Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Noah Dickerson staying at UW

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    We likely will suck this year ... but it's all about work rate and doing the little things that I'm looking for ...

I don't think 6-12 is out of the question ... if everything breaks right maybe 9-9
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What Hop will have is a crop of (thus far) underachieving, former 4-star recruits. Thybulle, Dickerson, Green, Crisp, Timmins, and now Nowell were all pretty highly regarded out of high school. Obviously these guys have gotten horrible coaching during their time at UW. If Hop is a good coach, he could do something with this group the way Petersen was able to un-Sark some of the players he inherited.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I think Carlos is gonna be one of Hop's guys. He has more scrap than the rest of the team combined. I used to watch his high school mix over and over before he committed to us.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Sweet I always enjoy a shitty, satirical, crazy, angry token black female SNL actor on teams!!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Compiling talent is important and there is enough in dickersons game which will be valuable to making the team at least compete with a decent coaching strategy. I'm also interested to see how these players develop with someone else at the helm. Romar wasn't known for developing bigs in any way shape or form, so this will be an interesting test case.

Hopefully Dickerson develops the rest of his game. He has great touch. The coaching was so bad I don't know if he sucks at defense or if it was just laziness. He's not a dominant defender, but he shouldn't suck.

Thybulle has to better than he showed last year.

I don't think UW is all that talented, but the program was a disaster. Donald Butler and Mason Foster have had lengthy careers in the NFL, but were on an 0-12 team. I doubt that has ever happened before. The same exact thing happened under Romar with the basketball team.

Fultz and a roster of walk-ons would win more than 2 PAC 12 games with a decent coach.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Hopkins can unfuck this group of losers, we'll know quickly he's the right guy.