Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just a reminder

2»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited May 2017

Listen up dumb fucks, people like to forget that row boat the original intercollegiate sport both on an international level (i.e., Oxford racing Cambridge) and in the US, so show a little god damned respect. If it weren't for row boat pioneering the concept of colleges competing against each other, we might not even have college football, and would all have to be like a bunch of gay 12's watching pro football.

I'll grant you that but also mention Rugby and Cricket. The Olympic sports were first (ancient Greece!), while in intercollegiate terms, Harvard and Yale started rowing competition in 1852.

Meanwhile, Penn and Haverford were playing cricket in the 1840's, other Ivy League schools were playing rugby at the same time.

But whatevs
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,016 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Listen up dumb fucks, people like to forget that row boat the original intercollegiate sport both on an international level (i.e., Oxford racing Cambridge) and in the US, so show a little god damned respect. If it weren't for row boat pioneering the concept of colleges competing against each other, we might not even have college football, and would all have to be like a bunch of gay 12's watching pro football.

I'll grant you that but also mention Rugby and Cricket. The Olympic sports were first (ancient Greece!), while in intercollegiate terms, Harvard and Yale started rowing competition in 1852.

Meanwhile, Penn and Haverford were playing cricket in the 1840's, other Ivy League schools were playing rugby at the same time.

But whatevs
    True, but that was all intermural stuff I believe, right? First Harvard - Yale rugby game wasn't until 1875.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited May 2017

AZDuck said:

But whatevs
    True, but that was all intermural stuff I believe, right? First Harvard - Yale rugby game wasn't until 1875.
    Apparently there weren't rules and shit back then, so people just mobbed onto the field and tried to hurt each other. Like the Autzen porking lot but a little bit less rapey

But Haverford absolutely claims cricket as being intercollegiate in the 1840's:
    While a student at the University of Pennsylvania, Wister founded the “Junior Cricket Club,” one of the first cricket clubs in the country for Americans. While the “Junior Club” was short-lived, its match against Haverford College on May 7, 1843, was the first intercollegiate sporting event in Penn’s history. ,/blockquote>
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Classics.Bored.Instant
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

@doogie is a faggot.

Oh, and UW beat Hitler at rowboat once. Big deal. UO graduated Tojo's foreign minister from its law skool.

But yes, rowboat is a big deal for some people. Some gay people.

sort of like track for whOregon?
    If your good at track you can go on the international circuit and make good money.

If your good at rowboat you're good at rowboat.

Learn the difference.
    Ashton Eaton got a street named after him in LaPine. Have you ever been to LaPine? It fucking sucks.

Rowboat kids were born rich, track kids have to work for it.

Ultimately; Track = Rowboat.
    Ashton Eaton is being pegged by Brianne Thieson and doing Nike ads during the Olympics. Rowboat guys are trying to lose excess weight and build a client list at JP Ameritrade.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,640 Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

But whatevs
    I'll admit - that fact that you possess such useless knowledge has me slightly disgusted and slightly aroused.

no homo.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

Race was there when the Oxford Commas took it to Cambridge that fateful day.
    I don't always listen to faggy, hipster bands, but when I do, I like some of that Vampire Weekend. Oxford Comma is a catchy little tune.
    I hate Vampire Weekend. Wannabe fucking morphs of Joe King Carrasco and Elvis Costello.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,016 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Race was there when the Oxford Commas took it to Cambridge that fateful day.
    I don't always listen to faggy, hipster bands, but when I do, I like some of that Vampire Weekend. Oxford Comma is a catchy little tune.
    I hate Vampire Weekend. Wannabe fucking morphs of Joe King Carrasco and Elvis Costello.
    I will keep my powder dry and not stick up for Vampire Weekend in this instance. In other words, I can't fault someone for hating them. I did at one time find their first album to be a bit of a guilty pleasure.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited May 2017
    To my knowledge as of now there is no vampire boat entered into the yacht parade. I have no doubt that the vampires would be welcome to join the yacht parade but they should probably hurry
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,612 Standard Supporter
    At least we* scheduled a difficult non-conference country Power-5 economy opponent for Windermere Cup
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    I don't hang out with Indian people so I don't know cricket.

Although i did grow up within 3 miles of Motorola, microchip, Intel, and Honeywell. So we used to throw water balloons at all the Indians playing cricket in the neighborhood public park for fun.