Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Can't pump out zero down subprime auto loans forever
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Actually, this is a dumb metric that isn't any more convincing than the Donald taking credit for the jobs report in January. After a year or so, whatever the economy is doing will belong to Trump and Congress, but not yet
    AZDuck said:

Actually, this is a dumb metric that isn't any more convincing than the Donald taking credit for the jobs report in January. After a year or so, whatever the economy is doing will belong to Trump and Congress, but not yet the Fed

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    doogie said:

AZDuck said:

Actually, this is a dumb metric that isn't any more convincing than the Donald taking credit for the jobs report in January. After a year or so, whatever the economy is doing will belong to Trump and Congress, but not yet the Fed

Doogie's knowledge of the economy is astounding. Next he'll be seeing that the Fed is a private business.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    AZDuck said:

Actually, this is a dumb metric that isn't any more convincing than the Donald taking credit for the jobs report in January. After a year or so, whatever the economy is doing will belong to Trump and Congress, but not yet

Gonna assume that J flagged this because Trump should get credit for the jobs report but no blame for the economy stuff.

I'm gonna have to agree.
    edited April 2017
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

AZDuck said:

Doogie's knowledge of the economy is astounding. Next he'll be seeing that the Fed is a private business.
    Fuck off
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,962 Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Gonna assume that J flagged this because Trump should get credit for the jobs report but no blame for the economy stuff.

I'm gonna have to agree.
    No I didn't. I suppose @AZDuck hated Obama and wanted him gone after year 1.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

doogie said:

Can't pump out zero down subprime auto loans forever

I like it when Doogie talks economics.

economis are important
    edited April 2017
    Subprime auto-loan default rates match those seen just before the 2007-2009 recession. It’s a red flag that’s been flapping for some time for analysts worried it could pose risks to the broader credit market, bank health and, ultimately, the consumer-driven economy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-why-its-getting-harder-to-ignore-rising-subprime-auto-defaults-2017-03-30

Great time to be sitting on inventory as flooring rates rise, margins are squeezed, credit tightens, sales fall.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

I'm gonna have to agree.
    I was actually pissed off at Obama by the end of 2009. He had 59 votes in the Senate and a huge majority in Congress and only passed about 1/2 as much stimulus as was needed, and took single payer off the table, even as a negotiating poont, before even beginning work on the Frankenstein monster known as the ACA. Also too, put Debbie Wassermann-Schultz in as head of the DNC and kept her there while the Dems lost race after race, statehouse after statehouse.

Ran as a liberal, governed as a centrist.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

I'm gonna have to agree.
    I was actually pissed off at Obama by the end of 2009. He had 59 votes in the Senate and a huge majority in Congress and only passed about 1/2 as much stimulus as was needed, and took single payer off the table, even as a negotiating poont, before even beginning work on the Frankenstein monster known as the ACA. Also too, put Debbie Wassermann-Schultz in as head of the DNC and kept her there while the Dems lost race after race, statehouse after statehouse.

Please do tell how doubling the deficit only did half the job of providing ample stimilus???

Did it include the failed ca$h for clunkers program or the $200 billion poured down the drain in green energy start up funding?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

I'm gonna have to agree.
    I did.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    BearsWiin said:

AZDuck said:

PurpleJ said:

AZDuck said:

I'm gonna have to agree.

His management of relations with Congress in those first two years was extremely disappointing. Every new president has a bit of a learning curve, but for a guy who came from Congress, and who should know how the institution works and what a President needs to do to work effectively with it, he did a lousy job from the get-go.
    He never really was in Congress. He was elected in 2004 and was beginning to be groomed for a Pres run shortly after that. He had no ties nor base to the Senate. He basically had no idea how things were done there nor who had the power. And if He did know, He simply didn't care.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    2001400ex said:

doogie said:

AZDuck said:

Oh right. Next you will tell me Federal Express is a private business.