Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to the metal heads of the bored?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,016 Founders Club
Any of you dudes familiar with the band Sleep and their album Dopesmoker?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

Comments

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    Fucking shadowing is all wrong, the moons are lit from below and the desert is lit from above and to the right and the spaceship looks like the head of Jar Jar Binks with a big ruffly collar but at least the Fremen are leading the banthas single file, you know?
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Any of you dudes familiar with the band Sleep and their album Dopesmoker?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

Sounds like a terrible cover of Mastodon (who sucks).

• RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    BearsWiin said:

Fucking shadowing is all wrong, the moons are lit from below and the desert is lit from above and to the right and the spaceship looks like the head of Jar Jar Binks with a big ruffly collar but at least the Fremen are leading the banthas single file, you know?

Mixing Dune and Star Wars is nerd blasphemy.
    RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

WELL SLAP ME WITH A SLIDE RULE
    BearsWiin said:

RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

WELL SLAP ME WITH A SLIDE RULE
    Ok. You bring a bag of spice melange and I'll bring the slide rule and condoms.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,551 Founders Club
    never heard of them

I haven't really kept up with new bands for a while, probably since 2010 or so.
    RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

Watched Rogue One this evening with the missus. Unlike David Lynch's Dune, that's a movie that gets better every time I see it.
    BearsWiin said:

RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

Watched Rogue One this evening with the missus. Unlike David Lynch's Dune, that's a movie that gets better every time I see it.
    David Lynch's Dune is an acquired taste but I'll concede that Rogue One has more lower common denominator appeal.

Frank Herbert's Dune is a literary master piece and is one the best sci-fi books ever written.

As an aside I met Amanda Knox (the first time) while I was tracking down a hard copy of Dune a few years ago. She worked at a used book store in Pioneer Square. She had the potential to be attractive but her hygiene was lacking. A cute girl to be sure but nothing to write home about.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

David Lynch's Dune is an acquired taste but I'll concede that Rogue One has more lower common denominator appeal.

Frank Herbert's Dune is a literary master piece and is one the best sci-fi books ever written.

As an aside I met Amanda Knox (the first time) while I was tracking down a hard copy of Dune a few years ago. She worked at a used book store in Pioneer Square. She had the potential to be attractive but her hygiene was lacking. A cute girl to be sure but nothing to write home about.
    So did you fuck her?
    RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

I saw David Lynch's Dune when it came out, couldn't make heads or tails of it. So I read the book, and saw the movie again. The film made even less sense. It's not an acquired taste; it's just a piece of shit.

Argee that Dune is one of the best sci-fis evar. I have a bit of trouble with God Emperor, but Heretics was absolutely auce. Pissed that he died before finishing his Grand Idea.
    phineas said:

Swaye said:

RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

RedRocket said:

BearsWiin said:

So did you fuck her?
    This guy nailed it.