Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It was just light #FakeNews and govt officials leaking classified material to the WP...

HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964
Prez and 3 Senior US Officials there...all 3 senior US official deny the story:
McMaster: "The story as it came out tonight as reported is false". "I was in the room. It didn't happen"
Tillerson: ""During President Trump's meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov, a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism. During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations,"
Powell: "This story is false.  The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced."

Yet somehow the WP now has the classified details that it doesn't want to publish on something that wasn't talked about according to the 3 senior US officials present...

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Obama visited the WAPO newsroom to cheers.

The enemy is within and must be stopped and Trump is on it.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Prez and 3 Senior US Officials there...all 3 senior US official deny the story:
    McMaster: "The story as it came out tonight as reported is false". "I was in the room. It didn't happen"
    Tillerson: ""During President Trump's meeting with Foreign Minister Lavrov, a broad range of subjects were discussed among which were common efforts and threats regarding counter-terrorism. During that exchange the nature of specific threats were discussed, but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations,"
    Powell: "This story is false.  The president only discussed the common threats that both countries faced."

Yet somehow the WP now has the classified details that it doesn't want to publish on something that wasn't talked about according to the 3 senior US officials present...

The WH denied things that were not in the WaPo story. Trump admitted to compromising national security sources this morning.
    No, he didn't.

Wipe your chin
    doogie said:

No, he didn't.

Wipe your chin

I understand your frustration.
    Frustration? Loving every minute of this.

It hasn't even started yet.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    doogie said:

I also enjoy all this winning
    doogie said:

Me too! The trump administration is a real hoot.
    Working well for me. Sorry you've been emotionally crippled.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Just like in 2007-08, there was a 28% who supported GWB to the bitter end, we're seeing the 28% of Troomps. The unpersuadables.

I'm surprised I'm surprised.
    Productive people love Trump. Hth
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,215 Standard Supporter
    It takes time to root out the communist plants placed by Obunghole. But it will happen and they will enjoy their stay in the gray bar hotel.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964

You two should really check out Trump's tweets.

He confirmed the story.

No he didn't.

As McMaster just said, the "WP article is based on a false premise", that the "Oval Office talk was wholly appropriate", that Trump did not disclose any information on sources or methods, and that the leaks to the WP itself put "National Security at risky".

Any idiot knew there was a laptop bomb threat, which is why the Feds just banned laptops on-board airlines from certain countries and are talking about doing it for all of Europe. Telling that to the Russian PM (as we did with other allies) isn't "light treason" as some idiots around here like to think.

You two should really check out Trump's tweets.

He confirmed the story.

No he didn't.

As McMaster just said, the "WP article is based on a false premise", that the "Oval Office talk was wholly appropriate", that Trump did not disclose any information on sources or methods, and that the leaks to the WP itself put "National Security at risky".

Any idiot knew there was a laptop bomb threat, which is why the Feds just banned laptops on-board airlines from certain countries and are talking about doing it for all of Europe. Telling that to the Russian PM (as we did with other allies) isn't "light treason" as some idiots around here like to think.
    The WaPo didn't say that Trump disclosed any information on sources or methods.

But still.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,641 Founders Club
    Don't try to confuse boobs with facts

It works

It works

Feel free to show me where the WaPo said Trump disclosed sources or methods.

I'm willing to view actual facts.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

It works

WaPo didn't. NPR pretty much did.

It works

I still don't see specific sources or methods being discussed. All I see is that Trump potentially sabotaged America's ability to get intel from allies in the future.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

It works

I still don't see specific sources or methods being discussed. All I see is that Trump potentially sabotaged America's ability to get intel from allies in the future.
    KOMO, in passing, blahblah, heard the report DRIVING HOME IN MY CAR last night, not going to listen again. But as I recall, it was at least heavily implied that Trump disclosed enough of sources & methods for the Russians to easily reverse it back to actual source.
    Had I been in a train, I could have taken notes. Missed opportunities.

It works

KOMO, in passing, blahblah, heard the report DRIVING HOME IN MY CAR last night, not going to listen again. But as I recall, it was at least heavily implied that Trump disclosed enough of sources & methods for the Russians to easily reverse it back to actual source.
    Had I been in a train, I could have taken notes. Missed opportunities.
    I've seen that implication as well. There's a difference between that and stating as fact that Trump discussed sources and methods.

To reiterate:
    What Trump did was perfectly legal and perfectly stupid.