.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

hurtful
    I like Memphis a lot. Central BBQ is delicious. Graceland is cheesy cool. Not sure if I've enjoyed nightlife more than Beale Street and that includes New Orleans, NYC, Vegas and Nashville.

I'm hearing Southaven is worse than Detroit and Chicago combined.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

dnc said:

hurtful

I'm hearing Southaven is worse than Detroit and Chicago combined.
    Can confirm.

I have two stories for you, but first I have to go to a meeting.

BRB, lunch.
  • Options
    Story time with doognmississippi::

When I moved hurr in the early stages of the duckade I was a young single dude. Got an apartment with a 6 month lease, figured I'd meet some dudes and get a lover roommate or two by the time the lease was up. Whilst moving into the apartment there's a dude starting at the empty parking space next to the moving van. At first I thought he was looking for something but he just kept staring at it blankly. Kinda @creepycoug'd me out. By the time my chit was moved in dude was gone, but there was a single red rose laying in the space he had been staring out.

Weird.

So that night I meet some of the neighbors and they axe me which room I moved into. I tell them the room number and they look at each other and go "oh, that's blahblahblah's room". I axe who blahblahblah is and they say she's the gurr who just got shot a couple days ago in the parking lot.

Strong first impression Southaven.

A year and a half later or so I'm sitting in the office after hours, surfing The Pit or Doogman or LemonParty or something I'm sure (abundance!), when I hear 7 loud bangs. I'm 12 years or so removed from my gangsta days on Delridge so I assume it's firecrackers or something, nbd. Then I hear this loud wailing, as if tens of voices suddenly cried out in terror but there was no one to silence them. I feared something terrible had happened.

Sho nuff, turns out a kid got capped behind the next building over where some kind of student community group was having a party. 16 year old pulled a gat and took a 15 year old cold blooded in front of the whole party, hopped in a car and rolled out. Those ages might be off by a year or so but that's the gist.

Good tims.
  • Options
    APAG comparing poppa Big Balla to Trump looking more and more accurate

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2017
    I always love seeing stuck up feminists squirm when someone won't put up with their shit.
  • Options

I always love seeing stuck up feminists squirm when someone won't put up with their shit.

I'm not really a BigBallaL fan, but the idea that you're "disrespecting women" because you don't make shoes for women is feminaziFS.

#TeamBaller on this one.