Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What is your primary source audio component- i.e., how do you listen to your tunes?

2»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857
    Pandora, Spotify, iTrunes, etc from Smart Phone, Laptop, PC, etc.

Abundance.

Old iPod, turntable, cds in the car, streaming on laptop and phone.

For those that still buy CD's (I did until I went all in on Spotify) we are living in a golden age of cheap CD abundance. Think about going into Tower Records near the 7-11 on the Ave un the U District to buy a Led Zeppelin CD in circa 1995ish...you'd be paying $16.99 or about $27.00 in 2016 dollars. Now you can buy that same CD new for like $12.99 and find is used easily for $5 or $6. If I wasn't such a vinyl junkie I would be buying the shit out of all the used CD's in Seattle and have like 5000 in my collection.
    Ummm. Why?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,015 Founders Club
    Turntable

Abundance.

For those that still buy CD's (I did until I went all in on Spotify) we are living in a golden age of cheap CD abundance. Think about going into Tower Records near the 7-11 on the Ave un the U District to buy a Led Zeppelin CD in circa 1995ish...you'd be paying $16.99 or about $27.00 in 2016 dollars. Now you can buy that same CD new for like $12.99 and find is used easily for $5 or $6. If I wasn't such a vinyl junkie I would be buying the shit out of all the used CD's in Seattle and have like 5000 in my collection.
    Ummm. Why?
    Lowest cost way to get audiophile level sound. Way cheaper than vinyl or higher res (than CD) digital files. Streaming MP3s just doesn't sound very good into a decent stereo set up.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

Abundance.

Ummm. Why?
    Lowest cost way to get audiophile level sound. Way cheaper than vinyl or higher res (than CD) digital files. Streaming MP3s just doesn't sound very good into a decent stereo set up.
    As an actual duck with tinnitus, the effective range of my hearing blows, so I think mp3s sound great
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,015 Founders Club
    edited April 2017
    Turntable
    AZDuck said:

Abundance.

Ummm. Why?
    As an actual duck with tinnitus, the effective range of my hearing blows, so I think mp3s sound great
    Smarter dudes than me wrote those algorithms and knew most folks would still find the sound fine. Alas I'm cursed with my hearing being still pretty good and being a hi fi geek to boot.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,857

AZDuck said:

Abundance.

Ummm. Why?
    I'm cursed with being a geek.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Turntable
    I bought a bunch of CDs when Tower Records folded up shop. Had the entire Blue Note catalog for under $50 (retail was probably 100x that).

Pure vinyl now.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,550 Founders Club
    edited April 2017
    Write-in option
    YouTube honestly.

Still have 175 compact discs or so and maybe 30 songs on Google Play. I had ITunes years ago.

If There's a really good song and an artist like Prince vigilantly locks it out of YouTube, I'll pay the $1.36, but the music videyas are fun.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,282 Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Abundance.

Ummm. Why?
    Smarter dudes than me wrote those algorithms and knew most folks would still find the sound fine. Alas I'm cursed with my hearing being still pretty good and being a hi fi geek to boot.